Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Pethau od yn digwydd o hyd! Sa i'n credu bod neb wir yn gwybod beth sy'n mynd i ddigwydd yn 100%. Mae heddiw/heno yn enghraifft berffaith o hynny - rhybuddio rhag ofn, a rhai yn gweld rhywfaint o eira ac eraill dim byd.

Strange things happen! I don't think anyone can 100% predict what will happen with snow. Today/tonight is a good example.

yn wir ! Mae'n anodd i deall weithiau. Dwi'n cofio Rhagfyr 2010. Roedd y tywydd yn ardderchog !!

Indeed. Its hard to understand sometimes. I'm just remembering December 2010. Fantastic weather !! I'm guessing everything was just perfect at that point In time . . .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Still snow/sleeting in Brynhoffnant, now covered the garden and the car, turning slushy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

This is weathermaster's snow map for tomorrow from the Cold Spell - Discussion Thread.

It shows the chance for snow in the South of Wales.

post-6686-0-83929900-1327866718_thumb.png

Did your mate get some new crayons for Xmas?!?!?!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

post-2826-0-12544300-1327865042_thumb.jpg

Tuesday night Gavla

what does that mean cant really understand that lol. Is there a better chance than tonight and what amounts are predicted?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

yes I know the UK can have cold and snowy spells, but they are something that are few and far between you have to agree. We can go 10 - 15 years between 'decent' snow events happening. That is far too long in my books. Wish I could emigrate to canada or the US

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Someone remind me to never ever go into the model thread again! one minute they're jumping up and down, the next minute it's all over! mental :help:

Temperature is rising here slightly :80:

Edited by Scarlet_Snow

Posted

what does that mean cant really understand that lol. Is there a better chance than tonight and what amounts are predicted?

Further precipitation Tuesday night possible with colder air already in place snow is possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Thats just the nature of our weather, always has been i suppose! We sometimes go through periods of maybe a decade or 2 of more frequent cold and snowy winters, which i believe we will do again at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Someone remind me to never ever go into the model thread again! one minute they're jumping up and down, the next minute it's all over! mental :help:

lol yes, things can be very confusing and conflicting in there. The main problem sometimes is despite how many times it is said, they seem to take just about every run at face value, instead of looking for trends like the more experienced members do! Im not going to worry too much that this run is not as good, considering the last 2-3days has had many runs that have showed good potential for this week into the weekend for cold and maybe snow! Best to wait and see what trend may continue tomorrow i suppose!

Now 2.1C, fastest the temp has gone down for a few hours now, hope it continues and the sleet turns more to snow, though that may be hoping for too much!

Posted

i know what you mean with the models. Not sure why people bother with them if they change from one day to the next. may as well just stick your head out of the window and see what is actually happening rather than rely on inaccurate models which can't make up their mind.

Posted

Looking at the radar the precipitation seems to be fragmenting a fair bit

Yes, the UK wide radar seems to suggest the front is slowly decaying in situ. Still enough on it for some snow if conditions are favourable but from the forecasts I've seen the best chance for anything significant may now be over. With the models as they are though, there's still all to play for over the next couple of weeks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

How much ppn is forecast for tue then? Because i onestly give up either snow or not at all literally been waiting all day for nothing. It now seems that something has gone horribly wrong today as i also poked my head in the model thread and its doom and gloom with cross model agreement its all over at +144?

Posted

If people at 1000ft asl are strugling then i do give up. When is our next chance then because the countryfile forecast was dry and cold and im hearing the block is breaking down next weekend? Someone please tell me we will have another chance?

yes it does sound as if this week will be cold,but not as cold as first thought and then i have also read that the cold will lose out to our normal fab wet and windy weather lol

Posted

It's finally turning properly to snow here, though whether it'll last or just turn back to sleet is another matter. Derek the weather man seems sure that rain will turn to snow as the night carries on.

But I swear, after the twists and turns of today I'm just going to poo-poo the next forecast of snow. "It's only weather, nothing to get excited about, it probably won't even happen, etc etc etc".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

yes it does sound as if this week will be cold,but not as cold as first thought and then i have also read that the cold will lose out to our normal fab wet and windy weather lol

The real cold hasn't even reached your neck of the woods and if Grimbsy Snow Lovers post in the snow reports section is correct he has just seen Sleet/Snow at 16m ASL on the east coast! so i think the cold air is just starting to dig in now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

snowing here now! best it's looked all evening! :clapping:

Posted

this winter is rapidly turning out to be a no goer in terms of cold and snow. Yes we still have a month of winter left but the more the weeks progress the less likely we are to have any snow (or at least snow that lasts). Must be one of themost boring and mildest winters for quite a number of years. What a waste. now if we could get as much snow as we do gales and rain....!

Posted

How much ppn is forecast for tue then? Because i onestly give up either snow or not at all literally been waiting all day for nothing. It now seems that something has gone horribly wrong today as i also poked my head in the model thread and its doom and gloom with cross model agreement its all over at +144?

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Tues, I don't think there'll be much if any ppn around. Best chance would look to be next weekend or after, from either a battleground set-up or an undercutting Low. The models haven't yet agreed on the final outcome - and although it's looking less likely than yesterday, they are changing on a daily basis so I wouldn't give up yet, it's too far out in an uncertain set-up.

Posted

Well its now 2.0C here and there are finally snow flakes in the sleet, seems to be turning more and more into sleety snow now!

Posted

Still getting light sleety rain/snow at the moment -the temperature outside seems to be stuck at 2.4 degrees for hours now

These comments and pics of snow settling slightly are a good sign to be honese, here there is nothing but its sleeting...odd that Clase isnt too far away from here yet we have nothing

There has be no sticking here today at all, despite snow at times, the rain and sleet at other times probably didn't help mind

According to reports this is very localised.

Posted

Still getting light sleety rain/snow at the moment -the temperature outside seems to be stuck at 2.4 degrees for hours now

I had that before and now its dropping much quicker, 1.9C and more snow than sleet here now, finally :D