Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Indeed!!

I`ve just watched the recently updated one online and its 50/50 again after the weekend showing alot of snow for yorkshire at the weekend then they have no idea at this stage which way its going wether staying cold and I qoute `more disruptive snowfall` or becoming milder!!

Posted

Interesting..

post-8968-0-38095700-1328035661_thumb.pnpost-8968-0-81045100-1328035664_thumb.pn

I seen that forecast as well and got excited but how true is it

on a % scale what would anyone say?

I would like to say 85% chance of it happening but until its a blizzard out there I wont believe it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

oooooh just got ever so giddy watching bbc forcast ...just hope it stays that way :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Oh goody more snizzle!

Oh goody more snizzle!

I seen that forecast as well and got excited but how true is it

on a % scale what would anyone say?

I would like to say 85% chance of it happening but until its a blizzard out there I wont believe it!

Forecasts that far out aren't detailed, the snow won't be that widespread..

Posted

Latest BBC forecast says a few cm's over the next few days from showers coming in from the east expected to push well inland

RAMP

Posted

Latest BBC forecast says a few cm's over the next few days from showers coming in from the east expected to push well inland

RAMP

How far inland? I love living in barnsley but its not the best place for SNOW lol we did well in 2010 but hope we can have a repeat

Posted

All the cloud is following the border of NE England and Yorks.. pfft,

Posted

I must say this easterly spell is turning out to be pretty grim. Overcast skies, temperatures of 1-3C by day and night, a bitter wind and mostly dry.

Not exactly what we all had in mind!

Posted

The thing we all wanted NOT to happen

Posted

I must say this easterly spell is turning out to be pretty grim. Overcast skies, temperatures of 1-3C by day and night, a bitter wind and mostly dry.

Not exactly what we all had in mind!

After another night with no frost, chilly and bright this morning.

Posted

Well the model's don't want to agree again! so looks like this snowy weekend is out again!! GRRRRRR oh well roll on summer! can't be doing with this changing daily malarkey lol will it wont it! JUST SNOW!!! how hard is it!! other countries have had freak snow storms that don't even get SNOW!! :80:

Posted

a few light flurries for our region tonight perhaps ( according to the latest BBC forecast ) .......and perhaps a few snow showers on Fri ...although they may be too far south for us to get excited.

Posted

Poor Look North just saying it looks like the mild air will win i guess he's not looked at the charts this hour!

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

Poor Look North just saying it looks like the mild air will win i guess he's not looked at the charts this hour!

He has consistently contradicted the other BBC forecasters stating the mild air will win. Its really quite annoying that he is going by what he thinks rather than the Met Office.

Anyway ECM goes for heavy snow from 6pm-3am, so 9 hours of continuous snowfall. Which is likely to stall across Yorkshire given the tendencies to push the front further west. If it stalls we would see well over 12 hours of snow!

post-8968-0-20849100-1328123285_thumb.pn

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

great upgrades for our region this evening .........expecting 'lewis' back at this rate

Lewis is Banned from forum. Reason Cannot be disclosed.

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

He has consistently contradicted the other BBC forecasters stating the mild air will win. Its really quite annoying that he is going by what he thinks rather than the Met Office.

Anyway ECM goes for heavy snow from 6pm-3am, so 9 hours of continuous snowfall. Which is likely to stall across Yorkshire given the tendencies to push the front further west. If it stalls we would see well over 12 hours of snow!

post-8968-0-20849100-1328123285_thumb.pn

Thanks for this!

In your opinion what area's of Yorkshire could do well out of this please?? thanks.

Posted

im not suprised ...after what he said to John Holmes last year ......and other things !

fantastic snow potential from the ECM tonight ......lets hope it upgrades further

Posted

Thanks for this!

In your opinion what area's of Yorkshire could do well out of this please?? thanks.

All areas would do well, we aren't talking about showers its one large band wider than Yorkshire. It all depends on where the precipitation stalls. So for example the current ECM has the front pushing all the way to the south east but by the time its reached London its pretty much died a death. So as I said earlier 9 hours of snowfall here which would equate to over 15cm. But if it stalls over Yorkshire like the trend is currently then we could see 12..15.. hours if not more. A foot of snow could fall, more likely over higher ground as is always the case with snowfall.

He was on this winter, went by a different name

Posted

im off to join confused.com, this morning it was all doom and gloom, watched look north and nothing inspired me in that forecast, then come on here and from the vibes on the model thread it seems things have improved slightly for some in the uk regarding snowfall this weekend, wife is due to go to gloustershire on saturday morning, will she get there????

Posted

Thank you very much for this info!! I am still learning the models and get a bit confused sometimes in the model threads so its nice to have a breakdown

1 more question sorry would say you once it gets to 24-48 hours before event its a certain? or could it change hours before?