Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes, an absolute stunner of a day....Off to pick yet more christmas shopping this afternoon, couldn't have picked a better day for it :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think today's vile! It's supposed to be the middle of December!!

Posted

Same everytime...we moan and groan at this time of year when a mild spell is due...and then we realise that it's actually quite nice if the sun comes out!

Very pleased to see people out there making the most of it. The weather isn't festive but the atmosphere is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I think today's vile! It's supposed to be the middle of December!!

At least I'm not alone in hating this type of weather

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Talking of which...what am I doing in here talking to you lot about it?

Time for me and the dogger to get out there and enjoy it! (Once I've woken him up!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes Gord, what a stunning day here. It could easily be early Spring with this weather! Temperature at 13c and not one cloud in the sky. This I certainly dont mind at Christmas. :)

Posted

You hate calm, sunny, weather? Strange person.

Strange for having a personal preference? If it was April I would be fine with it, but it's the middle of winter. I like seasonal weather.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

I quite like the fact that we are getting two completly different xmas' in a row. Reminds us what a diverse climate we live in.

I think mild weather doesn't seem right at this time of year...but last years weather was unusual too. This mild spell is as significant as last year's cold spell in terms of the departure from normal...the difference is the type of weather is produces and that's what makes a cold spell seem more special.

I can see December 2010 and December 2011 charts being put side by side as a reference point during future Christmas'.

It's clouded over now..I only really enjoy winter mild spells if the sun is out..if it's cloudy or dull then I get fed up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

You hate calm, sunny, weather? Strange person.

Actually, yes, I do - I have little desire for sunny weather and would happily settle for a repeat of summer 2007 over 2006 when the time comes - must be a vampire eh?

Posted

Actually, yes, I do - I have little desire for sunny weather and would happily settle for a repeat of summer 2007 over 2006 when the time comes - must be a vampire eh?

Sadly, not conforming with the majority view on this forum can sometimes see you labelled as a freak! I fully agree with your preferences though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well, that's the bulk of the Christmas shopping done, thank goodness!...Very pleasant out there, feeling rather warm in the sun, very much springlike, which I don't mind, providing we also get decent cold, snowy snaps during the next dozen weeks or so..Anyhoos, strato-form cloud has rolled in during the afternoon taking the gloss off the day, still rather take today over the traditional December cloud, drizzle & wind any day of the week :)

Posted

Indeed, I prefer today to an average, grey not much going on day.

For my area, I actually prefer it to what we had last week. Those stinging rain showers on a northwesterly with temps around 5-6C was not nice. What made it worse was reading that we were 30-40 miles away from a good amount of snow!

If it continues like this...then maybe a prolonged mild spell wouldn't be too bad.

However, I support AJ's view that this is all well and good as long as we get some cold weather within the next 2 months!

Edited by Gord

Posted

ok, time for a new thread me thinks.....linky is here --------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72017-midlands-regional-discussion-part-4/

closing this one now..... :)