Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Not been very windy today.. so all this talk of interesting weather might have been in vain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Thanks for the link ..quite enjoyed the schoolrun, luckily the squall passed and it was just very windy. It's still gushing up here, but to be honest I've seen it worse ..is the bulk over, or is the worst to come ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Thanks for the link ..quite enjoyed the schoolrun, luckily the squall passed and it was just very windy. It's still gushing up here, but to be honest I've seen it worse ..is the bulk over, or is the worst to come ?

I am not sure to be honest but we could see some snow later tonight into tommorrow if the MetO is to be believed.

Posted

It's been quite windy, but nothing massively out of the ordinary for Skipton... Have we got towards the end of the stormy weather now? Are we expecting any snow later?

Posted

Ooo fingers crossed, perhaps a few degrees drop and we shall have snow ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

It's been quite windy, but nothing massively out of the ordinary for Skipton... Have we got towards the end of the stormy weather now? Are we expecting any snow later?

In terms of wind, it's unlikely to get any worse from here on, and certainly after about 8.00 pm the wind should ease somewhat. Re. snow, as the wind direction veers NW later tonight and into tomorrow we should pull in cold enough uppers for snow. The question is how much shower activity will there be by then, and how far inland will it get ? Very hard to predict accurately, so it's really a case of radar watching.

Posted

I love radar watching, its the highlight of winter for me..thank-you for a very informative post, benefits a beginner like myself very much .

Posted

It's starting to drop cooler now, it certainly was a heck of a lot milder today than earlier this week, it felt balmy! The rain was awful today in particularly around lunch time where in Halifax where i worked rain was blowing in every direction very very heavily even blowing into our depot!

The calm after the storm is on it's way, i don't expect any snow realistically, the wind seems to of picked up in the last hour where i am near Huddersfield.

Posted

Frequent torrential hail showers here.

Temperature 4.c (3.c earlier). Interesting to note the dew point is a mere -1.c, a 5.c temperature difference. Quite unusual in-light of the frequent precipitation.

Posted

Uh oh! My station has stopped receiving data! Iv'e just braved outside and it's still on the roof. Not going to be safe to get up there and fix it for a while....

Anyway last recorded gust at 21.15 was 59mph.

I was wondering what all the fuss was about at around 5pm after a gusty day but nothing out of the ordinary. Since around 6pm though the wind has really strengthened and seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

I notice some coastal showers popping up on the forecast for tomorrow - 522dam and -6 uppers - possibly could be on the wintry side.

I do hope my station fixes itself. I feel like Iv'e lost a limb!! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Wind has gotten up again this evening after a calmer period. Hail showers also passing through regularly.

Still waiting for the first batch of snow to come yet :search:

Posted

Woke up to a light dusting. Although it looks like its raining currently :(

Posted

Just had a look at rain today radar, it looks dismal..is anything due to show up later ?

Posted

We've had on off showers since 08:45, some heavier showers appearing over Liverpool seem to be heading this way. Irish sea seems pretty active too .. fingers crossed

Posted

That extra 200/300ft over me can make such a difference lol.

Yep! Moment ppn hit temperature dropped to 0.c too.

Posted

The roads were quite dangerous in places this morning. Driving through Birstall up to the M62 the roundabouts near Showcase Cinema were covered in ice following quite a heavy snow shower (maybe 1cm lying snow).

In central Leeds there have been sleety showers on and off all day, but most of the activity looks like it has been further west.

Posted

BBC Look North (From Newcastle) were doing a story about flooding at Grinton Bridge in Swaledale at 1.30pm.

Interviewing the nearby pub landlord outside it was snowing heavily again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

My girlfriend did a small video of our drive back from Grindleford to Dronfield it really shows just what a few extra hundred feet above sea level can do i will be putting the video on my flickr account.