Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 12

kold weather

Posted

may be the high air pressure is killing off the precipitation.

Possibly.

In fact having a quick flick through the other regional threads, I'm struggling to find anywhere with falling snow at present!

Reports of rain or snizzle is about the lot at the moment!

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

I have a sneaky feeling not everything is going as planned at present with charts and radar and forecasts. I feel the front will swing west but far further down the country than predicted and I think from Anglia across south east and then along the southern region will get hit rather than it turning west north of London. I think its a case of watch this space. I also believe the blobs off Kent will find themselves coming inland as snow later this afternoon 4pm onwards and will give a covering. Very interesting day, not one to get excited over but one to enjoy watching evolve - I like days like this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Updated warning map from the Met bring west London into the warning zone. Yesterday the eastern extent was around Oxfordshire/Bedfordshire:

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Edited by danm

Posted

I'm more concerned about the Southerly extent currently. Haven't had much time for a look see this morning, can anybody do me the favours and answer that infuriating question.....

Will it snow in Eastbourne???!!!!! :rofl:

Posted

Updated warning map from the Met bring the west of London into the warning zone. Yesterday the eastern extent was around Oxfordshire/Bedfordshire:

You would imagine that the rest of London comes into line for a dusting as well, judging by that map

Posted

You would imagine that the rest of London comes into line for a dusting as well, judging by that map

Hopefully!

Posted

I have a sneaky feeling not everything is going as planned at present with charts and radar and forecasts. I feel the front will swing west but far further down the country than predicted and I think from Anglia across south east and then along the southern region will get hit rather than it turning west north of London. I think its a case of watch this space. I also believe the blobs off Kent will find themselves coming inland as snow later this afternoon 4pm onwards and will give a covering. Very interesting day, not one to get excited over but one to enjoy watching evolve - I like days like this.

Hi Wes are the conditions still right for snow for us? Its a bit warmer here at 3c and was wondering on the dp etc

Chris

Posted

Definate melt going on today now, puddles forming!

Still believe this is going to be a non event for areas east and south of london unfortunately.

Edited by StLuke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Definitely puddles here too, where yesterday they were solid ice.

Posted

Still believe this is going to be a non event for areas east and south of london unfortunately.

Yep, preparing for that TBH, but fingers crossed all the same eh? (It hasn't happened yet!)

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Those that missed it last week, may get it this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Decent cold spells and snow

http://meteox.com/fo...oop.aspx?type=1 I would clean anybodys shoes for this to come off ;)

You would probably catch some snow on Sunday but most of the SE would miss out looking at that. Temps look interesting though. All to play for!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

its just changed thats why lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer

looking at the radar- and excuse the novice question, but the ppn currently touching land over suffolk and north kent looks like it's increasing in size- would there be any chance of it joining up with the stuff that's moving slowly down the country to give some nice white stuff over london?

Posted

You would probably catch some snow on Sunday but most of the SE would miss out looking at that. Temps look interesting though. All to play for!

I still am looking at a line from Stevenage South to see between 2-6cms from tonights event. And we still cannot rule out a slight shift east which will bring eastern areas into play.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Updated warning map from the Met bring west London into the warning zone. Yesterday the eastern extent was around Oxfordshire/Bedfordshire:

I am just outside that area!!! That looks like the division is literally a mile or two to my West!! That WOULD be annoying!

Posted

Temp upto 3c here now drip drip drip......cloudy feels cold...... Not expecting much tonight but we shall see

Posted

I am just outside that area!!! That looks like the division is literally a mile or two to my West!! That WOULD be annoying!

I wouldn't take the boundary line too literally! 20-30 miles east could see some, or 20-30 miles further west could end up being the eastern extent meaning even west London misses out. It is wholly down to radar watching now.

Basically I think there are two bands of precipitation forming. One of them is currently out in the North Sea, to the north east of Hull. That will push SW, and eventually merge with the existing band over England - unless i'm mistaken.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The weather is due on BBC News, let's see if there is any further news eh?

I have a feeling that there will be a slight upgrade for our area, there is so much still open to fluctuations that it really will be a case of radar watching this evening... we will see.

Edit: I agree Dan, was just being a bit petulant... I am sure there will be some ppn in London, I am just being greedy.

Edited by Sno' problem