Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 8

Posted

20.40 Level 0 in Tunbridge Wells! Looking at radar and still hopeful we will get a covering. Temp = -1.2c.

MM

Yes, none down here in Groombridge either, but kate1 in TW said she's seen flakes, and leemondo's got some up in Crowborough - confusing!

I've got all three external detectors illuminated, and as yet they're still reading Murr Level 0 (perhaps they need recalibrating).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

in colchester.

Radar says yes. Lampost says no. :80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Still moderate here in shepperton good covering now happy days.

Had more than us already then, having seen the BBC weather an hour or so ago, looks like it's meant to be white across the whole of the SE, shows how tricky it is to nail down snowfall

Posted

0 on Steve's Scale

I dearly hope we are not going to experience another 2009 close to the coast, those dewpoints worry me and also wether we have an Inversion in place a la 2nd Feb2009!

This might be why the radar is picking up returns but nothing it hitting the ground, the super dry air could be stopping it hitting ground level

Hope I am wrong on this

Dont Paul!

I think we just need a bit of patience. How ironic though if its too cold for snow!!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Still pretty light stuff falling here at work just down the road from Heathrow, temps hovering around -2C and DPs around -3C, so no marginality creeping in yet and it's only light.

Just hope the heavier stuff to the NW holds off until I get home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

I can report a level 1 to the south east of Chelmsford. Leigh and Southend, it's coming your way folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Time to get the tape measure out now rather than using the end of the finger guesswork method. 2cm on the patio. Better check the top of the bins to confirm

forget the bins, I like the patio reading better :)

Edited by dubmuffin

Rich1970, on 04 February 2012 - 20:26 , said:

So TEITS is that going to swing down to Ashford?????, coz whats comin along the coast is turning to rain, Getting really worried!! Help PLEASE!!!!!!!

I HAVE been saying for a while temp increasing at an alarming rate (and that rate is increasing)

Most ppl on here successfully blanking me so far, but I feel it... dont say I didnt warn you...

Yep our temp has gone -1.5 to 0.3 in about 2 hours, so you are right it is an alarming rate and im losing faith!!

Posted

0 on Steve's Scale

I dearly hope we are not going to experience another 2009 close to the coast, those dewpoints worry me and also wether we have an Inversion in place a la 2nd Feb2009!

This might be why the radar is picking up returns but nothing it hitting the ground, the super dry air could be stopping it hitting ground level

Hope I am wrong on this

I think that is partly true, however it is snowing here about 20 miles upstream, so just a case of giving it a little time. Its a frontal system so it is going to get overwhelmed at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

in colchester.

Radar says yes. Lampost says no. :80:

Very fine dust flying around for about half hour,only visable in garden light.but i would have thought more according to radar??(stanway)

Posted

Level 5 here for the last 3 hours, got about 2cm on everything. Nice start! Hoping the front stalls close by!

Edited by tcc

Posted

If the light blue/dark blue stuff isn't reaching the ground then I can't see there being much at all..

Its just the first band that's past strood, its purely light stuff.... Trust me on this you will get plenty later this evening in Medway. Its like waiting for a hurricane you have to be patient my man... you get bands at the front of systems.

Tonight a lot of people are moaning or getting worried or anxious... dont be its going to hit Kent well, it is going exactly the way it should do and will be a significant snow fall for all at ALL levels.

Posted

Heavier stuff looks like it might arrive here soon. Certainly a little heavier here in the last 5 minutes