Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - January

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Mental night here, pulled an all nighter so far to watch the storm. Electricity went around 4am so no idea of any damage but gusting to over 90mph with sustained violent storm force 11

Edit: 105mph recorded at Malin Head! Full hurricane force sustained winds as well, crazy

Edited by Harps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

^Wow that's crazy!

I think it's easing off here a little now. Isn't there another low due to pass by later today?

Posted

On my way home from Ballymena and have had every type of weather possible!! Between Ballymena and Toome there was heavy hail and sleet then got past Toome and there was heavy hail and thunder and lightning! Now I've pulled in on the Glenshane and it's snowing heavy and settling!!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A belated happy new year to all,i hope weatherwise 2012 will be alot more interesting then 2011.

A very windy day here with rain at times. Temp 8.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Absolutely crazy here with wind and rain. Never expected much after the let down from the December storms here. Tuesday early hours was bad tonight has been as bad but quite possibly worse. I can hear bangs and stuff flying outside my window. Careful out.

Posted

I was out and about today and got absolutely soaked. Sideways rain and I was fighting not to get blown into the ditch when walking! Got home dripping wet about 4 hours ago and I'm still freezing lol :(.

Posted

Just had to go out and stop someones bin trundling up the road. Then went out into the conservatory to have a smoke and heard loud rumbling........the new kitten was taking a dump and made the loudest farts I've ever heard....I can't stop laughing, it was hilarious.

Posted

I'm getting video next time. At least I can't smell because my nose is still blocked.

Posted

Hahaha, brilliant! My friends took two stray kittens I had about my garden to their house. God but do they do smelly farts! Trust me, you're lucky to not to be able to smell it :p

Posted

I could swear I just heard a HUGE rumble of thunder that woke me up. No other explaination for that noise! :o

Just saw a flash of lightning so guess I was correct.

Edited by Juuyoku

Posted

I could swear I just heard a HUGE rumble of thunder that woke me up. No other explaination for that noise! :o

Just saw a flash of lightning so guess I was correct.

Sure it wasn't the cat? haha jk.

Good to know some lightning about, I'm just up and the wind is still howling away.

Posted

Haha might have been a bit too loud even for the cat's standards :p

Still really windy here as well with bursts of heavy showers at fairly regular intervals. Really dont want to head out in it but the school run beckons!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Still really bad here. Our wheelie bins are down the street and have emptied themselves everywhere :o

Posted

Had a wee giggle at that Watcher! Been a wild couple if days! Still no sign of any decent cold bout hopefully something will start showing for later in the month!