Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

Also around 5 cm here in Bewdley. Temp now up to +0.2 °C, and it's just starting to feel slightly wet, but it's still snowing.

Indeed...felt much wetter when I was out in it a few minutes ago. This is crunch time then! Right on cue as well.

Posted

Lovely, that red/orange patch is heading straight for me. could be interesting in about an hour or so i would say. that will help top up the few centimetres we've had here. not really had any heavy stuff yet , just been 4 1/2 hours of fine snow, but has settled well none the less.

Posted

Wow that sounds interesting. Fingers crossed it actually verifies. Is it just one model suggesting this, or all three of the main ones?

Bish

3 main ones gems the model of the day it got today bang on 5 days ago :) its up there with the others thats for sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

About 2cm where I am in Nottingham at the moment

.some bus cancellations and diversions beginning in the more hilly parts of the city.

I bet there's not a lot of buses heading up to Mapperley ..

Posted

Its being snow since 12 in north staffordshire . Weve had more than expected and still going . Was freezing rain/ sleet earlier but snow now . I dont think it will rain now

Posted

Wow that sounds interesting. Fingers crossed it actually verifies. Is it just one model suggesting this, or all three of the main ones?

Bish

all three to an extent, but the same trend 90% likely we'll see a better big freeze after a slight thaw. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks a good couple of Inches in Cov, don't quite understand why some fellow Coventrians are unhappy with this:

http://www2.warwick..../campus/webcam/

Easy another couple to come too!

i'm not mate loving every second of it usually we miss out but its been a good day so far..

Posted
3 main ones gems the model of the day it got today bang on 5 days ago :) its up there with the others thats for sure

Excellent news! In fairness I think we should probably starting thinking in terms of the Big 4, the GEM seems to be verifying very well in recent times :)

Bish

Posted

Looks a good couple of Inches in Cov, don't quite understand why some fellow Coventrians are unhappy with this:

http://www2.warwick..../campus/webcam/

Easy another couple to come too!

yeah? after the one cm that we got last year, which we've already beaten tonight, this is an amazing event!!! I'm really happy! and I've seen a snowdrift!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

rain is heavy now think we have seen the last of he snow! its even starting to melt too temp above freezing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Still snowing here, moderately anyway! Really don't want it to turn to rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, I'm to open up a new thread for the overnight period, so will be closing this one shortly

Posted

Still snowing very well here...really feels like we're on borrowed time with it, but great stuff nonetheless.

We're at 7pm and still all snow...can we go another hour?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Amazing out there. Roads very reminiscent of 18th December 2010 out there. :)

DP still -1c and hovering. Some very heavy ppn just to my North West!

Posted

3-4cm ? Crazy, your only 15minutes drive from me yet we're barely past the 1cm mark here. Plenty of flakes, there just small in size and blowing everywhere so it's struggling to settle to much.

I can definitely back this up, easily 3/4 cm without the drifts here possibly slight more, been very small flakes but coming down at a fair rate of knots and blowin about in the wind.