Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 8

Snowing there?

18Z Pub run has gone off on one and no easterlies projected but just a flabby high, struggles for retrogression to Greenland as well. Not to concerned at the moment. About 1.5cms here at the moment.

I was chuffed to buggery when i bought the autobiography audiobook!

Posted

Horizontal sand, mean snow here, not a measurable covering yet.... fingercrossed

Temp -1.1c

dew -2.2c

Posted

BBC forecast has snow for the SE until about 7-8am. So another 9-10 hours of snow according to them :)

Don't be surprised if the snowfall carries on much longer tomorrow than what is being forecast by the MetO. Many parts will be experiencing 20 - 30 cm's :help::D:clap::cold::yahoo: +

Exclusive from the Yamkin Patrol :good:

Posted

Perhaps not as far West as your location, unfortunately, but that's when the cold pool is tapped into and dragged West. If it's vigorous enough, precipitation in your area will turn back to snow; it may now be too wet to settle, now ... still going for a punt of lying snow on Hasting's beach, though ...

thanks for your response, it doesnt "feel" like it will happen to me, but if as you say cold air is pulled in, it might do. Just looked at the local paper blog and people 2 miles north of me in Brighton have had small accumulations - certainly a very localised thing here, so things could change, the winds are getting stronger at the moment.

Hastings - I think snow is def more likely there:-)