Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Thoroughly vile day here. Dull, dreary, misty and damp. Mild as well. Sod this "winter" right off. 7c already.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

yeah i know same here,you can tell what the future weathers gonna be like by the quietness in here, i have read here may be potential for wednesday is that true, does anybody know anything

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I would just refer you back to my look at this week ahead on the previous page. Nothing has really changed, apart from even lesser chance of wintriness midweek. Some severe frosts coming up, with some crisp sunny conditions by day but freezing fog by night in parts. A virtually dry week after today's drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

What really does my head is opening a newspaper and being greeted with hysterical "Britain hit by heavy snow/Britain in the freezer" subheadings...and various similar crap themes by London-centric journalists who can't be bothered to learn that the Western side of the UK is anything but in the "freezer" :rolleyes:

Many of us over here did not even see so much as a flake of snow!

Really annoys me. :angry:

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

I don't suppose that the headline 'Parts of highly populated England hit by heavy snow/ a small part of England in the freezer' would sell many papers.

Posted

Recollections of Winter's past

Most memorable Winter's for me:

Whilst in Coventry:

The run of mild Winters between about 1973 and 1975: Little in the way of snow or hard frosts, boring for a teenager wanting snow!

1978/9: Cold and snowy almost throughout. Heavy falls at times

1981/82: Two of the most amazing cold and snowy spells experienced; heavy snow and -16c in December, and then repeat in January (still the coldest in Coventry since then).

1987: If only for the experience of Winter at it's most fierce- heavy drifting snow, maximum of -6c!

Think it was 1988/89? For mildness, no snow, and dryness, and walking the footpaths across fields which were not muddy, not because they were frozen, rather because it was so dry

December 1990: The deepest snow I have experienced, 31cm in Coventry, the people getting together to clear the roads. Nearly all gone a few days later!

February 1998: The warmest ever experienced in Winter. Walking the countryside sporting a T-shirt as it was a sunny 18c.

And in west Wales: Most Winter's have seen at least one snow fall, although not always very much:

January 2010: An outstanding Winter month of cold and snow, very severe frosts, down to -16.7c. Made better after somewhat having given up on such spells returning to this land!

November to December 2010: Three such severe cold episodes in one calender year! Very unusual for a freeze up in November and for the snow not to thaw. Then remarkable cold, and 20cm snow in December, beautiful scenes. The lowest temperature I have recorded of -17.7c on Christmas morning (I was not there to experience it though). A truly snowy and freezing Christmas Day spent in the Midlands.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

I remember that dec 81 amazing bright pink sky and thunder snow ,dident last though turned back to rain as it often does dowm here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
Posted · Hidden by Arctic Hare, February 6, 2012 - Sorry, wrong thread!
Hidden by Arctic Hare, February 6, 2012 - Sorry, wrong thread!

Fairly grotty weather here. Still (just about) full snow cover in the back garden, but the thaw has been quite heavy all day. It's now reached that tipping point where I'd rather it melted entirely than stick around with treacherous patches of half-frozen slush.

Worth noting, perhaps, that the GFS is wildly wrong even at a few hours' notice as regards 2m temps. There's excellent agreement on the 06z that this afternoon's max would be somewhere around 3 °C (see pic). In fact, it's been above that for the whole of daylight hours, and the max has been 6.7 °C.

t2mWorcestershire.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

is it true that snow is a possibility tomorrow?

Posted

is it true that snow is a possibility tomorrow?

Not enough cold air around at the moment Sam hopefully colder Wednesday possible event thurday .

Posted

Not enough cold air around at the moment Sam hopefully colder Wednesday possible event thurday .

Yes, I need some time off school ;), fingers crossed, but won't the ground be too warm?

We need Andy! :lol:

Posted

Yes, I need some time off school ;), fingers crossed, but won't the ground be too warm?

We need Andy! :lol:

Half term week after next.

Posted

Half term week after next.

My half term is after this week :yahoo:

Posted

Still no snow around though!

post-2595-0-77336400-1328553475_thumb.gi

Not with high pressure almost on top of Wales, where would the snow come from?

Edited by TonyH