Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

the sum total of "snow " in Sneggy is approximately half a centimentre of slush on the cars. If only it had started as snow (as everywhere was dry this Morning ) and carried on as snow we'd have about 2 foot of the stuff by now. I guess it just wasn't cold enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

I'm in penlan Swansea and the snow is sticking on the cars and fences but not yet on the roads

im literally by penlan and nothing typical lol. I now hav a snow shield around my house :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Go to bed and get up at 3am

Do you genuinely think that there will be a semi-significant amount of snow overnight Shaun? We need some positive thoughts/posts for those of us who are feeling fed up with our current weather and outlook!!

Posted

These comments and pics of snow settling slightly are a good sign to be honese, here there is nothing but its sleeting...odd that Clase isnt too far away from here yet we have nothing

im not far either which makes it worse for me im gna cry now ;(

Posted

im literally by penlan and nothing typical lol. I now hav a snow shield around my house :(

There's only a slight dusting on the car and slushy deposits here and there, not quite the dumping we all wanted!

Edited by StorMark

Posted

ive give up on seeing snow nw,its been ramped up bt hasnt deliverd,thought id see some of the white stuff by now.the weather in blackwood is a pile of ****. do you reckon theres any chance of snow or shall i just go 2 bed now?

Go to bed mate.Looking at the radar the front is dying out and if I'm struggling at my height then I think we're all in trouble.

Posted

Do you genuinely think that there will be a semi-significant amount of snow overnight Shaun? We need some positive thoughts/posts for those of us who are feeling fed up with our current weather and outlook!!

Im no expert but surely things could improve later on... it all seems so weird though.. some areas with rain others sleet and some with settling snow on lower levels than others etc. so strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I'm about 5 minutes from blackwood, although higher, and the sleet seems to be turning into a more powdery snow like substance. Fingers crossed for snow. :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Okay...and now it's back to sleet. Hmpf!

Posted

Im no expert but surely things could improve later on... it all seems so weird though.. some areas with rain others sleet and some with settling snow on lower levels than others etc. so strange.

Agree. Very strange. As you say, things COULD get better overnight, but......

I'd be gutted if I set my alarm for 3am, only to look out of the window to see more light drizzle. I agree with Ryan mac - Cardiff's weather is **** (and the **** does not spell SNOW, although it does start with "S")

Posted

Just finished a gritting shift for commercial premises along the M4 corridor (Briton Ferry - Newport) - Rain Rain and More Rain. Companies wanted a grit just in case of the worst case scenario.......better to be safe than sorry!!

Looking cold from Wednesday thou!!! Happy Days :yahoo: get rid of the 100 tonne of salt i got !

Posted

If people at 1000ft asl are strugling then i do give up. When is our next chance then because the countryfile forecast was dry and cold and im hearing the block is breaking down next weekend? Someone please tell me we will have another chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Well it was looking promising, wet snow has turned back into sleet or possibly rain. Strange, nevermind. Anything will be a bonus now I suppose! (Pontyberem)

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

guys you are lucky you have anything. Here in the east midlands we have nothing.... as usual. I must be cursed, since moving from wales 20 years ago, you seem to be quite lucky with snowfalls to some degree. when i lived there, we had hardly anything. Don't get dispondent if it is wet ground. That happened here once and the snow started when it had been raining and the ground was soaking wet, but after an hour or so, the snow did start to settle and we ended up quite a few inches of lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

still sleeting/light snow, nothing sticking. Ground is too wet. Exactly the same thing happened just before Christmas (when I bought the cursed sledge lol ), MET gave an amber warning, rained all day, turned to snow in the evening, snowed all night but not a single flake settled (except on the hills around the valley ). I guess this is because the Atlantic Is just too strong ? Being a weather newbie I'm still trying to get my head around it all . . .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

typical how we have been prepared this winter with all the gritting stock and basically it hasn't been needed. Thank god we didn't invest in snowploughs and stuff like that as lots of people were suggesting we should during last winter. Britain is basically a snowless country and will never have prolonged severe cold and snow.

Posted

still sleeting/light snow, nothing sticking. Ground is too wet. Exactly the same thing happened just before Christmas (when I bought the cursed sledge lol ), MET gave an amber warning, rained all day, turned to snow in the evening, snowed all night but not a single flake settled (except on the hills around the valley ). I guess this is because the Atlantic Is just too strong ? Being a weather newbie I'm still trying to get my head around it all . . .

Pethau od yn digwydd o hyd! Sa i'n credu bod neb wir yn gwybod beth sy'n mynd i ddigwydd yn 100%. Mae heddiw/heno yn enghraifft berffaith o hynny - rhybuddio rhag ofn, a rhai yn gweld rhywfaint o eira ac eraill dim byd.

Strange things happen! I don't think anyone can 100% predict what will happen with snow. Today/tonight is a good example.

Posted

If people at 1000ft asl are strugling then i do give up. When is our next chance then because the countryfile forecast was dry and cold and im hearing the block is breaking down next weekend? Someone please tell me we will have another chance?

post-2826-0-12544300-1327865042_thumb.jpg

Tuesday night Gavla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

typical how we have been prepared this winter with all the gritting stock and basically it hasn't been needed. Thank god we didn't invest in snowploughs and stuff like that as lots of people were suggesting we should during last winter. Britain is basically a snowless country and will never have prolonged severe cold and snow.

Britain can be a very snowy country in the right coditions, and just because of one bad winter it doesn't mean we won't get severe, prolonged cold and snow! You wouldn't have said that back in dec 2010 would you? Britain will always go through periods where some winters will be very good for cold and snow, others like this winter will be quite poor, its the nature of british weather! :)

Anyway now 2.2C and finally some proper sleet! Though the temp will need to drop another half degree or so before i have any chance of snow, which is not likely before the band dies out!