Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Just been outside to put some anti freeze in the cars and quite mild out there.any precipitation coming this way in the next few hours will fall as rain on the iow.unless the temp drops significantly through the night......nuff said

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

We've got a weather warning "for 1-2cm at most"? Good grief...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Have you NickL? Hmm yes meridian was very casual. Wintry shows sleet and snow so be caref on the drive to work. Seems now Wales is getting some decent white stuff. Have to say I think we will get more rain n sleet. Regards pb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I can confirm rss confirmation of light rain in christchurch. Boooooo to rain.

Posted

We have precipitation in shanklin........of the rain variety.....just too warm :--(

Posted

I'm going to wrap this up..... This week will be very very cold..hard frosts etc.....but not a flake of snow..mind you if the Atlantic does win out at the end of the week expect some snow turning to rain when the battle commences.thank you and good night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm going to wrap this up..... This week will be very very cold..hard frosts etc.....but not a flake of snow..mind you if the Atlantic does win out at the end of the week expect some snow turning to rain when the battle commences.thank you and good night

Sounds like a fair assumption to me too. :good: I would definitely stick to radar watching and lamp-post watching as and when you can and don't be too surprised if a freak wintry shower didcome your way. Maybe we'll get SNOW in the regions that aren't expecting much, however there will more than likely be a good covering on the downs by the end of the week. Please remember that nothing is nailed, almost even at close a range as t+48.

Interesting times to be had.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I can't see any of the "Day After Tomorrow" model runs coming off. But it does look cold.

For how long the cold lasts, how cold exactly it's going to be & if we will see any snow at all in this region are questions that cannot be answered at the moment.

My own personal take is that the cold will last around a week or so & inland areas of southern England could see temperatures as low as -8C/-10C, with the coastal strip no lower than -4C/-5C. And snow more than likely just flurries, unless we get a decent channel low.

Another fair analysis of the situation to my eyes but I think we will get SNOW in the usual places and may well get a surprise along the way. The COLD to SEVERE COLD will be the main event at this stage!

Interesting times ahead.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

The precipitation is now knocking on our door, lets hope it does not go too far EAST.

post-7183-0-79489800-1327869258_thumb.pn

Currently 1.6c AT, 0,7c DP, 1028.3hpa steady.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I just find it amazing to be honest. We have hardly begun this cold spell and already it's being binned?? Haven't we learned anything the past few weeks? I certainly didn't expect even a risk of cold with how Winter has played out so far. We should play one day at a time at this stage, and look out the window. Not hanging on to one chart run at a time.

So what are we looking at here? Very cold days ahead. That is certain. Is there a chance of Snow? Sure there is, there is always a chance. Even if we don't get Snow, we are going to have some lovely cold, crisp days. Better than the mild muck of late. We should be used to marginal non Snow events here by now. :fool:

Posted

Sounds like a fair assumption to me too. :good: I would definitely stick to radar watching and lamp-post watching as and when you can and don't be too surprised if a freak wintry shower didcome your way. Maybe we'll get SNOW in the regions that aren't expecting much, however there will more than likely be a good covering on the downs by the end of the week. Please remember that nothing is nailed, almost even at close a range as t+48.

Interesting times to be had.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

as long as its cold we have a chance.i would expect next weekend to be something to look at.but like u say it's best to take it day by day :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

The precipitation is now knocking on our door, lets hope it does not go too far EAST.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

hi gtltw,sorry to pop over on your thread lol,do you think any of that ppn will reach my way tonight or will it die out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It won't get too far east marie! Can't seeing it progressing into Berkshire & East Hampshire, could be wrong though!

Edited by Mark 'Ox' Neal

Posted

i dont expect ill see anything but it doesnt stop me looking out the bloody window every 2 mins lol as always im happy to sit and watch a 10 min flurry its more the falling snow i like than the lying snow ! fingers crossed though we might get a flurry or 2 before the nights out, feels a little colder out now than it did an hr or so ago but no way of telling (no thermometer) looking forward to the next model run ......... :ph34r:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

It won't get too far east marie! Can't seeing it progressing into Berkshire & East Hampshire, could be wrong though!

Thanks Mark :drinks:

Posted

Sudden rise in temperature here, was 1.4c now 2.7c and climbing rapidly. A noticeable Easterly breeze has appeared too, gusting to around 17mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

I didnt expect any sleet/snow here tonight but as can see from picture there is, what is that ribbon coming up from south east ? A M1 streamer ?

Posted

I have noticed some development with this warm front on its eastern side... It appears now that the front is really starting to interact with the advancing colder air, mixing with the warmer front and cause some intensification on that side.

It might just be a small area of intensification, but something that I will keep a close eye on.

Whether its Rain/Sleet or Snow, still appears to be the question and the old rule of elevation is key in this event!

SM