Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 6

kold weather

Posted

LOL!

It's hardly been above average! It was an average winter SO FAR.

average? december here was the complete opposite of average..12/16C during december, almost similar temps through most of jan, until we had the easterly...there was nothing remotely average about this winter SO FAR, sorry mate i don't agree with you. I admire your optimism and hope we do see something, but until it happens as the romans do am afraid.

Posted

had a nice walk around taylor park today,everywere still frozen,was nice in the sun cold in the shade. current temp 2.7c

Edited by carl1980

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Well aren't some of you rays of sunshine today. Please stop the bickering as you spoil the thread for others.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

average? december here was the complete opposite of average..12/16C during december, almost similar temps through most of jan, until we had the easterly...there was nothing remotely average about this winter SO FAR, sorry mate i don't agree with you. I admire your optimism and hope we do see something, but until it happens as the romans do am afraid.

It never reached 16C in December. Take into consideration that the NW record temperature in December is 15.1C.

December was average - mild with cold interludes. January was above average with just cool NW'erly intervals, and so far, February has been way below average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Winter is not over,however chances of a decent snow event i would rate at about 15% at the moment

yesterday was such a let down,lets face if we cannot get snow at T0 then we really are in deep trouble

one covering of snow this winter 4cm to be exact is a pretty poor show IMO,however living on small

island everything has to be 100% in place and unfortunatly this winter things just have not gone

our way..

C.S

Posted

I still think the GFS is overexaggerating the extent of exceptionally cold night temperatures it pulls off in more western/coastal parts of our region, certainly there will be places in our region which will hold onto snow when the next easterly comes, and those areas will see the -6C to -8C that the GFS is forecasting overnight next week. However the lows forecast over areas where there was no snow, or the ground has now warmed up, are probably wildly exaggerated. Perhaps -3C or -4C at absolutely coldest, but -6 to -7C, looks a bit optimistic.

When the easterly/continental spell kicked off, it took a few days for the ground the cool down significantly in order to develop cold nights minimums, for places like here, this process will have to be started again because the ground is actually fairly mild, compared to what it was.

for me its always struggled with easterly blocking / north easterlies, but it does well with atlantic systems probably because its programmed to be more biased towards the us/canada since its a noaa chart? the op is terrible, thought they where going to switch it around recently?

Posted

Dancing on ice is on if anyone is interested? :winky:

Ha Ha been postponed all my ice has melted LOL

C.S

Posted

How do you think I feel. 20cm of lying snow on the tops, and all I could see was my feet because anything further than 5 meters away was shrouded in a fog of white :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It never reached 16C in December. Take into consideration that the NW record temperature in December is 15.1C.

December was average - mild with cold interludes. January was above average with just cool NW'erly intervals, and so far, February has been way below average.

Actually Bidston observatory reached 15.8C in December 1998, and 15.2C in December 1982.

Here I recorded 15.1C on December 26th this year.

Posted

Nice tasty Ecm,if you live in the E/SE...........YAWN

C.S

Posted

Actually Bidston observatory reached 15.8C in December 1998, and 15.2C in December 1982.

we recorded here on christmas day 15.6C (Rounded to 16C) and for all the time ive lived here, ive never witnessed it being so high before, very strange experience and hopefully one we'll not repeat again for a very long time lol

boxing day 14.7C, 28th 13.3C and my birthday 29th 11.4C, but then we got stuck in the 12C range right through the new year and into the first week of january.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

not bickering, just stating facts as opposed to half truths LL

You're not stating facts, you're giving YOUR opinion.

Posted

Wikipedia is a liar then lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Uhmmm, looks like the modelling is getting progressively worse in terms of a possible Greenland High dominated pattern. In fact, the main models seem to have dropped the idea alltogether now for a shabby high over the uk. With uppers of 0 to -4 I can't see it being that cold other than at night. Of course this is just based on one day of runs. Be interesting to see what tomorrows runs show.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
Posted · Hidden by Lancashire Lass, February 5, 2012 - Not helping the situation and patronizing with it.
Hidden by Lancashire Lass, February 5, 2012 - Not helping the situation and patronizing with it.

You're not stating facts, you're giving YOUR opinion.

Thats what forums are for dear .... I'll grab me coat :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Most likely so..

I have a records on my screen.

in fact you can check them too;

http://www.pol.ac.uk/appl/hist_met/maxmonthlytemps.pdf

Posted

It's fallible by the people posting on it, its a contribution system if someone is wrong they are wrong, plenty of wrong things on there, but also plenty of right things...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Walked past quite a few trees today and quite a lot of them had buds on. Bring on spring if all we're going to get is snow with foggy days.

Quite looking forward to seeing bright green trees and grass again :)

Posted

Walked past quite a few trees today and quite a lot of them had buds on. Bring on spring if all we're going to get is snow with foggy days.

Quite looking forward to seeing bright green trees and grass again :)

We haven't had any snow here, just freezing rain and ice but it's finished off my geraniums which were still flowering from autumn! The milder winter has allowed daffodils, bluebells and crocus to peep right up out of the soil but I think they've all had a shock this weekend!

I just poppedoin here to see what your opinions are for what this week will bring... any ideas guys?

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Lancashire Lass, February 5, 2012 - Sorry Backtrack but uncalled for. Calm down.
Hidden by Lancashire Lass, February 5, 2012 - Sorry Backtrack but uncalled for. Calm down.

Right, I've had enough. If members wish to talk absolute trash about me in threads, then it's very clear that I am not wanted. So I'm leaving for good.

According to some people, 90% of my posts are utter trash, so it's absolutely pointless me being here. I love the way you talk behind my back, that doesn't make you hard at all, you're looking for a quick way to score points. So I guess this is one of them posts that you can't put in the 90% of my 'trash' posts, because you know I'm right.

So thanks for making me feel like an idiot, thanks for making me feel . <-- as big as that dot. Thanks very much guys. I really thought I was learning by being here, but it's painfully obvious that my thoughts on things don't matter one single bit.

Oh and thanks for mocking me about my forecast yesterday too. Was there really any need? No one forsaw a widespread freezing rain event, even the BBC & Met Office called it wrong, so thank you very much.

Worst thing is, I actually thought you were my friend, so thanks Liam J. Just for the record I think you're a complete idiot.

Thanks, bye.

Edited by Backtrack
Posted

Anybody else want reporting or their posts deleted?