Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Conditions 5th - 10th June 2004

highcliffe2

Posted

Clouds seemed to have cleared and it's getting very warm now with the sun out 8)

Posted

Awoke to cloudy skies and stuffy humidity. Apparently there were some large raindrops about 7am :shock:

Gradual clearance has led to a sunny afternoon. Can see clouds, seemingly cbish, to the north.

Temp is at 24c with a freshish westerly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
8) ..Hi Andy, has been very stuffy all day,but no sign of any storm activity.....yet :wink: Al.

Posted

hello

Well it got to 28.9C here in south Doncaster; the warmest day since 6th August last year, and the 3rd warmest day in over 2 years. Maybe summer is here. It was certainly on the sticky side walking in the Hope/Castleton area of Derbyshire today. Even got a few spots of rain as the walk finished but nothing here, mainly blue skies with just bits of Cumulus and Altocumulus Castellanus.

jh

Posted

its been hot and muggy here all day with heavy spots of rain coming from distant storms and it looks like theres a storm heading towards my are from the south west

Posted

are you sure it was nearly 29 c in doncaster because when i looked at at 1 o clock in leeds it was 24 c and in york it was only 18 c and york isnt that far from doncaster :?

Posted

To be fair, we are all amateurs, and there is always a fair few unreliable readings posted on the board every day. Not everybody has the ideal location to put their thermometer/sensor, and I very much doubt many sensors are even placed at the correct height or screened properly.

Today, I had a maximum of 23.9ºC from my weather station, which has the sensor set at the correct height of 4ft, and in a screen, also in good airflow. This is an accurate reading.

As an experiment, I put a thermometer on a shaded north facing spot in the garden, out of sunlight, and didn't bother measuring the height that it was situated..........I got 27ºC. Thats quite a difference.

Posted

mmmmm... not sure about 28.9C though :shock: They only forcasting 29 in the south on Tuesday and that's supposed to be the hottest day in this spell of hot weather.

Posted
well i just wondered how it could be 29c when even london only managed to get 2 about 25 c  :?   thats all

Well I just explained.

Its easy to over-read by several degrees if you haven't got ideal conditions.

Posted

Temperature falling away quickly here, already down to a nice cool 17.2ºC

Posted

According to metcheck they have thunderstorm warnings out now for east Midlands,Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and a couple of other places i cant remember 8)

Could we still get storms tonight :? :roll:

Feels VERY muggy and horrible i must say!!

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Warm and humid - wind has now dropped

Temp 15.5c

Humidity 68%

Beautiful peach coloured sunset tonight - very pretty 8)

Posted

hi to yl

i'll have to wait for the max values at the end of the month from two observing sites close by accepted by the met office. it does seem a touch high but the thermometer is in a well sheltered spot, not in a sceen mind you. it was calibrated alongside the values from finningley when that was open and was never more than 0.5C different. again i'll have to wait until finningley, or robin hood, doncaster, sheffield international airport opens for business next easert! not my name but peel holdings who own the airfield.

jh

Posted

Reached a high of 22C here today, the sunshine felt very strong. Its currently 15C and feeling very muggy.

Posted

Last night I said it didn't seem as muggy and humid as what other people said, well tonight I'm paying the price, because I've got my fan on full blast and i'm bloody hot!!! n' sticky!!!

...sleep could be in short supply tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Still 16c here......very sticky! :?

Posted
hi to yl

i'll have to wait for the max values at the end of the month from two observing sites close by accepted by the met office. it does seem a touch high but the thermometer is in a well sheltered spot, not in a sceen mind you. it was calibrated alongside the values from finningley when that was open and was never more than 0.5C different. again i'll have to wait until finningley, or robin hood, doncaster, sheffield international airport opens for business next easert!  not my name but peel holdings who own the airfield.

jh

John, you will find that if you put your thermometer (which sounds very accurate by the way) in a decent screen, it will make a big difference to the readings. Also, is your thermometer near a wall? Is it at a height of 4ft with good airflow? Even in shaded spots, having it 1ft too high or low, or being close to a source of radiated heat often leads to over-reading.

I remember you were thinking of buying a Vantage Pro? If you did proceed to buy one, you will find it comes with a shield for the sensor and gives excellent results.

Guest Phil_Uk

Brummieland at 00:00 on 7th June 2004.....

Current temperature : 17.8ºc :shock: (No sleep tonight then!)

Humidity : 77%

Pressure : 1017Mb.

Wind : 5Mph from the South.

Weather : Mostly cloudy and very humid.

Phil.

Posted

Report for Pollards Hill, Surrey at 12.00 Midnight for Sunday 6th June 2004.

Past 24 Hours Conditions:

Sunny Intervals

Max Temp: 25.6c (Hottest day of the year so far, beating the 25.2c recorded on 18th May)

Min Temp: 13.6c

Rainfall: Nil

Current Conditions: Clear

Current Temp: 16.9c

Current Humidity: 70%

Current Barometer Reading: 1020 Rising

June Max Temp Avg: 22.3 (Highest 25.6c on 6th)

June Min Temp Avg: 13.15 (Lowest 11.3c on 3rd)

June Mean: 17.72c

Highest 2004 Max Temp: 25.6c on 6th June

Lowest 2004 Min Temp: -3.4c on 27th February

Rainfall for June: 11mm (Highest 11mm on 1st June)

Rainfall for 2004: 270mm (Highest 14mm on 18th of April)

Posted

It was the hottest day of the year so far here too, with 23.9ºC (75.0F), respectable for North East England.

Temperature has dropped quicker during the evening than it did the previous day, down to 14.4ºC now.

Posted

hi PT

thanks for the info. its about 3.5 feet off the ground, sheltered by trees. Yep i'm still 'going' to get an asw but probably a Davis. got as far as concreting a post in the ground!! still trying to figure out how to get the anemo well above the top of the post but easily accessible! also still trying to unravel a web site. i'll get there eventually. in the meantime i'm moving the thermometers to another position to check. have to agree to have a screen makes a lot of difference, but never had problems before. it may be that next door chopping a large part of a leylandi scree down has caused the problem!

jh

Posted

It's already 19.0º here with a nice breeze and humidity of about 55%. Reached 22.4º here yesterday...the warmest day since September 17th. I'm great at parties...can you tell?