Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

January CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Happy new year every1. Jan it's a hard1 to call. Taking everything acount with what we have had so far i'm going for 4.2. I hope i'm wrong.

Posted

4.1C for me please.

Edited by Koppite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

1.9C.

Mild(ish) start with infrequent incursions from the NW, followed by a month of prolonged Northerlies with milder interludes.

Overall, well below average, especially after mid-month. This month is one to watch. :winky:

FYI - Arjan, you've created 2 topics for this. :p

Revising slightly:

2.5C, cold arriving in the last 10-15 days.

Posted

I'll wait until later in the week before I give my projection. In my winter forecast I did say the core of winter cold this year would be reserved for the mid jan-mid feb period. I am sticking with these thoughts so in this respect I am not expecting a particularly mild month. Could be one or two decent northerlies before mid month as well....

Definately the mildest period of this winter is what we are experiencing now - typical it had to occur over the festive period.

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Well after after 3 lovely cracking cool/cold winters and all of them consecutively in a ROW as well all good things have to come to an end. It was all very good while it lasted... 8C :(

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

3.7c for me please.

Posted

Was going to wait but I've seen enough to plump for a chilly but not bone chilling 3.4 for Jan.

Mild start, turning average to the 10th, cold snap 13th-17th, milder, colder spell around the 21st, briefly mild again before BANG 'proper' cold last week of the month with ice days on the 30th and 31st to drag the mean under 3.5!

Posted

The current pattern appears well and truly 'locked-in' at least until the end of January. Therefore largely mild with occasional cold zonality... 4.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I'm going for a warmer first half of January and a colder second half, and a final CET of 3.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

5.3c. Another mild month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

My guess: 3.7*C

A possible mildish pattern to start with - High Pressure to the South perhaps being very stubborn to move at first. If it all goes to plan, I expect a lot of the energy to the North to transfer further, and further Southwards increasing the risk of some possible blocking to the North/North-West later in the month. Does look like some possible briefer cool/colder periods at times anyway, and probably enough to bring the CET for the month just below average.

Edited by Rainbow Snow