Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow causing disruption and chaos

snow picking up here i blackwood,,roads turning white now,few cms on cars

Posted

still snowing quite heavily here - a good half an inch on the roads I would say and air temp still only 0.8C

Edited by Stevetynant

Posted

Just seen a gritter out gritting here. Doesnt seem a lot of point if it is going to turn to rain or do they know something different

It's probably in preparation for the ice expected tonight and because of the snow that's currently settling on the main road (here at least!). Though interestingly, although the snow isn't much heavier now than it was earlier, it's only recently started to settle on the road. Surely the temperature can't be dropping here? Still no sign of it turning to rain, 3-4cm now lying with the grass disappearing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just seen a gritter out gritting here. Doesnt seem a lot of point if it is going to turn to rain or do they know something different

Gritter was out here earlier, there's a weather warning for ice tomorrow so that's probably why. Often it can be worse when snow turns to rain and it freezes. Could be treacherous out there.

Posted

Went on a trek to above 2000 ft asl...(630m asl).....still rain :rofl: duw duw.....was still some week old ice hardened snow though

Have a look at the difference between the two scottish border upland road cams! woah (mosspaul and carter bar)

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/#

Edited by Penderyn

Posted

still snowing, all white.... love it. How do you add pictures please?

Way I do it is to upload to website - easier if the piccy is already online - might not be the only way though as if you go into the more detailed reply facility there is an attachment area for files

DSCF0138.JPG

DSCF0136.JPG

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just mostly light rain here now with a temp of 1.3C and the snow is slowly melting/being washed away!

Posted

Went on a trek to above 2000 ft asl...(630m asl).....still rain :rofl: duw duw.....was still some week old ice hardened snow though

Anhygoel! Out of interest, what temperature is it there? Light snow is still falling here, not amounting to much though - we've got a covering.

Current temp 0.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

The temp has fallen from 0.2c to -0.3c in a about half an hour. Still snowing heavily but my temp is dropping! Surely a good sign? Where is the cold front currently?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

The temp has fallen from 0.2c to -0.3c in a about half an hour. Still snowing heavily but my temp is dropping! Surely a good sign? Where is the cold front currently?

Opposite here, still rising now 1.4C lol

Posted

Way I do it is to upload to website - easier if the piccy is already online - might not be the only way though as if you go into the more detailed reply facility there is an attachment area for files

DSCF0138.JPG

DSCF0136.JPG

Cheers Andy, I think I will probably leave it lol, as I am SOOOOO not technically minded. Really lovely and white here, I am a happy bunny.

Posted

I'm fairly sure it's dropping up here too. I don't have proof, but the fact that it's now settling in more places now despite the snow not being much heavier than earlier is suggestive.

Edited by jackfrost

Posted

well looks like they were wrong again,hell ov a depth up here,against my wall i would say 6 to 8 inches where its been blowing and against front door etc but got a good covering everywhere,i been to cardiff and there was a little down there drove back from there and its ok until you hit ogmore vale bit in bryncethin not much and slight covering in cardiff but the further north you head the snow gets much drier and much more. only just made it back up street in 4x4. i wonder if this will stay as snow or will it turn to rain as they said it would from the start? cant read right back but how is it down west wales?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Cheers Andy, I think I will probably leave it lol, as I am SOOOOO not technically minded. Really lovely and white here, I am a happy bunny.

Easy Ali: Get the photo on your PC (say the desktop)

Go in 'more reply options', then choose file (photo from your PC), 'attach this file', then finally 'add to post'

Posted

well looks like they were wrong again,

Do you mean the met Office are wrong? They are spot on again, look at the amber warnings for your area. Always was going to be an East Wales mostly high ground event, pretty much what I expected from the forecasts, and I think the Met Office have handled this one amazingly well, in spite of the extremely complex and rare synoptic situation.

It's wet in west Wales.

Posted

Strangely despite it being 1.5C its turning back to sleet again? hmm