Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England - Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

snow raven

Posted

Please continue to make London & South Eastern part of England jealous by your snow reports and chat here.... :cray: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Think about me then ive been hunting a repeat of feb 1991 for 21 years, moving 4 years ago then everwhere i had been gets a pasting, that said the amount of snow i have seen the 2 winters is still more than i ever would have dreamed of seeing up untill 3 years ago and a heck of a lot more than a lot of people.

Maximum depth at any point here over the past 3 years has been 5cm; even the more coastal location of Runcorn has seen more snow.....it's not been due to a lack of cold, just this crap wnw airflow. Not seen a potent proper NW'ly in years.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

I really do. Makes it worse that a car just went past with snow on it, so it got close. This weather synoptic just likes to make me tear my hair out.

If I still had my car I'd be out chasing. As it is, I have no car and an inability to keep getting out of bed to check the lampost because my non-weather loving other half is asleep and there would be hell to pay if I woke her up over a couple of flakes of snow.

I'm pretty much the same. Had I my car I'd be driving up to Leeds Bradford Airport and Otley, but I wrote it off last month. :( Won't be long until I get another one though!

Edited by Ricky92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Please continue to make London & South Eastern part of England jealous by your snow reports and chat here.... :cray: :lol:

Was wondering if I was banned then, couldn't quote :p

You need to put a link in the other thread. :)

@Cheeserice:

I meant it was about half a degree too high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

BT - a temperature sensor on a source of heat such as a chimney? Plus it will be in the sunlight all day but you state only between 8-2pm.

I take it Wunderground don't check do they LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

OMG ITS A .WINK. BLIZZARD OUT THERE MUST BE ABOUT 4 INCHES DEEP AND ITS ALSO THUNDER AND LIGHTNING WITH GALES OVER 50MPH.

Posted

OMG ITS A .WINK. BLIZZARD OUT THERE MUST BE ABOUT 4 INCHES DEEP AND ITS ALSO THUNDER AND LIGHTNING WITH GALES OVER 50MPH.

OMG yeah just looked outside, I haven't done so for over an hour!!! I can hear the wind howling :)

Edited by Liam J

Posted

BT - a temperature sensor on a source of heat such as a chimney? Plus it will be in the sunlight all day but you state only between 8-2pm.

I take it Wunderground don't check do they LOL

Yeah, it's all in one. It was either have a great wind reading or an accurate temperature reading.

Already got a station at Met Office standards (ish) so thought I'd go for the wind! :D

Wunderground don't check anything no :p

Posted

Here in Glasgow we've just had our best snowfall and largest snow depth since early January 2011. This winter is already better tha 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 with everything all white again! How's it going here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Maximum depth at any point here over the past 3 years has been 5cm; even the more coastal location of Runcorn has seen more snow.....it's not been due to a lack of cold, just this crap wnw airflow. Not seen a potent proper NW'ly in years.

Not good, i have at leas seen 6 or 7 inch events in the last 2 years but if i would have been here 2009/2010 as opposed to Manchester CC i would have seen some serious drifts and im talking about if i walked 2 or 3 miles from here 5 or 6 foot, and if i had not of rushed my decision to move 18 months ago, i may have been in buxton or edale which had 2 foot last year, im really after the big one i am, anyway still nothing here since about 2 hours ago.

Posted

Was wondering if I was banned then, couldn't quote :p

You need to put a link in the other thread. :)

@Cheeserice:

I meant it was about half a degree too high.

I'm trying... it's all different from when I was a winter host from last year :lol:

Posted

Wind has picked up a lot here and the temp has shot up to 3.7c, it's gonna get stronger as well so the temp will remain to high on west coasts.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I'm trying... it's all different from when I was a winter host from last year :lol:

Ah right lol. Paul not even give you a badge this year?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Here in Glasgow we've just had our best snowfall and largest snow depth since early January 2011. This winter is already better tha 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 with everything all white again! How's it going here.

Whats your snow depth then? Really glad you guys are having some of the white stuff! :D

Posted

Good infact.

Blizzard conditions earlier, heavy persistent snow with winds gusting 45mph.

All surfaces covered in snow, don't think its deep as its fairly wet.

Mostly on and off snow for most of the evening.

Posted

Hoping to get snow in the next hour here in Carlisle but not holding my breath :)

Welcome to the madness, another fellow Cumbrian :)

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Ah right lol. Paul not even give you a badge this year?!

We're still discussing the team colours - purple like last year, or a new one for Winter 2011/12....

Posted

Welcome to the madness, another fellow Cumbrian :)

:crazy:

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Not good, i have at leas seen 6 or 7 inch events in the last 2 years but if i would have been here 2009/2010 as opposed to Manchester CC i would have seen some serious drifts and im talking about if i walked 2 or 3 miles from here 5 or 6 foot, and if i had not of rushed my decision to move 18 months ago, i may have been in buxton or edale which had 2 foot last year, im really after the big one i am, anyway still nothing here since about 2 hours ago.

People say it's only weather but I'm passionate about it, seriously snow starved now and things like this just make it worse. That shower that missed to the north has now pepped up 10 miles to the east out towards Stoke/Congleton. Couldn't make it up.

Posted

We're still discussing the team colours - purple like last year, or a new one for Winter 2011/12....

Hmm. Yeah purple is nice. :)

Posted

Good infact.

Not really covered here despite a good spell of heavy persistent snow earlier. You're only about 5km away from me too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Good infact.

Could be our last snow, unless, by some miracle, that snow in Scotland manages to make it here

Posted

Hoping to get snow in the next hour here in Carlisle but not holding my breath :)

I think if you look outside you will see there has already been a heavy shower passed through about 10 minutes ago.Cars all have remnants of snow on windscreens etc.