46 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate the Cold Spell for Your Location out of 10

2. 2. Did You See your First Snowfall of 2011

3. 3. Did You Have any Snowfall(s)

4. 4. Did You Have any Lying Snow

5. 5. What Was Your Maximum Snow Depth in the Cold Spell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes, i did see that they will cover the majority of the country for a very short time, but i don't want to expect too much and be dissapointed lol :)

Edited by Mark Neal Ballooning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

T850 Lovely -5 Line from Monday. ( Still a lil far off mind.. But the temps are good! up there ).

PPN seems to be very much on the NW side of the UK / Western areas.

Once that pool moves away, it looks like it will bring up warmer air briefly before another cooler pool comes in, this time with more PPN.

Again, I think any snow will remain on the North and Northwestern side of the country.

Depending on just how much mixing happens before the second blast, We could see a lot rain with some snow on the higher grounds.

Cant wait to see these charts on monday.

h850t850eu.png

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

An irish sea streamer would be nice for me Sun/Mon with loads of snow showers spilling through the cheshire gap............. :acute:

Sorry just to add that was a dream just woke up lol

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Cold enough for snow here on Monday on the 12z (GFS and ECM!), but I doubt there'll be much in the way of precipitation. Usually a couple of wintry flurries make it across here when the wind is WNW, more so than when it is NNW anyway! I doubt the ground would be cold enough for it to settle anyway. Later on the the week looks quite interesting too, obviously nothing special, but I've known nice surprise snowfalls hit us before even when things don't look promising. In November 2005 we had 6cm, which lay for about 5 hours before it melted, and that was with a NNW, -5 uppers, and ground temperatures above freezing.

Also, if we had this outlook during March 2007 I'd be over the moon as back then it seemed as though -5 uppers constituted a significant cold spell, with or without snow!

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I would love to see some wintry showers or wet snow up on hills in west country but looks to brief, marginal and any ppn will be hit and miss down here.

Still exciting to see colder air around :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

A year ago today :smiliz19:

post-9381-0-11455200-1322768477_thumb.jp post-9381-0-99196600-1322768528_thumb.jp post-9381-0-39966700-1322768630_thumb.jp

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

post-9381-0-11455200-1322768477_thumb.jp post-9381-0-99196600-1322768528_thumb.jp post-9381-0-39966700-1322768630_thumb.jp

Brilliant alza- remembered it clearly, and to think I added another 6-8cm to that by Dec 3rd?!

Temperature has risen from 0.9c to 1.5c in the last 5 minutes here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Raining here in NW England... 6.1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah was good this time last year, friday 3rd Dec, lots of snow on ground, -9C first thing, and watching on models at a front from the NW arriving, bringing snow at 7pm ish, snowing with a SW wind at -2C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Still mostly cloudy here.. suppose to clear soon.. just want my first air frost of autumn/winter

6.1? that sounds bit high is your sensor working BT?

if it's raining that the temperature isn't going to be very low is it..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

my point is, his temperature is not too high, its exactly the same here, its cloudy so the temperature is higher, then elsewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yeah I have two going at the moment. One on the roof says 5.5C (0.5C adjustment for the height)

and the one at Met Office level says 6.3C. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

temp is 5.9c here on the coast with recent rain so Backtrack's temp sounds about right

Posted

Perhaps all your air frosts will happen next week! As well as the first snowfalls. Here we've already had a few air frosts aswell as some pretty cold days. Actually I'm really looking forward to next week and I'm surprised how quiet everyone is about it! It really does look quite good for cold and snow with the -10C heading into the Shetlands! And God knows what will happen after that, perhaps December after all will be below average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

same, exactly one year ago Sussex was getting pasted with it's worst/best snow for over 30 years! good memories.

Posted

Odds are against us for snow in this part of the country and chances looking highly unlikely...but we would have all taken this cool spell in a heartbeat 2 weeks ago when things were looking dire!

Lots to follow over the next 7 days it seems. Looking forward to seeing what happens and more interestingly...where it happens.

If anyone on here does see snow (that should be anyone else of course as a couple of people already have!)...be sure to let us know won't you? :diablo:

Posted

it can rain at 1 degree so i dont know what point your trying to make there tbh.

THat's a common thing to happen down here on the South Coast, rain at 1C how I hate it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme - anything but dull and dreary. The snowier the better.
If anyone on here does see snow (that should be anyone else of course as a couple of people already have!)...be sure to let us know won't you? :diablo:

North Wales apparently has it's first light covering on the Carneddau range. It was absolute darkness by the time I finished work, so I haven't seen it with my own eyes (or camera) yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

5c here and raining meto going for -2c here tonight so if skys clear ice will be a real hazard in the morning

C.S