Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Well Sat has Surrey slap bang in between the yellow warning coming in from the west and the showers coming in from the east that day! But Sunday is well and truly in "the zone" - only warns of 10cm max tho so not exactly deepest depths but a nice manageable covering for a pretty walk and snowman building fun with the kidlets!

Still have this uncertain feeling that we'll either get it a lot lighter, few cm's or it'll go the other way and be DEEEEP! Who knows - but glad its due overnight, love that feeling on waking when u throw open the curtains to check the outcome!

H.

Posted

Let's have a bit of fun..........What do you think the Daily Express will highlight on their front page tomorrow?

I'll start it off with..............BLIZZARDS TO HIT SOUTH EAST ON SUNDAY :help:

PANIC BUYING CUSTOMERS CAUSE PUNCHUP IN MOST TESCO STORES AHEAD OF WHITEOUT BLIZZARD!!

Posted

Let's have a bit of fun..........What do you think the Daily Express will highlight on their front page tomorrow?

I'll start it off with..............BLIZZARDS TO HIT SOUTH EAST ON SUNDAY :help:

Croydon Council Gritting Team Find Princess Diana on an Iceberg Floating in the Thames Estuary Near Canvey Island

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Croydon Council Gritting Team Find Princess Diana on an Iceberg Floating in the Thames Estuary Near Canvey Island

LOL!

Posted

metoffice must be under severe traffic as nothing is loading lol. quote

NO WARNINGS ON THEIR AT MOMENT SEE BELOW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

http://www.metoffice.../wintry-weekend

Wintry weekend in store

2 February 2012 - This weekend will see a marked change in the weather as the dry spell makes way for snow and ice for many parts.

Over the past few days we have seen the coldest spell of the winter so far, as very cold air has flooded across the UK from the continent. Temperatures have dropped as low as -9.4 °C in Shap, Cumbria, and -10 °C is possible in places tonight.

Snow showers are expected along parts of the eastern coastline today and tomorrow, but most places will continue to see bright, dry and cold conditions.

Things are set to change as we go through into Saturday, however, as an Atlantic front moves in from the west.

Paul Gundersen, Deputy Chief Forecaster at the Met Office, said: "As this front moves in from the west it will come up against cold air and we're likely to see a mixture of rain, sleet and snow across the UK.

"It's a finely balanced situation, so there is some uncertainty about which areas will see the most significant snowfall, but at the moment the risk is highest in central and eastern areas where we could see up to 5-10cm of snow.

"With this risk of snow and ice over the next few days it is important people stay up to date with our weather forecasts and warnings for the latest information."

Later on Saturday it is likely that northern and western parts of the UK will see slightly less cold conditions take over, with rain more likely than snow. However, with the rain falling on cold ground there is a widespread ice risk.

Thereafter this east/west split is likely to continue, with the south and east remaining cold with ice and freezing fog likely. The north and west should be milder.

If we do get an all snow event, it's quite likely that the snow on the ground will hang around for quite a few days as the cold weather is likely to continue for us into early next week.

Edited by danm

Posted

I heard that too, but I heard she was rescued by Lord Lucan in a speedboat piloted by Elvis?

Posted

Chris Fawkes on a BBC news report on the lunchtime news said - the first significant snowfall for London and the SE....

The report then went on to compare Dec 2010 events that closed heathrow.....

Posted

They have already started their ramping BRITAIN FACES A WEEK OF SNOW :cold::help:

Taxpayers lay siege to Croydon Council as gritters can't out of the depo due to a recently installed Yamkin ramp

Edited by Buzzit

Posted

EVERYTIME i look at met office it says that it is loading severe weather warnings but does nothing

Taxpayers lay siege to Croydon Council as gritters can't out of the depo due to a recently installed Yamkin ramp

gritters arent able to get out of the gritting depot due to the pile of snow in front of the depot!!!!! Purley hit by 15ft snow drift in one hour lol

Posted

EVERYTIME i look at met office it says that it is loading severe weather warnings but does nothing

Yes, me too. Thought it was just me.

Guest archiesmummy

Kent looking good for snow in parts tonight and 2moro night, just on local weather, but still insisting will turn to rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Looking at the NW radar, convection seems to be expanding rapidly between the Wash and the borders. Watching cloud streams there seems to be a slow swing to a NE/SW flow which should spread cloud down in to our region by around tea time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Come on Yamkin, how much do you think will fall??

n.b. When Yamkin uses metres he actually means centimetres

:p

Posted

Peter the great just on............Snow turning to rain sunday morning, who remembers his Bonfire night forecast?

"Have your fireworks before saturday because it gonna be a washout"

Had ours on the Saturday...........NO RAIN. :clap::rofl:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Kent looking good for snow in parts tonight and 2moro night, just on local weather, but still insisting will turn to rain!

What will turn to rain?, the snow showers?

No chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Is there any chance the snow that is going to arrive in Kent and Essex tomorrow night, could move slightly west to affect Surrey

Edited by snowbob

Posted

I heard that too, but I heard she was rescued by Lord Lucan in a speedboat piloted by Elvis?

No. They will be using Shergar! lol

Guest archiesmummy

What will turn to rain?, the snow showers?

No chance

That's what I thought but peter cockcroft said after the snow on Sun it will turn to rain as the mild air crosses us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Peter Cockcroft is a pointless forecaster, end of.

Posted

OH GRIT! LONDON BOROUGH TO DISAPPEAR IN SIBERIAN SHUTDOWN

Council Chiefs in Croydon were forced to adopt their emergency Plan S today as warnings of a enormous dump were issued by their chief forecaster and head of grit spreading.

'We will be spreading grit from morning until night and then from night until morning, and all other available times, for as long as it takes to make sure there is grit everywhere' said Chief Forecaster and Head of Grit Spreading, Y Amkin. 'I have plenty of grit of my own that I am willing to spread if necessary' he added, before fastening himself into a snow plough.

A spokesperson for neighbouring borough Surrey said that if Croydon did disappear they would be offering jobs to those council employees who would otherwise lose out. 'Although, not all of them' he mysteriously added.