Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

I Had A Dream.

Rollo

Posted

I had a dream that on the 20 th of January a small low would run South East down the North sea and I had a dream that pressure would rise to the North East behind it. My dream continued as a bitterly cold airsteam behind the low brought widespread snow across the whole country and Blast from the past and the Eye in the sky were as happy as they could be,even Ian(even larger teapot was pleased). I had a dream that the snow got deeper and deeper and the country ground to a standstill and all power sources closed down-I had a dream that things had gone too far and woke up-anybody got any other dreams.

Posted

I had a dream that on the 20 th of January a small low would run South East down the North sea and I had a dream that pressure would rise to the North East behind it. My dream continued as a bitterly cold airsteam behind the low brought widespread snow across the whole country and Blast from the past and the Eye in the sky were as happy as they could be,even Ian(even larger teapot was pleased). I had a dream that the snow got deeper and deeper and the country ground to a standstill and all power sources closed down-I had a dream that things had gone too far and woke up-anybody got any other dreams.

Lets hope your dream becomes reality because the 20th Jan is my birthday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And I'd wake up to a good scene on the 21st, which is my Birthday too and also my 40th.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Before the winter of 1837/8, a man called Patrick Murphy predicted that it would turn cold in January and also singled out the 20th, saying this would be the stand-out day. As it turned out, January 1838 was very cold (-1.5C CET) and the 20th was the coldest day in the entire daily CET record (-11.9C).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I Had a dream that it snowed in September.. that dream actually seemed real, but i woke up and i t was green.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

That dream works for me, "Rollo" ... Aderyn, thanks for posting that about Murphy, I had seen the winter called Murphy's winter (by Mr_Data) and briefly wondered why but with Christmas and all, forgot to ask.

That winter is very interesting as an analogue because it was similar in eastern N America so far, and stayed mild there in January before turning very cold in February. That would suggest a retrograde signal if Europe went cold first. In fact January 1838 was 14 (F) deg warmer in Providence RI than February, the mid-day averages being 38 and 24.

It was also the most active "solar" year in about four decades, coming after the Dalton minimum had finally been extinguished.

I think we are closer to about 1814 in analogue terms to the Dalton, time will tell on that score. Once again, a pretty good analogue winter if you want to see severe cold developing soon. My reference to that being a solar analogue is based on this general trend, 1801-04 a long-duration moderate peak, a long period of quiet sun followed, a weak solar max in 1815-17, then another long period of rather low activity followed by a peak in 1829-30. That is all similar to what many expect from the Sun in the next few decades and what we've just seen in the past decade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I've found myself having dreams of that first proper warm day with sunshine.. usually have the dream about Feb but often April till it becomes real.

Also had a nightmare before where I go to sleep in mid April and wake in mid October!

Posted

"I had a dream" : Wasn't that a Martin Luther King phrase, and a song by Abba back in the 1980's? :smiliz19: Anyway... I did dream once, and quite a strange one this was I was caught in a thunderstorm coming home from school back in 1983 I think? Turns out that the thunder I was hearing in my sleep was in fact the real deal as a storm did occur overnight. I only found out when at school the very next day, a couple of friends said to me... "Did you hear that thunder last night?" I'd like to dream of deep Winter snow like in January 1982, February 1987 and early 1991 but probably more chance of me having this lady here in person...

post-8209-0-00955300-1324949358_thumb.jp

Ok lads, stop drooling. :acute:

Phil.

Posted

Actually, come to think of it I had a short nap yesterday and dreamt that I looked outside on Boxing Day and it was snowing moderately.

And they say Christmas is a time when dreams come true. Such luck!

Posted

I had a dream that on the 20 th of January a small low would run South East down the North sea and I had a dream that pressure would rise to the North East behind it.

Too much Baileys? :p