Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yes I am getting excited but I am still nervous with this type of setup! Id rather it was less marginal for west country!

If it does actualy arrive here your welcome to pop up for a drink in me local :drinks::friends:

Thanks mate but I'm working! Lol!

Which is why I need snow in Bristol and no where else, because I can't go no where else! Lol!

Have a pint for me in your snowfield! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

The latest T48 FAX chart as a slight shift westwards of the front on Monday!

However one thing that is bugging me is that the 528 DAM line is to the east of our region! I thought for snow chance, thickness has to be 528 or less?

with a feed off a cold continent its very possible to have snow to low levels, even sea level without the 528 line being over you.

Posted

Bridgwater

Ooh, sorry about that! Lol!

Posted

Lol already showers from the stalling front into Cornwall rather worrying or good ?? as the GFS doesn't have any PPN anywhere near the West country for the next 12 hours , If we get into a situation where the PPN beats the warm sector that would be great ... Worth mentioning as that is what the radar is currently showing and any early PPN that got in tonight would be snow

The Showers are non- existent as the radar says they are directly overhead of me and nothing here!! also worth taking note if the radar is slightly inacurate their position is how they are starting to move from north to south.

Posted

The latest Ecm Snowfall charts still showing Snow Sun/Mon over the SW , not quite as much Snow as this morning but still saying all Snow . I thought it would backtrack but it hasn't

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wow ECM is amazing so upto 168h

I don't think I have ever seen uppers that cold in my life! If that was to happen!? :hi:

Posted

I don't think I have ever seen uppers that cold in my life! If that was to happen!? :hi:

if that was to happen like that, it would bring the Arctic to our doorstep! Probably too cold really!

Probably going to be a outlier, but still, I would quite happily take a cold watered down version!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Ooh! What's the GFS pub run going to bring now then?! Can't wait! Upgrade please!

Edited as stupid auto spell check changed GFS to gas! Grrrr

Edited by khodds

Posted

Awesome ecm with some very low uppers over the uk, as for tomorrow & into monday, on the news24 forecast at 18:58 it's a non event except for the hills, perhaps sleet at times at low levels, that's a complete turn around to what was being shown early this morning with snow covering our region on their charts.

Posted

Awesome ecm with some very low uppers over the uk, as for tomorrow & into monday, on the news24 forecast at 18:58 it's a non event except for the hills, perhaps sleet at times at low levels, that's a complete turn around to what was being shown early this morning with snow covering our region on their charts.

Just remember that forecast wouldn't of took into account the 12z output though!

Not that I'm sure it would make a lot of difference!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just remember that forecast wouldn't of took into account the 12z output though!

Stay positive it could still happen! I want it to be widespread too as I am working in bristol monday!

Posted

Very true, am not sure whether that was a `live` forecast or a recording from earlier in the day plus it'll be interesting to see what the updated faxes show later, also the nae as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Cheers snowmadchris and kevvo. SW thread it is!

Hi ya dryjoy,

Welcome to netweather :D

Please could you pop your location in your profile so we know where you're at.

Thank you :)

Posted

Stay positive it could still happen! I want it to be widespread too as I am working in bristol monday!

You will probably be leaving a blizzard behind and entering drizzle then! And when you go home, you wouldn't be able to get there due to a 10ft snowdrifts blocking the A38 all the way around to Bristol Airport! Lol!

Posted

Very true, am not sure whether that was a `live` forecast or a recording from earlier in the day plus it'll be interesting to see what the updated faxes show later, also the nae as well.

The TV forecast won't have the 12z output in them yet, whether they are live or recorded as it takes time to translate model output into weather forecasts!

I think, but do correct me if I am wrong, that the first TV forecast with the 12z data is the one on the 10 'o' clock news!