Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mobile Model Output Viewing

Andy_

Posted

This is a question aimed at Netweather, and please feel free to move this to the right section of the forum if it is inappropriate here...

I would like to suggest an easier way to view the model output on mobile, for example a smart phone with a touch screen.

It is very difficult at the moment to view the output, (taking the GFS for example) on a mobile, as the buttons are far too small to press, and the size of the image always seems to change, alternating between to small and big. I always end up having to go and switch on my laptop and view it on there instead which is an inconvenience.

A suggestion would be to make the model viewing in a similar layout and setup to the forum mobile structure. This could be achieved by using bigger buttons, and a fixated area for the images to appear, so that they are always the same size.

Many people prefer using their Smart Phones to Computers or Laptops nowadays, myself included even though i admire my Macbook. I think by doing this it would present a more user friendly experience.

Many Thanks,

Andrew :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I have to agree, it would be great if the charts were a bit more mobile friendly.

The Mobile version of the forum is great now and this really is the last piece of the puzzle for me :)

I often use my iphone in the evening when using the forum as it is more comfortable to use than firing up the lap top.

I appreciate if nothing can be done though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I use my smartfone (android) to view the models everyday, works great, even the animation. I'm using a 4.3in screen so maybe that helps me with the buttons etc. I'm guessing u have an iPhone, if so check this app: http://iphone.juliushonnor.com/weather/

Posted

I use my smartfone (android) to view the models everyday, works great, even the animation. I'm using a 4.3in screen so maybe that helps me with the buttons etc. I'm guessing u have an iPhone, if so check this app: http://iphone.julius...or.com/weather/

Yeah i do have an iPhone, thanks for the link mate this will be useful :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Making the site more mobile friendly is pretty high on the list of tasks right now, we will be putting some muscle behind it over the next few months to keep every visitor happy. The rate of mobile use when viewing the site is increasing every day, so it makes sense for us to keep on top of it if we can.

Posted

Making the site more mobile friendly is pretty high on the list of tasks right now, we will be putting some muscle behind it over the next few months to keep every visitor happy. The rate of mobile use when viewing the site is increasing every day, so it makes sense for us to keep on top of it if we can.

Good to hear! I appreciate the effort, and would like to let you all know that you've done a great job thus far since i joined in 2008 :)