Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands, East Anglia and Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Festive greetings to all Midlands weather aficionados, the previous thread was starting to gather a few cobwebs and I hate cleaning, so it's time to quickly wipe the slate clean and start again, so here it is, shiny, new & squeaky clean, a thread to cover the Christmas period....Chat away to your hearts content! :smiliz19:

Previous thread here ------> http://forum.netweat...w/page__st__740

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

It was a stunning day wasn't it?

The evening had a really strange atmosphere to it didn't it? like a expectantcy? sort of like it knew it shouldn't be doing it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Spring day, but tomorrow horrid, maybe 2 dry hours around 1-3pm before cheshire gap invades, seems to always hit in the day, where as lucky Ireland look like having a dry day

Posted

There was a strange light first thing this morning too. The sky looked almost summery, the temperature was warm...but the sun was at it's winter low. Looked most odd. It's been strange like that all day.

I remember the light on the 30th September being strange as the sun set at 6pm after 27C heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The max' of 10.4c here today was the highest in December since the 19th in 2008 which recorded the same value. Went out on the bike for a couple of hours and it felt more like mid-March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

As others have said, really striking light conditions today. The mildness too, though in fact it was colder here today (max 12.4 °C) than yesterday's remarkable max of 14.0 °C. I can't say I'm too fond of great mildness in the middle of winter, though: let's leave that until late March, when the clocks have changed and there's a bit of light in the evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Firrst of all a verry happy christmas and a newyear to all my fello midlanders and every1 at net weather. And now the weather it self. Some how this mild weather doesn't fiel rite because it's the wrong time of the year. Mild and sunny weather should be from march to september, then again this is the grate british weather and if we didn't get wrong kind of weather at the wrong time of the year what would we talk about?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

oh well another mild winter in store for us methinks. awful summer followed by awful winter. Any bets on an awful spring?

Posted

Merry Christmas to all. Tbh, I'd rather a great day like today than dull, drizzly, damp days. If we can't have interesting weather, I'd rather have a winter like, was it 1995? I can't remember, but every day seemed to be sunny & dry, about 8c, with a slight frost most nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Although mild weather isn't unsuall in the Winter, yesterday, in particular, felt similar to a cool day during Summer. Amazing really, but felt really nice to be outside in (despite me enjoying the cold weather). :-O

Should the 'Sudden Stratosphere Warming' take enough effect (something I'm still learning mind you), then January could certainly deliver some very cold weather - as longs as the High and Low Pressure systems set up in the right place, for suitable blocking. As such ....there could be many changes heading our way. ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well here it is a new shiny and sparkly thread to cover the summer :oops: Christmas holidays so feel free to post away to your hearts content.

Link to the old one here

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/71845-3-counties-and-east-anglia-regional-discussion-thread/

Hopefully the next cold spell will give all of us some snow and a chance for those who missed out join in but this regional thread isn't just here to talk about snow, it's about all things weather and during quiet times like this a place to grab a festive drink make yourself comfy and relax and chat amongst friends……..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Now THIS is more like December weather!

Posted

Some decent rainfall here today for once, after such a bone dry year December has been rather on the wet side here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow, squall line just passed through here, delivered probably the most intense rain seen all year!!! A Good 5-10 minutes of torrential rain and gusty winds. Road turned into a river for a time! Radar doesnt do justice at all to how intense that was!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just got absolutely drenched in Stafford (more last minute, last minute shopping!)...totally horrible out there....Just a hint of interest from me as this rain band is passing through much slower than modelled and with colder air digging into the back edge of this front (and colder T850's aloft) there might well be a bit of something wintry later on this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

It was tipping it down in West Malvern about 10 minutes ago although doesn't sound as severe as what some of you are reporting. A pretty mild 8oC with a fair wind.

Posted

That was some intense squall line..brilliant stuff.

With that and the Springlike day yesterday....it's not too boring a mild spell so far!

Posted

This weather front is definately dragging its heels a lot more than I expected, down to 4.6c here now but rain easing off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Just had the front pass through, not a huge squall although it did blow more strongly, now the temp is down by 4 degrees to 4.3C

Posted

GFS does have something potentially wintery on the back edge briefly, but then it suddenly gets the hell out and into the low countries in a blink of an eye.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Netweather going for a 1% chance of snow for here. :D

Agree with others it has been an interesting day rain-wise. Nice to see a good invasion of heavy rain. Feels cool out their, too. :)

Posted

Drop of nearly 6C in 15 minutes, 11.2C down to 5.6C. Happy Christmas to all in the Midlands thread and better prospects for wintery weather in the new year. Been on my death bed for a few days despite the flu jab. Another christmas ruined.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I was on sleet watch for an hour or so during mid-afternoon as the temp' fell to 3.6c but didn't see any despite sitting in the car for some considerable time watching the wet windscreen.

I'm tentatively hopeful that some of the showers now over NW England will get this far and produce something a bit wintry.