Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 5

kold weather

Posted

Home now from snowy Brum to awful drizzle - temp holding at 0 but not wintry at all just rain :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I don't know what it's doing out there now, it sounds like rain but it's actually like ice pellets/graupel and it's settling on top of the bin :lol: Can't believe there's a gap developing in the PPN as well, that seriously needs to start making a move West/South West otherwise it's curtains.

Posted

I can confirm it's snowing here!! FINALLY! Why the heck is the heaviest PPN going to the EAST of Leicester/Nottingham though?! I thought that band would be moving W/SW by now but it's moving straight S by the looks of it. This was noooooooooot forecast :doh:

We can only hope the North Sea reloads and the east wind blows!

Stopped here 1/2 an hour ago. Just trying to get going again, right on the edge of the ppn.

Edited by JonMillar

Posted

We can only hope the North Sea reloads and the east wind blows!

I'm getting very worried now, it's STILL moving straight South, by the time it pivots it will have gone past Leicester :doh: Shocker, absolute shocker.

Posted

Getting heavier and heavier here! 1cm in the past half an hour.

Same. We could do with it starting to back west now otherwise we will miss out later. The track of this has been totally different to what was forecast so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Steady moderate to heavy snow and settling on all surfaces. About a cm already. Temp -0.4c and dewpoint -2.7c

Met office showing heavy snow for Northampton at 2100 and 0000 tonight

Edited by jimben

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I'm getting very worried now, it's STILL moving straight South, by the time it pivots it will have gone past Leicester :doh: Shocker, absolute shocker.

Most of us have nothing, only left over snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Shocking forecasting from the models and professionals on this. However no one really knew what was going to happen. Shame but it looks like barely anyone will do too well out of this. PPN looks like it will already be gone soon enough here.

Posted

I'm hoping it'll stall soon, pivot, and then move slightly back north westward before retreating, but the whole forecast has gone to pot again now so who knows?

Posted

Hmmm..........the northern edge of the ppn seems to be losing some if it's intensity as well.

I always try to be optimistic, but I'm just starting to get that sinking feeling. We shall see, still plenty of time.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Heavy snow here now (in Barlestone)

Posted

Sorry. I'm now going to put my neck on the line and call this a non event as well. Can't see it happening now. Good luck to those further east and the south east, suddenly looking good for you.

Posted

Shocking forecasting from the models and professionals on this. However no one really knew what was going to happen. Shame but it looks like barely anyone will do too well out of this. PPN looks like it will already be gone soon enough here.

I have NEVER seen the main models get it this wrong just 8 hours before the event, i've seen them get the PPN about 50 miles wrong but never 100-200 miles wrong. Amazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Is there anyway to get in contact with midlands today, or channel 3 or any senior foecasters and ask them to change or evaluate their forecast. Its dire and totally mis-leading.

Posted

The only crumb I can see is on the meteox +3hr radar forecast which finally shows a SW movement. I think Nottingham will be just too far North to benefit, but Leicester just might catch it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

we have had a massive upgrade from met at 7pm was never saying heavy now even has light snow tomorrow morning. think they know something we dont?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/telford_forecast_weather.html