Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 12

kold weather

Posted

Interesting set-up coming up, I don't think there is much snow in this area bar maybe the NW of this region.

Anyway here is the general discussion link, my own forecast is in there as well:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72499-significant-snowfreezing-rain-risk-9-10th-february/page__st__340

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Looking like flurries and showers for the most of us here tonight / tomorrow.

However all eyes North for colder weather coming down from the arctic midweek.

• Today
    A cloudy day but it will be mostly dry until later in the afternoon when a few light snow flurries are possible. Light winds but still feeling cold.

• Tonight
    Snow flurries continuing, especially across areas to the west of London which are most likely to see any significant accumulations. A sharp frost forming in eastern parts where skies clear.

Just copied of BBC weather..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Well looking at the radar of the band(s) of rain, sleet and snow, it's arking right out towards the north sea, a good sign as it progresses south too me.

The further it goes out towards the North sea, the greater chance as our ENE'ly winds will drag in that area over a bigger area of the SE later today and our chances of seeing snow, not just reserved for the NW parts of London etc.

Posted

Agree Greg, dont look like light snow to me for us, but what do I know?? Showers breaking out ahead of the front too!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Thats what i was thinking.................have to go work so cant radar watch,i wonder if my hair clients will mind me using there pc?lol

Posted

Radar seems to show it more southerly than expected at this time and arcing round quicker than expected, if I'm not mistaken.. Got to like the tripod like formation on the radar , a litteral three pronged attack, that will make it very hit and miss!

Posted

YES PART 12!!!!!! ;) South east are on a roll !!!! so what we might not have snow? We have the best atmosphere in the thread :)

:yahoo: I shall try to contain myself......

1462046_o.gif

Posted

Well looking at the radar of the band(s) of rain, sleet and snow, it's arking right out towards the north sea, a good sign as it progresses south too me.

The further it goes out towards the North sea, the greater chance as our ENE'ly winds will drag in that area over a bigger area of the SE later today and our chances of seeing snow, not just reserved for the NW parts of London etc.

Can you post a chart to verify? Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

I think a good dusting is in line for most parts of the SE this evening, anything from 2-5cm+, more showery I'd say which could be better, albeit more hit and miss. But barring a major swing South Westwards of these bands, I'd say we are in the firing line after all! :clapping:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by GoonerGregg77

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

It is supposed to majorly swing round,however i am unsure as to how far south that will get before it does?

Posted

It is supposed to majorly swing round,however i am unsure as to how far south that will get before it does?

Although the SE expects some light flurries according to the Met Office, the band(s) are expected to miss the SE region bar the West & NWest parts of London, so yes, the major bands of precipitation are expected to swing South Westwards.

Posted

met office for kent has changed from dry to light snow for this evening (maidstone/canterbury/whitstable)...... we shall see if its more than the snizzle/flurries weve had over the last few days...... also it has suddenly put norwich for heavy snow from 9am?

Posted

met office for kent has changed from dry to light snow for this evening (maidstone/canterbury/whitstable)...... we shall see if its more than the snizzle/flurries weve had over the last few days...... also it has suddenly put norwich for heavy snow from 9am?

I am liking that a lot! lol! Will it snow in FAVERHAM - might in Faversham lol! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

arrgghh I wish it was in the day! I am knakered from all this late night lamp post watching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

snowing very lightly here