Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

It's actual me, not daughter me.

I am concerned about Tuesday's weather at the moment, we have an open carol concert planned for the evening and it will be very disappointing if our plans cannot go ahead. How bad is it going to get?

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It's actual me, not daughter me.

I am concerned about Tuesday's weather at the moment, we have an open carol concert planned for the evening and it will be very disappointing if our plans cannot go ahead. How bad is it going to get?

Thanks

Mmmm...... if I'm honest probably not the day to have an open carol concert! Strong to gale force winds, heavy rain and feeling cold, although if your on about Tuesday evening then it might just have passed over us by then, although blustery showers will still be around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nick Miller on the BBC News Channel forecast @ 23:57 just explained there will be plenty of showers Tuesday in western areas. Wintry over hills. Hopefully you guys will see something more wintry, especially over the Mendips & Cotswolds.

Regards Mark.

Edited by Mark Neal Ballooning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I think the more general rain is predicted to sweep past by/during Tuesday morning, leaving showers behind with strong winds. I've also heard a small chance of snow showers in some hilly areas. We will just have to wait and see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I see the nae model is showing Wintry showers for our region for Tuesday from a cold south westerly wind (Bristol channel streamer perhaps), be interesting to see if the updated nae today still shows the same or whether it's dropped the idea.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Everywhere put on yellow warning by the metoffice on friday now.

Meant to be going Ice skating with the family and kids on Friday,,,, on the bright side, bet we get around that ice quicker than we normally would. :rofl:

Posted

Is that snow in the south west I see on the 18z NAE? :p

11121318_1118.gif

Good to be back and see some of the old faces from last year! I doubt anyone will remember me as I didn't post all that much! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still looking good for some brief snow events possible over 100m i'd say roughly. Would be nice if some of these showers linked up abit like a streamer... :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well there even seems to be a little train of showers today which was supposed to be a mainly bright day. Instead we have had a lot of cloud with outbreaks of heavyish rain at times. Looking forward to a possible streamer later tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I'm sorry about my post just now, but I think there's something up with the Met Office and their weather warnings. I swear they keep changing their warnings. Going to keep an eye on this.............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

fergieweatherIan Fergusson

@

@NickIceJones correct. 1-2cm uplands. High-res UK4 model restricts it to Exmoor (few cm); less settling Mendips, Forest of Dean & Cotswolds

One to keep an eye on for sure, and the dog will be a good excuse to go up Cleeve or Leckhampton Hill

Posted

In the current pattern we are in, were extremely lucky to even have a possibility of snow down here, no matter how many feet Asl it will end up being!

Don't knock it, it's good we have something to talk about! I'm strangely confident, after updating myself with the situation regarding the Stratosphere and MJO, that we are going in the right direction for

something decent in the second half of winter! Early signs suggest Netweather's winter forecast is taking small steps closer to verifying!

Still along way to go though! Let's hope for upgrades in the coming week!

Met Office forecast is for frequent snow showers over Dartmoor and Exmoor tomorrow, along with wintry showers to all other parts of the south West, even to low levels sometimes too! Wasn't expecting that!

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Good to see the regional threads open again :D.

Aside from the potentially stormy week looks as though we could get a bit of the white stuff this week, Friday night into Saturday has remained persistently good for the last few days, strong North-Westerly winds, upper values of -5c should hopefully get some heavy showers thrown in for a good measure with some Sleet and Snow especially over higher ground but maybe to lower levels at times as well :p.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1201.html

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavneur.html

Posted

Good to see the regional threads open again :D.

Aside from the potentially stormy week looks as though we could get a bit of the white stuff this week, Friday night into Saturday has remained persistently good for the last few days, strong North-Westerly winds, upper values of -5c should hopefully get some heavy showers thrown in for a good measure with some Sleet and Snow especially over higher ground but maybe to lower levels at times as well :p.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1201.html

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavneur.html

Met Office suggesting snow as early as tomorrow morning too, even to lower levels sometimes!

With potential both Tomorrow and at the weekend, there's good optimisum for a lot of places in the south west too see their first falling snow of the season! Albeit probably wet and slushy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Met Office suggesting snow as early as tomorrow morning too, even to lower levels sometimes!

With potential both Tomorrow and at the weekend, there's good optimisum for a lot of places in the south west too see their first falling snow of the season! Albeit probably wet and slushy!

Sweet even better :D wet slushy snow is better than none, will have to get the eyes ready for some lamp-post watching lol. Hoping by some miracle that the pattern re-sets itself for the xmas weekend so we can get white xmas this year, came close last year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

evening everyone

i'd take wet a slushy anytime - cant be too picky when we live in the balmy southwest! Station is online if anyones interested seeing the storm pass by, although havent got a webcam.

Posted

evening everyone

i'd take wet a slushy anytime - cant be too picky when we live in the balmy southwest! Station is online if anyones interested seeing the storm pass by, although havent got a webcam.

Indeed! I'm quite looking forward to this weeks weather. Snow, strong winds, heavy rain, as the potential to produce some suprises too!

NAE shows some sort of Bristol Channel Streamer setting up shop tomorrow. Snow for Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucs. If that's too be believed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

:lol: ;)

Could this really happen?! I have tomoro off work too so I can keep you informed on mendips :w00t:

A mild 6.5c at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
NAE shows some sort of Bristol Channel Streamer setting up shop tomorrow. Snow for Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucs. If that's too be believed!

Wont have long to find out, some regard the NAE as a very accurate model as it's only a short range one, here's hoping, would be great to see some of the white stuff conisdering the weather pattern we're currently in.

Posted

:lol: ;)

Could this really happen?! I have tomoro off work too so I can keep you informed on mendips :w00t:

A mild 6.5c at the moment.

i would be quite optimistic living on the Mendips, I would be suprised if you didn't even get wet snow tomorrow! Ian Fergusson recently tweeted the Mendips as one of the hotspots!

You may even get a covering! ( you can hope )

Good luck to you anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Pressure Barometer 990.6 mb Falling very rapidly -2.2 mb/hr

Hardly a breeze at the moment.. That will soon change me finks.

press.png?1323715461639

Edited by Lynxus