Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Discussion

Cookie

Posted

woke up to a nice covering here and just had another quite heavy shower. temp is 0.5c with overnight low of 0.2c. nice surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Whats everyones verdict on Monday/Tuesdays possible very windy spell?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Looks further south than the one just passed which to be honest was a bit of a non event here. GFS always overdoes lows though so it'll probably turn out to be just another storm. Hopefully a bit more interesting though with 945mb still showing up within the reliable time frame

Edited by Harps

Posted

I think we should hold a little competition for highest gust on Mon/Tue at an Ireland (all Ireland) weather station. Get your punts in.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Cold clear night with frost and a light wind. Max temp today 4.4c,current temp 0.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Looks like we might have an exciting week ahead of us. The dull October and November seem so far away now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yeah even Cork looks set to get some weather this week :o

Anyone seen the 18Z gfs for next Friday? Crazy stuff, sustained wind not far off a category 1 hurricane in Dublin and Belfast and gusts over 100mph

Still a lot of uncertainty as to what exactly Tuesdays storm will do but I'll go for 75 knots at Mace Head in Galway!

Edited by Harps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I think its only a matter of time before ireland gets hit with a big storm in the current set up. Of course maybe Tuesday,maybe Friday but next week could be the week for a big one.

As for tuesday i will go for 95 mph at Malin Head.

Posted

Same here stormforce, I'm absolutely plastered, but it disn"t stop me realizing we've a nice frost outside on the way home in the taxi. Some nice punts already in for the gale force winds competition on Tuesday. Good luck folks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Same here stormforce, I'm absolutely plastered, but it disn"t stop me realizing we've a nice frost outside on the way home in the taxi. Some nice punts already in for the gale force winds competition on Tuesday. Good luck folks.

good man watcher, hope you had a good night, has to be done.

Posted

Excellent as always, apart from the hiccups :-X. Looking forward to tommorows more relaxing snooker evening with a few beers. Watching Stephen Frys Planet Word at near 3am, I'm in stitches LOL. Weatherwise, latest models throw NI and Central Eire in the deep end for Mon/Tue LP.

Posted

I would just also like to say Thank You to all of you, as fellow amatuer meteorologists and friends for your support and help over the years.

My life wouldn't be the same being able to share my limited knowledge to all and I hope I give you all a little enthusiasm and help in your forecasting.

Posted

I would just also like to say Thank You to all of you, as fellow amatuer meteorologists and friends for your support and help over the years.

My life wouldn't be the same being able to share my limited knowledge to all and I hope I give you all a little enthusiasm and help in your forecasting.

Jez you really did hit the whiskeys last night - we love you too man ;)

Posted

Jez you really did hit the whiskeys last night - we love you too man ;)

Ditto!!!

Posted

Feeling a little worse for wear this morning, too much whiskey indeed. I must have been on a netweather rampage lol. Scary storms being forecast still, I can imagine pomeroysnow at the santa place and the reindeer probably will be flying. Hope not though for the kids sake.

Posted

Feeling a little worse for wear this morning, too much whiskey indeed. I must have been on a netweather rampage lol.

Sure tis the season to merry lol, if ya cant enjoy a wee tipple now when can ya... :smilz38:

A bit raging that we havent had more snow. Its so toe clenchingly cold at the moment that the least we should have as a consolation is a bit of fluffy pretty white stuff to look at!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Feeling a little worse for wear this morning, too much whiskey indeed. I must have been on a netweather rampage lol. Scary storms being forecast still, I can imagine pomeroysnow at the santa place and the reindeer probably will be flying. Hope not though for the kids sake.

another couple of whiskeys and u will be fine again watcher.

after viewing the charts today,I have decided to write my will prematurely. Lol only joking but these storms look concerning. :help: