Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fao Mr Data

Bolton67

Posted

The day of the Zeebrugge disaster can you find charts for that day? due to the fact we had 6 inches of snow that day in Bolton, but the lot had thawed by about 2pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The day of the Zeebrugge disaster can you find charts for that day? due to the fact we had 6 inches of snow that day in Bolton, but the lot had thawed by about 2pm.

not mr D but wasnt it http://wetterzentral...00119870306.gif, dosent look snowy, although does look like an east v west battle, but uppers near 0C to +5C in the SW

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

not mr D but wasnt it http://wetterzentral...00119870306.gif, dosent look snowy, although does look like an east v west battle, but uppers near 0C to +5C in the SW

That morning was very snowy mate.. like i said the afternoon was a different season.

Mr Data lived only 10 miles down the road that day from me, maybe he will remember it.

Posted

Yes I remember it but I think it was the day after, it was a Saturday. We had frontal snow on the Wednesday that melted in the afternoon. The Zeebrugge tragedy was the Friday night and the forecast was for snow in the west, the next day. We had some snow in the morning but it was in the afternoon that the snow set in and it stuck. I remember making a snowman and I think it snowed the rest of the night. Next morning it started melting and it was a sunny afternoon with the snow melting.

Edited by Mr_Data