Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

Is there any chance of a rain shadow effect happening where I am, or should I still be alright? I just saw this question asked in the Yorkshire thread, but seeing as I'm not in Yorkshire I thought I'd ask some people here. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Morning everyone. Got down to -8.5 °C last night, so the "coldest night of winter" box has been ticked off. Now for round two! Grey and overcast but dry here right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Morning troops!....A late start for me today, so what's occurring then? or we going to get a dumping today? :D

Check the old thread, an upgrade on the 06z NAE!

I'm going to be staying at my girlfriend's house tonight so I might not be able to radar watch :lol: :doh: I love her to bits but tonight I kinda wish I was staying here so I could radar watch and lamp post watch like the sad man I am :winky:

Her location is 94m ASL and mine is 75m ASL, could that extra 20 metres make all the difference? Nah probably not, but the higher you are the better chance you will have of it staying as snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm going to be staying at my girlfriend's house tonight so I might not be able to radar watch :lol: :doh: I love her to bits but tonight I kinda wish I was staying here so I could radar watch and lamp post watch like the sad man I am :winky:

Her location is 94m ASL and mine is 75m ASL, could that extra 20 metres make all the difference? Nah probably not, but the higher you are the better chance you will have of it staying as snow!

Ah mate, you're being domesticated ...lol....best advice from a seasoned snow pro is dump the broad and embrace the lamp post! :lol:

Posted

Gah! Two doors down are having a bonfire! That might be where my "snowflakes" are coming from! Someone having a bonfire when snow is due is up there with wheelie bins when thunder is due for annoyance!

Posted

lol the words of a true snow junkie! :lol:

In truth I think it's only really parts of the Black Country that can genuinely be classed as higher ground, until you get to the north of the region anyway. But every little helps :)

Bish

Posted

If the NAE is right surely the bbc need to state more than 10cm is possible at the minute it remains very much 5-10cms for them

Posted

Yes i have noticed that aswell!!maybe they havent looked at the latest nae yet!!!

If the NAE is right surely the bbc need to state more than 10cm is possible at the minute it remains very much 5-10cms for them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ah mate, you're being domesticated ...lol....best advice from a seasoned snow pro is dump the broad and embrace the lamp post! :lol:

I've been with her since October and she doesn't even know i'm interested in the Weather :rofl: I've kept it very much under wraps! I did mention I could read Weather models but she has no idea of my snow addiction! I might go to the loo a few times during the evening and come online on my phone to leave a post or 2 and check the radar :rofl: Fingers crossed I get away with it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Is the fact that it started so early in Hereford in fact a bad sign ? Eg that the block was not as strong or that the front is moving faster than we thought ?

I'm no expert, but I think it's just a shower that's ahead of the main band.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Just ply her with red wine and ignore her! That's my intention for this evening!! However, after 16 years she knows me too well...... Syston managed minus 8 overnight whilst I was at work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Bah -- that rogue shower was heading right for me, but has died out at the last minute. Not that I was expecting anything this early of course, but it would have been nice. Here's hoping all of us in our snow-starved region have a good story to tell by close of play tonight. :)

Posted

Snow here is rapidly going from a dusting to a light covering. Quite steady snowfall now. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes i have noticed that aswell!!maybe they havent looked at the latest nae yet!!!

I think they have seen it bbc forecast now has snow a lil west i think we should all see snow and eastwards from bham looks kike doing very well

Posted
I've been with her since October and she doesn't even know i'm interested in the Weather :rofl: I've kept it very much under wraps! I did mention I could read Weather models but she has no idea of my snow addiction! I might go to the loo a few times during the evening and come online on my phone to leave a post or 2 and check the radar :rofl: Fingers crossed I get away with it!

You just need to sit her down, hold her by the hand and quietly explain that you intend to spend the evening online watching a bunch of pixels slowly working their way across a map.

If she doesn't understand, just grunt something about NAE, ajpoolshark, and ECM ensembles, and leave her to it :happy:

Bish

Posted

"Ok love I'll pop round, but only because your house is 20 meters higher above sea level and I want a nice lampost to stare at all night..." :doh:

Posted

Bah -- that rogue shower was heading right for me, but has died out at the last minute. Not that I was expecting anything this early of course, but it would have been nice. Here's hoping all of us in our snow-starved region have a good story to tell by close of play tonight. :)

From what I have been reading is that the fact that rogue showers are fizzling is a good sign. A build up to the block/stall. Any experts want to elaborate.

I am so excited, I am like a kid at xmas. I cant wait for the snow to start either. Wish I could fast forward the day :clapping: :clapping: ;)

Edited by Snowcheeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

My first post on here, Stiperstones, Shropshire Hills at 285 metres and the precipitation just started is.......RAIN.

Posted

My first post on here, Stiperstones, Shropshire Hills at 285 metres and the precipitation just started is.......RAIN.

Don't fret, it'll soon turn to snow. Keep the faith!

Bish

Posted

"Ok love I'll pop round, but only because your house is 20 meters higher above sea level and I want a nice lampost to stare at all night..." :doh:

Don't forget to mention your wet bulb ;)

Meanwhile still no sign of snow from that rogue shower dusting Hereford...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

blimey....alarm bells are ringing :unsure:

Posted

Have the amber warnings extended west, or did I just not notice before.

Anyway, that good news for here :D