Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

pottyprof

Posted

Them purple colours in Fleetwood / Blackpool look to be heading our way and now some blue's

just hop it stays as snow though

still coming down really well at the moment and the wind seems to have picked up also.

Posted

Has picked up in the last hour or so, and some heavy stuff seems to be heading our way (will let you know when it hits, Otley/Leeds people!)

Posted

Radar really looking good for Leeds now!

20.png

If those reds move in we could easily see snow accumulations of 2"/hour with huge flakes :D

Yeah but only for an hour before it moves on! still thats over double what we already have and I expect another 2-3cms overall for our area. If that stalls even for an extra half n hour we could get a plastering for a couple of hours!

Edited by ITSY

Posted

Likewise Steve, hope you get a pasting.

Will have to check out TWO later, bet a certain few are ramping it up.

Rob I cannot PM you, when I got unbanned my PM system has not been activated, so I cannot request a mod to enable it. So i'm stuck, no one can message me either

No worries mate, drop me a text, my number is 07849148957.

Posted

Has picked up in the last hour or so, and some heavy stuff seems to be heading our way (will let you know when it hits, Otley/Leeds people!)

A tad annoying that it's pepped up as half the precipitation is past us. That's why linconshire are going to get hammered later!

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

A tad annoying that it's pepped up as half the precipitation is past us. That's why linconshire are going to get hammered later!

It dosen't seem to have stalled either!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

It's chucking down now but doesn't seem to be laying very well. temp -1.3C Humidity 99% from 62% 2 hours ago!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well i went to Morrisons as Tesco is further away and can tell you that the flat concrete depth outside the Rose Bowl (Leeds Met Uni) is 2cm, roads are a little slushy and in the 30 minutes i was inside the precipitation and wind definitely picked up.

Radar looking good, moderate to heavy snow in Leeds already here.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Check out Newcastle northward where the front has occluded, only moderate or heavy precipitation.

Leeds City Centre looking good for 6-8cm i think with 10cm+ at my parents.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

hows things developing for barnsley please? i do not understand the charts enough lol

Posted

Yeah but only for an hour before it moves on! still thats over double what we already have and I expect another 2-3cms overall for our area. If that stalls even for an extra half n hour we could get a plastering for a couple of hours!

An hour?

It has taken over 4 hours just to get halfway through.

It has not stalled but this is a very wide band.

hows things developing for barnsley please? i do not understand the charts enough lol

Looking good.

Snow will be heaviest from about 8pm onward and stop around midnight.

Posted

An hour?

It has taken over 4 hours just to get halfway through.

It has not stalled but this is a very wide band.

Yes and I don't think theres any chance of it turning to sleet/rain now, not for leeds anyway :) -2C at leeds and bradford airport.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Weird raintoday.. the heavy precipitation just.. disappeared.. everywhere lo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

Thankyou, whats the chances of anything still being on the ground in the morning, im a pain i know lol

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

3hrs of snow and I can still see the road & footpath ...not gonna get 3mm never mind 10 cm at this rate :help:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Front briefly beefed up but now fading again as it moves towards the pennines. Snizzle continuing depth between 5mm to 10mm. Forecast mentioned it turning to rain on the back edge so watch out for black ice later on which will be the main hazard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I think that sudden fade is a glitch surely.. as it faded further south too away from the Pennines.. not sure

Posted

Them purple colours in Fleetwood / Blackpool look to be heading our way and now some blue's

just hop it stays as snow though

still coming down really well at the moment and the wind seems to have picked up also.

Do you think theres a possibility of it not being snow? Still showing as 0 degrees here and pressure of 1021 so I'm hoping snow all the way. Fingers crossed

Posted

Yes and I don't think theres any chance of it turning to sleet/rain now, not for leeds anyway :) -2C at leeds and bradford airport.

Yes, anywhere that started below -1C and is east of the Pennines is likely to see an all snow event.

I must say that Leeds has an uncanny ability to get snow out of marginal frontal events.

Also looking at the radar you can see that the tripple point is currently near Newcastle producing very heavy precipitation.

Posted

unsurprisingly the intense band of rain over the North West has weakened as it heads towards us in Leeds. Still, by the looks of GFS, this won't be the last snow we have this month! I think that forecasts of 8cms for Leeds city center will be way too optimisitc - but i'll hold my hands up if it comes! I say only an hour (an exaggeration I accept) because by 8 the snow should be peetering out, meaning that the bulk of the PPN has already passed us. Anyway, lets not get too OTT over a bit of snow - lets hope GFS Op is onto something!

Edited by ITSY