Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Down to -1.5c under a stunning clear sky. Lovely day with wall to wall sunshine.

Had a drive over to Hartside Pass today, heres a few pictures taken about 2pm and the temp was -1.0c with a severe windchill. Some of them are a bit rubbish as I was driving and there wasn't many places to pull over because of ice and frozen snow.

post-9615-0-75729100-1328120484_thumb.jp post-9615-0-54406700-1328120516_thumb.jp post-9615-0-30889000-1328120548_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-45792400-1328120583_thumb.jp post-9615-0-90553700-1328120648_thumb.jp post-9615-0-76160300-1328120682_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-03003400-1328120720_thumb.jp post-9615-0-96850000-1328120936_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

What's the latest modelling for weekend showing? Battleground still? People saying upgrades, but not sure if that's UK wide, or just a tiny part in the south east :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Now the ecm i do see the upgrade, uppers low enough for Snow at the weekend.

Big upgrade for our region.

Posted

Steve Murr said this in the model thread:

A stunning ECM-

People in the NW & Central areas- the westerly push could be so promenent that the SE & E miss out all together from the front & you guys get it ( a'la 1996)

That's encouraging for us I think, wow. Get the ploughs out!!!!!!

Posted

Still looking like snow to rain for those of us West of the M6. But a big move from both the uk met and the ecm, who knows, another change tomorrow and we could be in for a repeat of feb 1996. Would need similar upgrades tomorrow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

If we can get the cold a bit further west we all could be in business, and that would be great fun for Saturday in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

EPIC ECM.

Snow shovels at the ready. This is going to be a big one. I promise. :winky:

Posted

EPIC ECM.

You better be! Or I am coming to find you lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Depending on which runs you believe (2x 12x ecm have upgraded things now) then a lot of us could be in for an absolute shed load of snow over most of Saturday and more so for those inland towards the south west pennines. Its a matter of if the ECM verifies over the others keeping the cold air over us out to next Wednesday.

Forget the shovels.. you'll be need a JCB to dig yourselves out of this one :p

Edited by Snow Time 79

Posted

You better be! Or I am coming to find you lol

I won't break a promise.

I can almost promise a February 1991 repeat..

Posted

Depending on which runs you believe (2x 12x ecm have upgraded things now) then a lot of us could be in for an absolute shed load of snow over most of Saturday and more so for those inland towards the south west pennines. Its a matter of if the ECM verifies over the others keeping the cold air over us out to next Wednesday.

I tend to agree. Caution still needed. Inland and closer to the pennies looks like a good bet for snow. We need another upgrade tomorrow, but the way things have gone today I would not bet against it happening.

Posted

It's fingers crossed time now, the models are all over the place at the moment, hopefully this time tomorrow it will be a bit clearer what's gonna happen over the weekend, as it stands FL is +24 at the moment. Looks as tho my drive from Wiltshire to Worsley will be a bit chilly tomorrow night, hopefully back in time to sort the snow shovel out for Saturday morning!!!

Posted

Well hopefully we will finally get some of that glorious white stuff! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

ECM is glorius for cold till friday next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Weekend snow wiil it wont it?it is painfull,but quite exciting watching this unfold

if this front was aprroaching from the SW we would be game but because it approching from the NW

it makes it more of a problem,however my take on this weekend after looking at all the models and

all the details is for a snow event for our region,i have dismissed the GFS for the last 24hrs imo it ito

progresive in bringing the atlantic crashing through bearing in mind we have a huge RH blocking system

i do honestly think at this stage we could be looking at snow for the whole event with the milder air only

catching up after the event,i could be totally wrong the way i have read all the data today,and we could end up with

a freezing rain event,but hey if the profesional,s at the meto dont know,what chance have i lol

C.S

Just seen the ECM and i feel like an almighty ramp......but i will resist how many times have we been

kicked in the nuts at the last minute,but ATM my view is as above

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well hopefully we will finally get some a mountain of that glorious white stuff! :-)

Fixed that for you :D

Posted

Expecting front to stall over Midlands/N.England. Snow throughout perhaps over 15 hours of snowfall.

ECM has 9 hours of snowfall a touch further east across Yorkshire however the trend with each run is for the block to win so instead it stalls across our area instead of dying out before it reaches the south east.

post-8968-0-78089200-1328123853_thumb.pn

Posted

has anyone got a link to the ECM ppn charts

cheers

C.S

Posted

I am going to have to stop reading the model thread as the south east bias is driving me potty.

And when i posted a genuine question regarding the 12z asking people to explain why it is an upgrade (what am i missing) when the lowest upper is 0 by 9pm on Saturday it gets moved to the model banter thread where nobody answers.

Annoyed

they have all got imby syndrome lol it gets my goat as well

Posted

Posted

EPIC ECM.

Its a very complex situation currently, but there is a chance for snow saturday morning, either overnight or by early morning, if and I repeat this with caution as my friend said..if we do get frontal snow...then it will be situation where it will indeed be the motherload and it could be very significant amounts, but as I reiterate caution is the key word here.

After saturday temperatures are likely to rise to around 5/7C throughout the south of the region for a couple more days before we see them once again dip down to around 4/5C and overnight frosts could once again cause havoc..but thats a long way off and i'd agree about FI being only +24 hours..However from what ive seen of the GFS it has been stubbonly showing that LP come crashing right through the cold...bare in mind, this is hardly a strong easterly blocking..infact from the west's point of view certainly its pretty tame as things go.

Currently temp is at 0.3C, with a dew point of -5.8C, zero cloud cover, and the wind as completely diminished here, allowing my temperature to drop quite a lot in the past 30 minutes.

Posted

15 hours of snow fall :o

I need find tape measure to be prepared, lol.

Posted

Yah

http://www.wundergro...i=0&ls=0&rad2=0

Select ECM as your model on the side, and the chart you want to view. :)

cheers mate

C.S