Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted

What I want to know is who jinxed us all by going to tesco to buy a sledge and an extra loaf 'just in case'? Come on, own up :acute:

Sorry ignore that, just spotted some snow chains by the back door - it is my husbands fault - sorry everyone :sorry:

Posted

After tonight wintry mix another front approaches S Wales Tuesday night better luck with this frontpost-2826-0-12544300-1327865042_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi, where are you? I am in Pontyberem, I know there has been some snow in Tumble and Cross Hands.. Yet nothing here! Hopefully it's on its way!

What!!!

It's snowing here in Pontyates (may be wet Im not sure but definitely a winter scene with the sky filled full of flakes). Im not in my house but last i checked it was 1.1c

The house im currently in is approx 50m asl.

The cars have a slush layer on and up Cynheidre the pavements were turning white.

Much of the rain today has been drizzly, if it was heavier, evaporational cooling would come into play.

The process where the thawing of the snow into rain removes energy in this case heat from the atmosphere, lowering the temperature

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

What I want to know is who jinxed us all by going to tesco to buy a sledge and an extra loaf 'just in case'? Come on, own up :acute:

Sorry ignore that, just spotted some snow chains by the back door - it is my husbands fault - sorry everyone :sorry:

it was me sorry, last time they forecast snow (just before Christmas), I gave into temptation and bought a sledge for my little boy, as they had a big pallet Of them for £10 each in ASDA. I resisted the temptation to get a snow shovel as well, but I think the damage had already been done . . . . :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just a quick question, how come areas to the west of me are getting snow? yet being further east i expected snow being closer to the cold from the east? or have i just got it all wrong?

Posted

i just drove down from top ov the bwlch in my 4x4 and its looking good up there guys but to be honest,this event has not been what i thought it was going to be,i thought there was 15 to 20 cm in parts of wales. i would call myself as quite high and we have not had that much and the snow has now turned to a strange like snow sleet type of stuff. i notice on radar there is still a lot to come down but it does look like it is getting thinner and lighter in nature. what your thoughts guys? i have driven from top ov bwlch nearly 600m asl and looking good up there,down to ogmore vale 150m asl and nothing down there just rain and maybe sleet.

Posted

Just a quick question, how come areas to the west of me are getting snow? yet being further east i expected snow being closer to the cold from the east? or have i just got it all wrong?

Yeah. I expected you to see more wintryness before me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

What!!!

It's snowing here in Pontyates (may be wet Im not sure but definitely a winter scene with the sky filled full of flakes). Im not in my house but last i checked it was 1.1c

The house im currently in is approx 50m asl.

The cars have a slush layer on and up Cynheidre the pavements were turning white.

It seems like everywhere around me has snow now! Surely it can't be far off, or it isn't coming at all! A slight change, mix of sleet/wet snow falling now. Quite funny, just seen 2 cars drive past the house.. both with a dusting of snow on :D

To be honest though, are we all getting carried away? Rain is supposed to turn to snow overnight.. It isn't even 8pm and yet the majority of us (me included) are feeling downbeat.

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather

Posted

It seems like everywhere around me has snow now! Surely it can't be far off, or it isn't coming at all! A slight change, mix of sleet/wet snow falling now. Quite funny, just seen 2 cars drive past the house.. both with a dusting of snow on :D

To be honest though, are we all getting carried away? Rain is supposed to turn to snow overnight.. It isn't even 8pm and yet the majority of us (me included) are feeling downbeat.

I've seen pics of settling snow in Bancffosfelen uploaded to Facebook

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

There are reports that It's snowing and settling in Llangyfelach, 2 miles from (Swansea)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Check here for snow reports: http://uksnowmap.com/ There's a real mixture of rain and snow reports in Wales at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I've seen pics of settling snow in Bancffosfelen uploaded to Facebook

Oh dear, literally everywhere around me has snow.. Got to laugh! :D Since my last post it seems to just be wet snow now, hopefully this is the beginning now :)

As someone else said, I am also confused that places to the East are getting rain/sleet/nothing and some places further West near me are getting snow. Confusing!

Posted

It's actually turning back to sleet/rain up here now.Nothing on the roads and it's disappearing off the cars rapidly.

Tad disappointing so far to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Fair comment CW, but METO warning was for 3.30pm onwards, then NAE for 6pm onwards, and there seems to be patchy snow, sleet, rain, drizzle (mostly the latter three) and signs that the front is weakening on the radar as it moves further south and east(ish). Getting ready to throw the towel in personally.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Just went up to the Clase in Morriston and it was snowing and starting to stick pretty well to the roads, cars and grass. Although below this level there was next to nothing with just rain and sleet.

I took a picture sorry for the poor quality but its something:

post-7888-0-14603000-1327866932_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

These comments and pics of snow settling slightly are a good sign to be honese, here there is nothing but its sleeting...odd that Clase isnt too far away from here yet we have nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow causing disruption and chaos

ive give up on seeing snow nw,its been ramped up bt hasnt deliverd,thought id see some of the white stuff by now.the weather in blackwood is a pile of ****. do you reckon theres any chance of snow or shall i just go 2 bed now?

Posted

ive give up on seeing snow nw,its been ramped up bt hasnt deliverd,thought id see some of the white stuff by now.the weather in blackwood is a pile of ****. do you reckon theres any chance of snow or shall i just go 2 bed now?

Go to bed and get up at 3am