Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I'll copy my post from the last thread as I was naughty and posted it after we were told to move here :)

Really someone give this radar a kick up the butt, it's totally wrong from where i'm sitting.

Still sleety here. Just not understanding the setup. It's almost cleared south wales?

Thats true but the midlands is somewhat of a stalling point. It heads northeast, stops, then starts moving south east. So effectively it'll last atleast 2x as long over us I think.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Anyone up Lickey Hills fancy letting me stay the night so I can see snow? :rofl:

That is a VERY good place to be tonight, over 250m high, slap bang in the highest snow risk zone and I wouldn't be surprised to hear reports of 10cm up there by tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It has turned to sleet here now too, can see ice in the drops on my conservatory roof.

Posted

Turbot Bank Buoy getting a little over excited there!

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

I reckon we'll have 2 or 3 hours of this rain/sleety mix before any real change occurs. Turning into a properly wet night though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

all quiet here at the mo...There is ppn nearby (well, showing on radar) but actual conditions are dry....Hoping the wrap-a-round over north Wales will feature here later on in the night, as I feel the bulk of the ppn in the South & SW mIdlands will not reach here...(I'm about 20 miles NW of brum)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

It has turned to sleet here now too, can see ice in the drops on my conservatory roof.

Close to your location and it keeps raining then sleeting then raining etc...

Posted

Dew up from 0.6c to 0.8c, if this goes wrong now at the last minute this'll be me in the morning to my PC screen...

Fingers crossed for you hun! :) Cant be a repeat of last year, surely? xxx

Posted

Going to be a quiet night here in North Stoke..NO snowfest due here it seems so good luck to those of you that are south of me.

Unfortunate for us lot in north staffs! However met office still giving us snow for tmrw morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

just went out for a smoke and put the cat out and its raining quite hard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Never thought i'd say this but i'd actually be happy with rain right now. :aggressive:

Posted

Will try to remember to post in the morning. Still moderate snow, looks good shining a light out of the window. Without the light, you might think it was rain what with the sound of the water going throught the gutters. But the flakes are gradually sticking more and more so you could say it looks like a "dusting" overall now. Probably not far off a "covering"

Posted

Unfortunate for us lot in north staffs! However met office still giving us snow for tmrw morning

Yes i noticed that but cant see it happenin really unless it has a major jump to the north,will have to wait untill possibly sunday when we may have our turn.

Posted

Will try to remember to post in the morning. Still moderate snow, looks good shining a light out of the window. Without the light, you might think it was rain what with the sound of the water going throught the gutters. But the flakes are gradually sticking more and more so you could say it looks like a "dusting" overall now. Probably not far off a "covering"

Great stuff...the urban areas of Birmingham and Black Country know there's no chance if you guys up there can't get snow...so at least we have that box ticked so far tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

all quiet here at the mo...There is ppn nearby (well, showing on radar) but actual conditions are dry....Hoping the wrap-a-round over north Wales will feature here later on in the night, as I feel the bulk of the ppn in the South & SW mIdlands will not reach here...(I'm about 20 miles NW of brum)

The Precip here is still slowly moving North. Of course there is that feature in NW Wales too plus the gap between the two is filling nicely.

Definitely some sleety element here now. :)