Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

woo-hoo even the grass has a covering here now, were on the Steve Murr's snow riechter scale of a 7 :-) 5p size snow flakes :-) clearly visible with even the briefest of LP check :-)

Same, not sure if that was from earlier but grass and pavement are dry so could be more, did you say you were in mile oak?

Posted

Confirm lightest snow I've ever seen in my life up here on Bluebell Hill. Not enough for settling, but, I think, this is the start of it. Will go out and have a sniff in a moment

Yep, had to squint hard at the lamp post but there are indeed some very small flakes in the air!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I refuse to keep getting up from the couch every 2 mins to look out the window. Besides, the cat gets annoyed as he's sitting on my lap!

:D

Posted

0 on Steve's Scale

I dearly hope we are not going to experience another 2009 close to the coast, those dewpoints worry me and also wether we have an Inversion in place a la 2nd Feb2009!

This might be why the radar is picking up returns but nothing it hitting the ground, the super dry air could be stopping it hitting ground level

Hope I am wrong on this

Posted

Anyone in Bexley Village experiencing snow at this precise moment?

Up the hill in Bexleyheath I can confirm it's snowing.

Posted

Can someone please explain the huge star-shape in the precipitation on the netweather radar covering a lot of the area?? It's giving me a big headache. I can't tell if its lighter on the radar than it should be..

Also, getting pretty interesting here in north-east london. Starting to settle on the gritted road.. always a good sign

Posted

this question has been asked and gnored a few times. i will ask it now.

Is the band going to slow down and stall as it seems to be moving faster than expected. And I would like to know if my dew point of -9 is hindering my chances of snow. I don't think it is but can someone confirm for me please thanks

Posted

its building across eltham etc at the mo- & out west

Patience in the east PPL

S

Lol so frustrating this!

Snowcon 0 here still. -0.6c and -6.2c.

Posted

any updates from west london?

Got my son on lamp-post duty at the front while he plays PS3 and I'm on rear security light duty.

In Surbiton, I can therefore report around L3-4 on the Murr scale - small flakes, coming down quite rapidly, settling on cars and pavements, light covering, but it's been fairly consistent for at least an hour or so, although the flakes were definitely bigger earlier. Is this flake reduction a dew point kind of a thing? Would like some bigger flakes please, like some of the footie matches have shown:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Really picking up now, getting heavier by the minute. Full covering on the ground of about a 1-1.5 cm's. Snow is the dry, powdery type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters. Cool wet summers.

A few flakes here an hour ago. Nothing since. Getting a stiff neck looking at the lamppost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Have to keep reminding myself that if, only twenty seconds ago, snow was only falling at level 1/2, it is unlikely now to be falling at level 10... after all, the forecasts did say we wouldn't see snow at all until about 9pm, with the heavy stuff not setting in until midnight...It's going to be a long night!

Posted

this question has been asked and gnored a few times. i will ask it now.

Is the band going to slow down and stall as it seems to be moving faster than expected. And I would like to know if my dew point of -9 is hindering my chances of snow. I don't think it is but can someone confirm for me please thanks

Yes, the band is in fact slowing down now. Your dewpoint is fantastic for snow. Nothing to worry about at all!!!

Edited by Jason H