Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have You Had An Air Frost Yet?

Backtrack

85 members have voted

1. 1. What has your lowest temperature been since September?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Temperature got down to -4c here last night just outside Oxford, we have had 6 air frosts so far.. (15th October), (23rd November), (28th November), (2nd December),(5th December),(6th December). Last night was the coldest yet so far.

ditto 6 airfrost around -4,5c last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Its not unheard of that we wont reach airfrost conditions here until January, but it doesn't happen every year. In winter 2006-2007 the low for the entire winter was +0.2C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Would be quite unlucky though Stephen. Really was hoping to wake up one morning for the sub-zero air to hit my face.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

That's kinda odd.. I'd expect York to have an air frost more then us..

I use York university's weather station. Its very high tech and would be surprised if its wrong. Played golf in York this morning and it certainly wasn't as frosty in York as it was here near Malton. Strange one really :S

Just noticed Linton on Ouse 8 miles northeast of York official Met Office weather station got down to -2.7Cat 5am. Must be an error with the University's station.

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Absolutely anything extreme or unusual

There still hasnt been an air frost here yet this season. Today was painfully close with a min of 0.0C.

Not trying to be pedantic, but meteorologically speaking you have had a frost, 0.0c is freezing point and is therefore classed as an air frost from a recording perspective. :)

My first air frost of the season yesterday morning, 10th December -0.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Yes. We had one this morning.

You'll be missing old Inbhir Nis Pete :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

First air frost here back on the 28th October, 3 air frost in November, the lowest being -5.5c on the 7th, 2 so far in December, so that's only 6 for the season to date.

Posted

Slim chance of an air frost here tonight.

Skies have just cleared and we're down to 3.9C with a rapid decline.

Come on you beaut! :D

Posted

Air frost number 7 on the way - just above zero now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Not trying to be pedantic, but meteorologically speaking you have had a frost, 0.0c is freezing point and is therefore classed as an air frost from a recording perspective. :)

My first air frost of the season yesterday morning, 10th December -0.7c.

Not true- the World Meteorological Organisation define an "air frost" as a day when the temperature drops below 0.0C, so Reef has indeed missed out on one by the narrowest of margins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

0.1c the lowest here so far last Saturday morning. What a contrast to last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting, gales, snow, thunderstorm

This is weird.

A nearby weather station to me has recorded three air frosts this December; -0.4°C on 5th, -0.1°C on 6th and -0.7°C on 10th, in a location 2 miles from me and same elevation, just more exposed.

However, in my back garden, which obviously isn't so exposed and has a micro-climate of its own, there hasn't been a single air frost on my weather station yet, and my minima are running a degree higher overall. Ha.

Posted

Had no air frost during autumn which is unprecedented for my location. Didn't even come close with +0.8C on 6th and 7th November being the lowest minima and no other nights even below 2C :nonono:

First air frost was on the evening of the 1st Dec and had it not been for -0.7C on 4th May we would have gone from 29th March to 1st December with no air frost!

So far in December I've recorded 5 air frosts but only 2 were below -1C with a min of -2.9C on the 5th. So currently well ahead of 2006 when -0.6C on the 19th Nov was the only air frost up to 15th December but we then had the coldest 2nd half of December since 1995 with lots of frost - something which doesn't look like happening this year.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Yes, morning of 10th Dec (-0.6C) was my first of the season in inner (but not central) SW London, too....despite the sensor being 25 ft off the ground, on a bird table fixed to the house wall! The other one halfway down the garden was detached from its perch by some birdie or beastie (or the wind) weeks ago, and hasn't worked since. I'm hoping Santa Claus will provide a replacement.....

Edited by osmposm

Posted

Overnight we finally managed the first air frost of the season with a min temp of -0.7C. That makes it the joint 4th latest date to record the first air frost in the last 31 years.

Only 2006/07 (21 Dec), 1984/85 (27 Dec) and 1986/87 (03 Jan) had a later first frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I've recorded 8 air frosts this month but last night, at -1.7c, was the first one below -1c. There have been 6 days with a min' between 0.0 and 0.9c and 7 with a min' between -0.1c and -0.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I recorded one of -0.8C in November, although the sensor in the front garden (more open) showed 1.1C on the same night, so I can say yes and no.

The minimum temperature since then was last night at +0.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Down to -1.1c last night.. 3 air frost so far this winter.. tonight might see another one, depending on when the cloud moves on

Posted

Still NO air frosts here in Cheshire.

The last 3 nights minimums as follows:

0.0C, 0.1C, 0.6C. All occurred before midnight. 0.0C was recorded at 4:01pm, it then incurred a steady rise. :(

You can imagine how frustrating that is...

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

5 airfrosts here so far this December, this morning was the coldest as it got down to -3.2C in the early hours before the temperature steadily rose thereafter.

Posted

The mild spell started today, and I have still not had an airfrost.

This is starting to become annoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ive had quite a few frosts, 9 sub zero minimums this Dec, backtrack, would rather be in your position, ive had no lying snow