Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties And East Anglia Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Very windy today with a spell of heavy rain not too long ago. Unfortunately it may be a while until we see any snowfall here in EA and going off the latest model output I'm confident that there won't be any snow here this side of Christmas (though I'd love to be proven wrong!) due to the zonal pattern that we are locked in.

P.S Isn't the 3 counties usually part of this thread too?

Posted

Very windy today with a spell of heavy rain not too long ago. Unfortunately it may be a while until we see any snowfall here in EA and going off the latest model output I'm confident that there won't be any snow here this side of Christmas (though I'd love to be proven wrong!) due to the zonal pattern that we are locked in.

P.S Isn't the 3 counties usually part of this thread too?

Last year I seem to recall it was EA and the 3 counties yeah, wasn't Lincolnshire last year I don't think, obviously a bit of a shift around of the regions. As things stand this is the Cambs thread, dont suppose there is much need for people in EA to come in this thread with weather like this.

Unfortunately have to agree with the snow chances, would need a big change for some wintry weather down here anytime soon.

Posted

Last year I seem to recall it was EA and the 3 counties yeah, wasn't Lincolnshire last year I don't think, obviously a bit of a shift around of the regions. As things stand this is the Cambs thread, dont suppose there is much need for people in EA to come in this thread with weather like this.

Unfortunately have to agree with the snow chances, would need a big change for some wintry weather down here anytime soon.

Very much so, though we may be able to get some fairly cold sunny days in any brief ridges such as Saturday (forecast only 3C max) and maybe some sharp frosts. And another plus is the zonal pattern is going to be more of a cooler/colder variety, so it should at least feel seasonal.

If you live in Lincolnshire or East Anglia, then this is the thread for you. You can also use Google images to see what hills look like.

The Gog Magog Downs south of Cambridge.. :lol:

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Living in the biggest county in the country I think we deserve our own thread :p :p :p

Oh yeah... we are also very sparsely populated so I'll take that back. :sorry: :sorry: :rofl:

BTW I've seen snowfall here already - early hours of Monday morning - very very light snowflakes in a few whiffs of cloud.

Edited by djrikki

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yes it was EA & 3C last year, I have asked on the moderators section about this.....

.....I'm not sure why the the three counties has been shifted (I assume to the London & SE thread) but maybe we will all be allowed to come back and liven things up for you a bit by sharing news of our impressive snow depths with you poor snowless people from Peterborough :p

Posted

I did not observe any snow in Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Oct or Nov this year (and none so far in Dec). This is the first time in the 15 years I've lived in Bedford. Got to be a fair chance of a totally sleet/snowless year. I know a couple of other Beds stations (i.e. Clifton nr Shefford, about 12 miles away) recorded 1 or 2 days with sleet in Jan/Feb but I didn't spot it here, and I am a pretty good lamppost watcher. I have local records going back 100+ yrs (Luton, ok its a higher elevation) but its not happened in that timeframe at all (no snow at all in the year). All in all this year snow-wise is more unusual than last year (December, in particular) when I saw 18cm level snow lying in mid month that lasted until after Christmas. Worth a post..... :smilz38:

Posted

with this storm coming and after looking at the model section have we got be be on the look out now , after the great storm a few years ago

Posted

with this storm coming and after looking at the model section have we got be be on the look out now , after the great storm a few years ago

I would say there is a chance of a storm tracking close to our region Thurs/Fri but the models tend to overdo things. I.e. tonights storm now looks like not troubling us too much, may be 40-50mph gusts tho. Models had it looking a lot worse 48 hrs ago.

Edited by weatherwise

Posted

We get Anglia tv, here in Northampton? are we here or in the Midlands thread..

Northamptonshire once again the lost region...lol

Not really - I'd just think I lived in the Midlands if I lived in Northants. Anyone's free to post in whichever thread they feel comfortable in.

Posted

Yeh and being selfish (here in Beds) I'd actually like to know whats going on in Northants (and other surrounding counties) so I have to check the Midlands and SE also. Oh, to be back in Norfolk, at least you know where you are :rofl:

Posted

Oh, to be back in Norfolk, at least you know where you are :rofl:

....only because it's easy to navigate when you can see for miles without any hills in your way :lol:

We get Anglia tv, here in Northampton? are we here or in the Midlands thread..

Northamptonshire once again the lost region...lol

Your very welcome in here, it's always nice to know what's happening on the other side of the county line :)

Posted

If you live in Lincolnshire or East Anglia, then this is the thread for you. You can also use Google images to see what hills look like.

The hills of fenland.post-5601-0-31743500-1323718002_thumb.jp

Posted

i think us on the east coast could be in for a wild night its blowing a bit out side had to move the bins !!!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

think we will need to batten down this just the warm up . if they are right friday storm worse then this one

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Getting wind gusts of about 32.2 km/h here at the moment, Friday certainly looks as if it has the potential to be much worse, we could even see trampolines blowing along in the wind...

EDIT: Getting gusts of 53.1 km/h now so things starting to rattle and roll outside !!

Edited by MKsnowangel

Hi Mksnowangel,

I was in your neck of the woods on Saturday, very busy due the Red Bull event. Sitting here watching the pressure going down although I can't hear much wind so far and to think this time last year little did we know that in a few days time we would be having one of the best snow events in many years.

Fingers crossed that the snow arrives soon.

Chris

Posted

Just rainy in Peterborough. Cant hear any wind really.... Let's hope its a storm in a tea cup and all blows over soon ;) xxx

And just as I posted that, the festive baubles on my front door bashed about! LOL Reminds me, I must take them off!! lol xxx

Posted

Hi Mksnowangel,

I was in your neck of the woods on Saturday, very busy due the Red Bull event. Sitting here watching the pressure going down although I can't hear much wind so far and to think this time last year little did we know that in a few days time we would be having one of the best snow events in many years.

Fingers crossed that the snow arrives soon.

Chris

Indeed. wasn't it good. Will keep my pics in my sig for some time I think.:)

Posted

'Tis a tad blowy out there. Nothing too scary though :)

Did think my neighbour was a bit daft putting outdoor lights out this evening (yes, actually in the dark ...) - could they not wait a couple more days?!

Wierd to hear rain, actually - been a pretty rare occurrence recently.

Posted

Hi Mksnowangel,

I was in your neck of the woods on Saturday, very busy due the Red Bull event.

Chris

Hi Chris, Yes it was busy police estimated 60,000 people, I was there in the middle of it just up on the opposite side of Midsummer Boulevard to the paddock/pit lane with a great view, I've put some of my photos in the gallery on here

http://forum.netweat...ome-run-101211/

Wind seems to have eased a bit here now but it's still raining;

Speed / Dir 12.9 km/h / 3.6 m/s from SSW

Wind Gust 35.4 km/h