Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sounding a bit calmer out there now. Its just a normal windy day, nothing special tbh. Already had wind like that a few times this year.

Posted

Sounding a bit calmer out there now. Its just a normal windy day, nothing special tbh. Already had wind like that a few times this year.

agreed noothing of not yet again peope worrying over nothing

Posted

Noticable drop in temps already from 10 - 6 degrees, I believe its later that the winds are to be stronger?

I think the peak is supposed to be between 9am and midday.

EDIT: I may have spoke too soon, really picked up again there!

Edited by Juuyoku

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I've just been out down to the coast, seas very rough even into the sheltered harbour. Winds not as strong as I thought but still significant. Took a video but you cannot hear a word I'm saying with the roar of the wind. Winds gusting to about 70mph in the squally showers, 55mph generally. Sustained/mean of 40mph. Temps around 5/6 with a wind chill of about -1. Hope you's up on the North coast are surviving alright.

Posted

The snow warning has been removed and replaced with a yellow warning for ice;

Issued: 1230 on Thu 08 Dec 2011

Valid from: 2100 on Thu 08 Dec 2011

Valid to: 1000 on Fri 09 Dec 2011

Showers this evening and tonight will fall as a mixture of rain, sleet and snow and are likely to give icy patches, especially on untreated roads Some wet snow is likely to low levels, with 2 - 4 cm of snow settling on hills above 200 m or so.

Posted

when will we get a proper storm grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

todays was a proper storm, just we were too far South (not by much) to see the strongest winds. According to what models are saying atm, another deep depression in a week. ECM fired out a brutal low of 935mb in FI.

Posted

Well looks like il be getting a new window.. Rather strange but my Yale alarm bell box on the wall outside has been ripped off and smashed into my french doors breaking one of the windows..

Posted

whats left of my alarm. and have to fork out for a new bit of glass. I know its only a small window but its another thing to pay considering I have just spent £150 getting my boiler fixed and £190 for car what joy that was lol. esp coming up to xmas

post-7789-0-41454800-1323352341_thumb.jp

post-7789-0-08252400-1323352385_thumb.jp

Posted

So the potential for decent amounts of snow has disappeared away from higher areas! Temps have dropped 5 degrees from this morning and now sitting at 5! Maybe see something wintry on my way home later. Heavy rain and hail at the moment here in Cookstown and the wind had picked up again!

Posted

Meto still going for sleet and snow showers through to Saturday with some areas seeing settled snow. Some people will see a surprise over the next 48 hours.

Posted

I;m not so sure Watcher. The latest Beeb forecast and the 12z GFS don't fill me with much confidence. Experience tells us though that the Beeb are never usually great at the NI snow forecast.

Posted

Just seen that beeb forecast, contradicts the Meto one from their website. Lets hope the beeb are underplaying precipitation potential and being conservative with their wintriness.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Hail here all evening but no sign of any snow. Definitely a night for staying at home, would hate to get caught out in one of those showers!

Posted

Wild day altogether! Was 10c when i got to work this morning and 3 when i got home. Caught some snow driving over the Colin on way home but sleety in Ballyclare! i expect the snow line to drop well through the night. Gotta be in Coleraine for 8am.... Coukd be interesting!