Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell - General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Cold spell ? What cold spell ?

Beautifully mild here today and quite sunny, almost like late April or early May.

Edited by Peter H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Beautifully mild here today and quite sunny, almost like late April or early May.

I just checked wunderground for your location today, and it says maxima of 10c? That's hardly springlike, and temperatures like that in late April / early May would be rather cooler than average, especially under clear skies.

Posted

I just checked wunderground for your location today, and it says maxima of 10c? That's hardly springlike, and temperatures like that in late April / early May would be rather cooler than average, especially under clear skies.

At least a third of the days in March are around 10C here. :)

Posted

At least a third of the days in March are around 10C here. :)

Yes but May? I don't think so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

We had a max of 8.7c here today , but believe me in the sun with no wind it felt a lot warmer(almost spring like)

Posted

Yes but May? I don't think so.

Ah, about half of April is like that, May not quite so much but I've seen some really cold early May's in recent years including a snow flurry at 6C!

Posted

Was the mildest February day so far for Paris with a warm 0.1c !!!!!!!!!!

But not to worry only Paris and its very urban center did a a no freeze day. All suburbs remained below zero and making it the 7th straight day of freezing temps during day!!!!

Tomorrow it is back in the freezer for daytime temps as no more than -3c to-5c.Of course during night freezer is on in full powe for 8 straight nights !!!!average for nights -7.3c for my part.

Edited by jean91

Posted

A very good cold spell here so far with 4 inches of snow last saturday night, and the day time temps have hardly got above freezing since then due to cloudy,misty and foggy comditions.It's currently around -3c and the temps are expected to be even lower in the coming nights, so the snow should stick around for a good while yet.Easily 3 inches left on the fields.

Posted

Coldest night for all the greater Paris area and i went below -10c ( just -10.1c !!!) for my location all without snow!!!!. Places with snow went to deep lows :

Theses are 0600 hours utc temps.Some lows may even be lower as 06h00 hours utc the sun was not out yet.

Tonight another cold night forecasted.

tempe07h-07-02-2012png.png

Posted

Coldest night for all the greater Paris area and i went below -10c ( just -10.1c !!!) for my location all without snow!!!!. Places with snow went to deep lows :

Theses are 0600 hours utc temps.Some lows may even be lower as 06h00 hours utc the sun was not out yet.

thanks for the updates nice to see people post whats happening from other countries. Ive noticed nobody seems to ever respond to your posts so thought id be the first, Keep us updated. maybe update us with more french related weather though eg the alps, anything that may come this way aswell would be of interest. :D How much snow do you have there at the moment?

Looks like its going to be bitter tonight, already some places down to -7C, so I'd have thought some places will go below -10C tonight.

I think it could be the coldest night of the year for somewhere in england tonight. -13 at a guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Looks like its going to be bitter tonight, already some places down to -7C, so I'd have thought some places will go below -10C tonight.

Temps and dew now slightly on the rise in East Anglia as the cloud begins to drift in off the north sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Sacre bleu! Tres tres froid pour Paris n'est ce pas

Edited by Candice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

post-12276-0-33873300-1328646882_thumb.g

Ice day for much of europe today, 12z and temperatures struggling to get past -10c. Heavy snow in SE Europe as well.

If only my french trips with my school were during February, not July! Would've been a beautiful day in Paris :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Still nothing for this part of the UK/Europe at least until Sunday.

Tempts of 9/10 expected by Thurs/Frid.

The Mild, snowless. frost free winter continues.

We did have a temporary frost yesterday evening. Wow.

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/71590-the-moaning-about-winter-thread/

Posted

I'm constantly amazed at the difference Peter between the mild west and the very cold E/SE, your min in the last few days is probably close to the max temps in a few locations in the far east...and thats pretty insane!!

My wonderfully cold, snowy, icy and Frosty Feb continues :p

Posted

Well, the most populated areas of the UK have had a very cold spell and here in W Scotland we've really been in a cold spell since January 26th other than the close to average temperatures at the weekend with temps often at 2-5C by day and 0C to -5C at night with a low -7C earlier this month plus lots of fog, frost, some brief snow here and lots of lying snow over many parts of England.

We are in a Cold Spell alright!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I wouldn't call it a very cold spell. I'm quite disappointed - the snowfall we got was great, just a shame it's now so patchy. But, I guess, with the near continent being so cold, I just feel cheated

Edited by Aaron

Posted

My wonderfully cold, snowy, icy and Frosty Feb continues :p

yep it's been a great cold spell so far, and looks set to continue for a while longer :good:

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

what a differance a few hundred miles makes. Max temp yesterday at my location was 9.6c,fell to 2.7c last night :wallbash:

Max today 7.1c

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Here in the north east we are in the middle. Some snow and ice on Saturday which was quite interesting, and a few air frosts, some quite substantial. A good cold February so far, generally surface cold rather than upper-air cold, which I'd expect to be prominent in later stages of Feb, with a dominance of blocking towards Greenland-Iceland. Svalbard is a very important location in the current scenario.

Right now it is currently -0.6c and I am accustomed to it really. -5c and below is of some importance, moderate frosts and temps around 2-4c by day are commonplace, despite being below average by a couple of degrees.

Posted

I wouldn't call it a very cold spell. I'm quite disappointed - the snowfall we got was great, just a shame it's now so patchy. But, I guess, with the near continent being so cold, I just feel cheated

I'd say for the SE it has been a very cold spell, for places further west I'd say it still has been cold, but last couple of days have been closer to average. For Ireland it sounds like the cold spell never really got going. Just the luck of the draw really.

The fact that the CET zone is sub zero and likely now to stay that way till at least the 10th, I'd argue that IS a very cold spell for at leas tthe CET zone, I don't think anyone can really debate that...