Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

thats BETTER mate now lets hope the snow kicks in!!

Going to have to be very heavy to keep the freezing rain away.

At least this is keeping the temperature pegged back for later, but it's just plain freezing rain now, half hearted freezing rain at that, it's struggling to freeze even on cars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Rain here, odd bits of hail. Temp risen to -0.7 :( Any chance this could turn to snow as the main band hits?

Posted

Freezing rain now mixed with hail & snow.

Temperature falling. :D

lol for me the snow as stopped and now back to zero precip again, as long as the freezing rain / rain stays away long enough for the main event should be okay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Now raining

This is it now innit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Still light snow blowing around here. Interesting CM is getting snow.

Hi SFZ, just about to drive to Kirkham stn to get train to Manchester. Nice to see you're getting some of the white stuff. Been raining here (no surprise tho)

Posted

Evaporative cooling coming into play right now.

Radar reflects very very very heavy echoes, yet the precipitation is only moderate.

Posted

Moderate snow now!!! grass starting to turn white

Pleased to see the west of the county is seeing snow - bodes very well for us further east in the county. Off to do a local walk in half an hour between Staveley and Windermere over the local hills - suspect flakes will be arriving by 11.30am, and hoping it eclipses my winter wonderland walk along hadrians wall on the 16th December.

The air is exceptionally dry at the moment - hardly any frost to be seen despite temps belo 0 degrees- it is very deceptive.

Posted

just as i said it was doing nothing, we now have grauple and mixed dry snow flakes, nothing to write home about really..its hardly doing anything at all

Posted

just as i said it was doing nothing, we now have grauple and mixed dry snow flakes, nothing to write home about really..its hardly doing anything at all

Dewpoint is rising at about +3C an hour. -3.9C now. :(

Posted

-1.5C with rain continuing to fall. This is pathetic. If we get freezing rain all the way through, then the rest of the country can have freezing rain all the way through. We wait all this time for a snow event and it falls as rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Still light rain falling here. This is what I predicted yesterday although I would have liked being proved wrong on this occasion.

Very light rain even though the radars say it should be quite heavy ppn falling.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Hi SFZ, just about to drive to Kirkham stn to get train to Manchester. Nice to see you're getting some of the white stuff. Been raining here (no surprise tho)

Morning SD. Yes only light but it has been snowing. Seems the showers if the radar is to be believed aren't quite getting here they seem to be losing some of their oomph further West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!

I head off on the bus to Manchester in about an hour to get pics of lovely snow. :D

hope something's arrived by then (im south manc)...nowt at the mo, not even frost...new weather station packed up so can't even offer anything by way of useful data.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

rain starting to fall as freezing rain now and a little hail falling too. temps variable between -0.7 and -0.4 ... now getting a bit of sleet too.

Posted

-1.5C with rain continuing to fall. This is pathetic. If we get freezing rain all the way through, then the rest of the country can have freezing rain all the way through. We wait all this time for a snow event and it falls as rain.

Backtrack

I'm finding your posts confusing, you say it is -1.5C there, that sounds low to me also you say one minute your temperature is falling then your dewpoint is rising then its this then its that.

Is your weather station faulty?

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

Backtrack, you need to move. Runcorn is always going to be crap for snow. I drove over the woodhead pass last night and there's tons of snow. It's only an hour away from Runcorn.

Edited by SNOW-HEATWAVE-YES

Posted

Backtrack

I'm finding your posts confusing, you say it is -1.5C there, that sounds low to me also you say one minute your temperature is falling then your dewpoint is rising then its this then its that.

Is your weather station faulty?

Both of my weather stations are reading -1.5C, HotCuppa (5 miles from me) is even lower, Liverpool airport is at -1C.

It's raining, so evaporative cooling is lowering the temperature.

Humidity is rising so the dewpoint is rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Regardless of surface conditions, if warm air mixes in aloft then rain can be expected. Freezing rain if you are at or below 0c as the ground will still be frozen solid.

Edited by Liam J