Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

looks like the north and north west of ireland are gonna do well for snow again come thursday night into friday.

with -5 to -7 850hpa air over the country, snow could fall to quite low levels and could spread quite far inland due to the strength of the wind. some accumulations and disruption is certainly a possiblity. here is a link below of the 850hpa pressure chart.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm722.gif

exciting times ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

More thunder and heavy hail showers here tonight! Gotten very stormy in the past hour as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Still looks dull for Cork though :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Evening folks, or should I say morning. Wind quite gusty this eve and some hefty showers around. Some very exciting weather coming up for those in the Northern 1/3 of Ireland, potentially very severe too with not only severe gales or stormforce winds, but snow also a good possibility. Even further South may get some action from this with the possibility of some further strengthening over the next 24hours.

Posted

Very rough night here definitely gale force wind, if tomorrow is going to be more stormy God help us!!

Evening folks, or should I say morning. Wind quite gusty this eve and some hefty showers around. Some very exciting weather coming up for those in the Northern 1/3 of Ireland, potentially very severe too with not only severe gales or stormforce winds, but snow also a good possibility. Even further South may get some action from this with the possibility of some further strengthening over the next 24hours.

Alright Wathcer how did your assessment go - hope it went well bud :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards, snow and wild wind:-) x
Posted · Hidden by EmWrites, December 7, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by EmWrites, December 7, 2011 - No reason given

It's very windy and wet here in the Borders this morning.

Posted

None of the weather forecasts so far this morning on TV are going past tomorrow evening. They have be advising on the storm for Scotland but no mention of snow yet even though the meto have warnings out.Could it be that they just aren't certain of how much or how severe it's going to be yet?

Posted

None of the weather forecasts so far this morning on TV are going past tomorrow evening. They have be advising on the storm for Scotland but no mention of snow yet even though the meto have warnings out.Could it be that they just aren't certain of how much or how severe it's going to be yet?

Yes Ronan I think this may be the case, it just shows how hard it is to get ahandle on how the weather will pan out in the immediate future never mind LRFs

Posted

Amber warning out for parts of NI & Red warning for scotland.. Looking bad!

Posted

Although we have lost our snow warning and western England has a cold level 2 warning for drifting snow. Its all going on!

Our warning has now been reissued and extended until saturday.

Posted

I'm in a very interesting location for tommorows winds. I'm only a few hundred metres from a Northern facing coast being on the Southern mouth of Belfast lough. I'm looking forward to getting some breaking wave photos over the sea walls. Gfs would put me under WNW gusts of about 80-90mph.

Posted

I'm in a very interesting location for tommorows winds. I'm only a few hundred metres from a Northern facing coast being on the Southern mouth of Belfast lough. I'm looking forward to getting some breaking wave photos over the sea walls. Gfs would put me under WNW gusts of about 80-90mph.

no way not in bangor?

Posted

no way not in bangor?

Thats what gust charts currently show, although that'll be for the non-sheltered areas. It's scary.

Posted

One thing I've just noticed on the charts is the strong Jetstreak and numerous convergence zones over a good bit of Ireland as a whole. I wouldn't rule out some exceptional gusts under that situation...but it'll be very isolated, should it happen at all. Fleeting heavy showers, turning wintry later tommorow. It is absolutely freezing here.