Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello.

The weather is never boring OON but you just seem to get it all. :aggressive:

Currently mild, 11.1c and rising @ 12.16BST

Top Windspeed 32mph @ 1201BST

Barometer 1007.4hpa and falling rapidly

Expecting some wind increase as we go into this evening but the 100mph+ gusts that some exposed parts have had.

Some rain also expected but not over much.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Gawd, southern England weather is dull! Had a top gust of around 33mph this morning. A bit warmer than yesterday too.

Posted

If you live in the south of England, then this is the place to talk about all the lovely winter weather you're having.

Yeah right...as if!

Aha, that would be me then :) Can I join you please?

Glad to have somewhere to chat about our weather... Bit blustery here today but nothing compared to Scotland. I've been following that thread and its really nasty up there. I wouldn't mind having some exciting weather down here but more in the way of the white stuff, not roofs blown off.

Posted

What a dreadful evening. Hammering it down and gusty winds. Looks like a soggy trek to the pub quiz tonight for me!

Posted

Patiently waiting for the cold front to pass through, it's about 45 miles away to my NW, and has just become marginally more active.

Fingers crossed.

This could be as good as the southern winter gets, a rainfilled cold front :cray:

Gawd, southern England weather is dull! Had a top gust of around 33mph this morning. A bit warmer than yesterday too.

We picked up 52mph down here on the coast.

Posted

Patiently waiting for the cold front to pass through, it's about 45 miles away to my NW, and has just become marginally more active.

Fingers crossed.

This could be as good as the southern winter gets, a rainfilled cold front :cray:

We picked up 52mph down here on the coast.

I'm glad I get a 3 week holiday to the Midlands :lol:

My maximum 2m gust was 37mph, 10m gust 40mph. Not too bad I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hello to my fellow southern friends, hopefully we will be talking alot about snow this winter, looks like it could be after xmas at least before we see any of the white stuff...

Anyway a quite literally miserable day here today, cloudy start to the day with 8c, continued cloudy and damp through morning, wind increased during the afternoon along with the temperature upto a Balmy 12.4c.. During sunset the rain started and carried on till 4:30 before fizzling out. At 5pm we had our highest winds of the day, was 34mph and gusts of 43mph. It had been 22-25mph through the day. At 5:15-5:45 we had some heavy rain delivering us much welcomed 4.5mm of rain. Temperature has now started to drop and is currently sitting at 8.6c. Clear skies rolling in across the region. Could be a touch of frost tonight for some places! :)

Hope you are all well, and hopefully we will have lots to talk about in this thread.

Mark

Edited by Mark Neal Ballooning

Posted

I have waited ALL day for the squall line to make it to this neck of the woods, and when it did, oh what a waste.

Waited and waited the wind finally picked the rain turned torrential, I counted 28 and it stopped, end of story.

Less than 30seconds worth of squall, and that was it, oh well at least I caught it just right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Hi fellow Southerners! :search:

Been reading the Scottish thread all day as temnporarily housebound. Just noticed it's lashing down outside and I see from raintoday that this is the squall line just hitting. This will pass long before the temps drop in the morning :80: Praps there'll be a little tornado just to keep us all excited?

Kate

Posted

Hey Again, since its been condiserably dry this autumn and winter so far, its a welcome relief to hear that i can expect some rain in the next week, at the moment the 10 day forecast at a glance, provided by Netweather is showing.

Sunday- 12mm, Monday- 6mm, Tuesday- 18mm, Thursday 6mm, Friday 20mm, would certainly be a welcome relief if we got this amount of rain. I know most of those heavy rainfall predictions are a long way off, but i am hopeful to see some heavy rain in the next week, but sunny and calm interludes inbetween each system :). Also about a week away is, the threat of some backedge snow as the thurs/fri low pressure clears through. Unlikely to come off, so won't get my hopes up, but still good to see it being thrown up none the less. 'Our Time will come, for snow.. we just gotta be patient'

Regards,Mark.

Posted

a bit cooler today frost forcast for fri/sat night low as -2.theres some intresting weather on the way mon/tue could be verry widy in the south uk.worth keeping a eye on met office has a amber warning for us atm i exspect this will be upgrade or downgrade over weekend worth waching.shame its not for the white stuff i no but that dosent look like it will happen this side of crimbo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Thrashing it down with baked bean sized hail stones in colchester.Quite gusty too.

Posted

Was a clear,chilly day here in Oxford, we had clear skies upto 1pm, before cloud started to filter in, and by 3pm darker clouds to the North-West, they then extended towards us and at 3:15pm they started to get closer and then a mixture of Hail,Sleet,Rain fell down, the temperature had dipped to 4c at this stage, was certainly interesting and the skies cleared behind it, and since then it has been freezing, temperature currently at 1.7c. Expecting a severe frost tonight.

Posted

Was a clear,chilly day here in Oxford, we had clear skies upto 1pm, before cloud started to filter in, and by 3pm darker clouds to the North-West, they then extended towards us and at 3:15pm they started to get closer and then a mixture of Hail,Sleet,Rain fell down, the temperature had dipped to 4c at this stage, was certainly interesting and the skies cleared behind it, and since then it has been freezing, temperature currently at 1.7c. Expecting a severe frost tonight.

Severe frost? Highly unlikely. Probably won't get below -2c tonight in urban areas.

Posted

Severe frost? Highly unlikely. Probably won't get below -2c tonight in urban areas.

When i say severe frost i mean the threat of -3 to -5c in rural areas, and in my area, City of Oxford lows down to -2c, i expect about that, but its already 1c, and was expected to be 3c at this time. So already doing very well..

Posted

Well still have not managed an airfrost here in Southsea, but we did get the first groundfrost this morning! :good:

That's about the most exciting thing to happen weather wise for weeks :smiliz64:

Posted

Really frosty here today and had to scrape my car even though I didn't go out until after 10!

Weather looks interesting towards mid/end of the week - hoping to get a dusting of the white stuff at some point. Its possible.

Posted

Hey Guys/Gals :good:

We managed to get down to -4c here last night just outside the Oxford area. Was a chilly day today,though the frost/ice did melt, but by 4pm the temperature was back down to 3.5c, and it is currently 1.2c under clear skies, but clear skies are soon to be replaced by cloud and then a rise in temperatures before tomorrow's rain!

Regards Mark

P.s We are one of the quietest regions in the regional threads. Comon southerners, we might not have snow/ severe cold but still plenty of weather to talk about. :gathering:

Posted

Some seriously heavy rain sweeping across our parts at the moment, was supposed to be biking to the curry house a little later as well!

Posted

Just had a heavy burst here in Oxford, lasting all of 30 minutes. 5.1mm of rain so far in last hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

What does it mean when a thread goes white instead of blue? The London & SE thread seems to have stopped?!

Still chilly here too!

H.