Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Don't know what it's like on the model thread here, but over on TWO its ramp heaven for us in the west.... If it verifies of course ;)

Posted

hehe , where abouts in Somerset are you from ?

Stay in here as we will be concentrating on the whole SW and your in my bingo region so your one of us lol

I live in Bridgwater now. Your Gala is the only decent bingo club near us. ;):D

Today is a beautiful sunny day here, winter days like this are fabulous aren't they.

Posted

Don't know what it's like on the model thread here, but over on TWO its ramp heaven for us in the west.... If it verifies of course ;)

Yes surely for gods sake with all them battles throughout the Week Somerset would see something ..

Posted

I live in Bridgwater now. Your Gala is the only decent bingo club near us. ;):D

Today is a beautiful sunny day here, winter days like this are fabulous aren't they.

Hehe was in Bridgwater on Tuesday go to the Mecca there sometimes and sometimes have a drink in the blake arms . If this plays out tomorrow , Bridgy may have a better chance of Snow tomorrow night than Weston as your quite a bit further inland and salty air wont be as much a problem. As for next week currently looks like we could get some crazy amounts ... but most Somerset people hate it and all they do is moan but I loveeeeee it lol .

Posted

Hehe was in Bridgwater on Tuesday go to the Mecca there sometimes and sometimes have a drink in the blake arms . If this plays out tomorrow , Bridgy may have a better chance of Snow tomorrow night than Weston as your quite a bit further inland and salty air wont be as much a problem. As for next week currently looks like we could get some crazy amounts ... but most Somerset people hate it and all they do is moan but I loveeeeee it lol .

The money is rubbish there.

Bridgwater rarely does well in any snow event, mainly because we are stuck in the middle of the Quantocks, Mendips etc and the snow just seems to fizzle away.

Not a big snow lover myself, I prefer the anticipation of it rather than the event itself, although could do with a couple of days off work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

Cheers snowmadchris and kevvo. SW thread it is!

Posted

The money is rubbish there.

Bridgwater rarely does well in any snow event, mainly because we are stuck in the middle of the Quantocks, Mendips etc and the snow just seems to fizzle away.

Not a big snow lover myself, I prefer the anticipation of it rather than the event itself, although could do with a couple of days off work.

Latest update from the Met Office isn't to promising for our area ,

A spell of rain of rain, sleet and hill snow is expected to move across the region during Sunday, lasting through Monday. Snow accumulations are expected to mainly affect higher ground although there is a lower chance of some snow down to lower levels on Monday across eastern parts of the region. Turning colder and more settled thereafter (from Tuesday) with an increasing likelihood of the temperature threshold being met.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think it is going to be a nowcast event to be honest and although higher areas may be more prone I wouldnt be surprised to get a few low lying areas reporting a dusting but it all depends on PPN intensity on the day itself.

Radars at the ready :w00t: (Few thatchers too)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

southwest is open again whoop whoop....... snow watch bring it on :)

Posted

I think it is going to be a nowcast event to be honest and although higher areas may be more prone I wouldnt be surprised to get a few low lying areas reporting a dusting but it all depends on PPN intensity on the day itself.

Radars at the ready :w00t: (Few thatchers too)

Yes I would recommend early nights tonight as tomorrow night could be a late one ... first person to capture a Snowflake wins lol.

Posted

And now they issue a snow warning which sounds better ... hard to keep on top of what the current thinking is lol

Rain pushing in from the west is expected turn to snow on the leading edge, with the potential for accumulations of several cm, especially on hills. For Wales and SW England the snow is expected to begin on Sunday, whilst further east it will begin on Monday morning. The public are advised to be aware of the potential for disruption to traffic. At this stage there remains considerable uncertainty in the eastern extent of any snow so please check for further updates.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

awww looking at that met office pic above, I miss out on the snow :( sob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So is it gonna snow or ain't it, seems even the experts aren't sure and with one model run being different from the last I urge people not to get hung up on every single chart they see.

This might be a case of looking outside late Sunday into Monday and see what's falling from the sky, we might be pleasantly surprised :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Hello again everyone, so nice to see the SW thread open again, it was easy to get lost in the Southern one!! Due to start again at the gym on 1st Feb after 3 months off, so had thought all along we might get snow, so I can't get there!! Wonder what my chances are! Hope to see plenty of the white stuff.

Happy 2012 everyone.

Posted

Latest update from the Met Office isn't to promising for our area ,

Mate you know it always rains in weston in these situations! Go 5-10 miles inland and its a different story. On many occasion I have left Yatton in the snow to arrive in weston in the rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Mate you know it always rains in weston in these situations! Go 5-10 miles inland and its a different story. On many occasion I have left Yatton in the snow to arrive in weston in the rain!

Sorry but that post is an absolute load of rubbish, having lived in Weston for 39 years I can recall many times with Weston getting snow in setups like what's being forecast.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Sorry but that post is an absolute load of rubbish, having lived in Weston for 39 years I can recall many times with Weston getting snow in setups like.

Calm yourself. Ok then, snow on grass and cars and wet on the roads and pavements. That more like it?