Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms - January Part 2

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Please carry on discussing the current storm affecting the UK and future developments which may be heading for our shores. :)

Another very windy period coming up during tomorrow afternoon, look how strong the jet stream is!

post-9615-0-74783600-1325608452_thumb.pn

post-9615-0-40709800-1325608456_thumb.pn

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

As just posted in the old thread, highest mean wind speed ever recorded at Malin Head last night, quite a storm!

http://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=143

Posted

As just posted in the old thread, highest mean wind speed ever recorded at Malin Head last night, quite a storm!

http://www.met.ie/ne...play.asp?ID=143

Unbelievable, I had just woken up and was having browse at how thing were currently looking, I clicked on XC Weather then saw Malin Head reporting a westerly mean speed of 77mph gusting 105mph, I nearly spat my tea out!

Very severe day.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

HOW????

The driver of a single decker bus in Witley, Surrey,

was badly injured

when an oak tree came crashing down on the vehicle. I can't see how?? He is very lucky to be alive!

article-2081141-0F540B3000000578-552_634x431.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Was quite windy but the highlight of the day for me was the hail storm about an hour ago.. haven't seen a hail storm like that for a long time.

Posted

A report of a tornado has been made on Meridian Tonight Facebook page in Sidlesham, West Sussex. That's near me but I can't confirm it at this time. Anyone local got any info?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

There really are some muppets out there, this one deserves a Darwin award! He should also be forced to pay the costs of the rescue imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...pshire-16396073

Edited by Purplepixii

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

http://www.london24....tness_1_1167561

Possible Tornado about 3 Miles North of where my Parents Live :search:

[A bus stop has also reportedly been blown over in Manford Way, while a trampoline has been swept out of a garden and into a public area of The Lowe.]

Wow just read that report....a trampoline is one thing but a bus stop blowing over !! I hope someone got that on video....." Bus Stop OMG Bus Stop"!!

Posted

That secondary circulation is now over Northern Ireland and Is clearly visible on rain today and XC weather. It seems to have quite a strong wind core.

Posted

That secondary circulation is now over Northern Ireland and Is clearly visible on rain today and XC weather. It seems to have quite a strong wind core.

Yes quite a potent feature, winds have increased again over Ireland with severe gales and gusts to around 55-70mph.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well the wind is really picking up again here, it had died down from this morning. I cant tell you what the wind speed is cause ive no way of measuring it, i just know theres some right nasty gusts now, i think its stronger than this morning. Im in leyland in the northwest, so whats the expected forecast for here, does anyone know?

Posted

Yes quite a potent feature, winds have increased again over Ireland with severe gales and gusts to around 55-70mph.

Check it out here Liam...

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Lancashire, Yorkshire and the north Mids In for a little surprise me thinks!

Posted

Check it out here Liam...

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Lancashire, Yorkshire and the north Mids In for a little surprise me thinks!

Oh dear, i live in barnsley, not from there though,my partner is Nd hes tnere at the moment, im stopping with parents and my son in lancashire, so both going to get a suprise battering then, you think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Just passed over me, big increase in wind with some heavy hail, winds going north westerly which I'm more exposed to than the SW so another rough night tonight by the looks of it

Posted

The small circulation is progged to lose intensity as it continues to track eastwards, still it'll increase the winds again but nothing to severe.

Posted

Taken from Weatheronlines updated forecast for tomorrow - Ermmmm.... :blink:

Wednesday Night

Even windier this evening and tonight as severe gales again develop across the country with wind gusts over 90mph in the west and 50-60mph inland. Spells of heavy rain push down across England and Wales but clears Scotland to showers, these wintry over high ground. Expect lows of 2 to 5C.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Funny old day breezy when I got up left for work at seven and hardly any wind at all at Sheffield University. Anyway just before nine a sudden series of gusts. Everyone then just opened up mywebsite too see what gust we got. Since then nothing special and the hail showers have been the talking point.

So peak gust 61 mph at 08:37

However plenty of action elsewhere and I'm now waiting for Wednesday night

Posted

Well the wind is really picking up again here, it had died down from this morning. I cant tell you what the wind speed is cause ive no way of measuring it, i just know theres some right nasty gusts now, i think its stronger than this morning. Im in leyland in the northwest, so whats the expected forecast for here, does anyone know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Rain came down very heavy around 9.00am in Birmingham. Got on train to head north and hit sunshine not long out of Birmingham and then saw some wonderful cumulonimbus with heavy showers on my travel to Durham. The train I was on was terminating at Newcastle as all trains were cancelled from Newcastle northwards.

Still very windy out there now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

There really are some muppets out there, this one deserves a Darwin award! He should also be forced to pay the costs of the rescue imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...pshire-16396073

OMG - being a big fan of Darwin Awards, as you say, he deserves a mention !! But yes totally agree, he should be forced to pay the costs. angel delight !! But daring albeit stupid !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Very windy here today especially this mourning with a top gust of 44mph recorded on my weather station which is the highest I have ever recorded yet.

We also had a very intense downpour around midday. Much quieter this evening though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Some very strong gusts today even though the mean wind speed exceeded gale force only for relatively short periods of time.

Apart from the gust of 86 mph this morning as the cold front moved through there were several between 65 and 70 mph during the late morning and one of 78 mph just after 1430 as a squally shower passed just to the south.