Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I am in prime position for that but i am not feeling it for tonight.

sorry mate just gave you false hope was looking at last night NAE......DOH :acute:

C.S

Posted

ECM looking great for our region tonight, for saturday and sunday. Hope its correct as I've got a weeks holiday booked from friday so will have plenty of time to enjoy it.

I wouldn't worry too much about the GFS at the moment, the UKMO is showing quite alot of support for the ECM so im thinking the GFS is having one of its customary moments where its on a different planet.

Temperature dropping like a stone here again tonight, but looking out you wouldn't think its cold out there, as theres no visible frost at all with the air being that dry...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Yes as Martin said not too sure about a frost tonight as the air is so dry. Car hasn't got any frost on so far.

Posted

I don't know what to think anymore I come in this thread and People are excited over the prospect of snow and maybe a dumping to say the least. Then you go to the model thread and they say plain old rain confused.com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

I don't know what to think anymore I come in this thread and People are excited over the prospect of snow and maybe a dumping to say the least. Then you go to the model thread and they say plain old rain confused.com

Model thread has a SE bias.

Posted

I shan't get too carried away just yet, for snow possibilities this coming weekend. None of the models have covered themselves with glory over the last few weeks, and yesterday I envisaged Saturdays warm front too stall out to the West of us, now I can't decide whether it will stall or clear the SE come Monday. Maybe come Friday we should have some clarity over just where the main action for snow will be. Until then no point in getting excited one minute, only to find oneself deflated the next.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Thunder, here's the band of ppn penetrating the country on Saturday evening (very heavy for most) :

gfs-2012020112-2-72.png?12

Now here are the upper temps according to the ECM which the UKMO kind of backs:

ECM0-72.GIF?01-0 (-5 to -8's)

Uppers are more than suitable for that ppn to start off as snow for most if not all of us away from the immediate coast line. If the ECM verified with the cold uppers remaining out to the foreseeable then the ppn would STAY as snow throughout.

All depends on whether the ECM & UKMO 12z's are right or not.

Most Certainly will start off as snow either way.

Posted

getting sick of it now one of the mods should comment on it if we did it we would have our post deleted

I just go into check the model updates then am out and in here! Wouldn't it be funny if the se got rock all this weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

PLUIM_06260_NWT.png

Look at the support the ECM and operational run have on the ensembles, they both tie to mean. In the latter part of the Run they op & control go seperate ways but the main cluster and the mean stay COLD. That is a good omen.

Posted

I just go into check the model updates then am out and in here! Wouldn't it be funny if the se got rock all this weekend!

it is my hope they will :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

getting sick of it now one of the mods should comment on it if we did it we would have our post deleted

It was pretty bad earlier in the week and the mods did start threatening to delete and move posts.

Whether it happened or not i don't know but last night was better.

You won't stop the SE bias as most live down there but it is annoying at times.

Posted

So it looks like the warm air will move in over us for a time on Saturday with sleet and rain but the battle will now be further east with possible prolonged heavy snow as the battle rages. It does look like (well at the moment) that the cold air will push west again late on Sunday.

Posted

Look at the support the ECM and operational run have on the ensembles, they both tie to mean. In the latter part of the Run they op & control go seperate ways but the main cluster and the mean stay COLD. That is a good omen.

The ECM 12z yesterday was showing much the same in terms of snow as it is today, I'd say thats another good omen.

Im thinking that this "milder" interlude between cold spells won't amount to much, if anything as its now looking like next tuesday or wednesday before any inroads are made, and I'd say the ECM will be fairly close in terms of a reload from the east next week, although id much prefer a good northerly as it suites the NW alot better.

It was pretty bad earlier in the week and the mods did start threatening to delete and move posts.

Whether it happened or not i don't know but last night was better.

You won't stop the SE bias as most live down there but it is annoying at times.

Another thing with the model thread is I think some people take individual model runs for granted sometimes and over react and don't look for trends and the bigger picture.

Edited by Martin M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Does anyone think i'll get any snow friday/saturday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Snow in a can Christmas decoration will be closest thing that they may get :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

The north winds doth blow and we shall have snow andwhat will the poor south do then! Lol.......i swear ive not bin drinking!

Posted

The north winds doth blow and we shall have snow andwhat will the poor south do then! Lol.......i swear ive not bin drinking!

You sure? Lol

Posted

What's the latest modelling for weekend showing? Battleground still? People saying upgrades, but not sure if that's UK wide, or just a tiny part in the south

east :)

From what I've been reading on the model threads, and god knows i haven't a clue about the techy stuff on there.

It seems the Siberian High, with massive cold affecting Russia, has shifted appreciably to the West.

This helps cold fans in the UK but now, not just the SE.

Also there will be a battleground, some people (including BT) are saying there is a greater chance cold and snow will reaching NW parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

You sure? Lol

No lol ive just been in the model thread too long lol...

Posted

You could say I'm talking from a se nortwest bias lol .always going to be better the further se you are.

Posted

No lol ive just been in the model thread too long lol...

Am with you on that one! Oh and with That i shall have an ice cold beer straight from the fridge, u mean the back yard! Lol

You could say I'm talking from a se nortwest bias lol .always going to be better the further se you are.

If we got the same snow as we did frid but 9 hrs of it! Can you imagine ! :-)

Edited by cfallon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Does anyone think i'll get any snow friday/saturday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Matthew Hugo@MattHugo81

NW Eng. ECM ENS brings a zone of snow across the region during the latter stages of Sat. Temps progged to be 0C or just below at time of ppn