Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 12

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

just seen a gritter out never seen one out at this time for no reason?

Posted

According to tele were radar should be raining/sleeting/snowing overhead..... Something amiss with radar or evaporating before it reaches the ground.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well the BBC forecast was open to change, but the snow has definitely moved further East than their graphics showed earlier. Let's see what Peter Cockroft has to say...

Posted

It's all just started to pivot in the last half hour or so. Our only hope is that band over the N.Sea, to the NE of Hull. But, I have a feeling this will start to draw SSW shortly and enter around the Wash area. I think the Eastern extent will be a line from Kings Lynn down to Luton, through to Reading and then West to Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Worth reading this post from Nick L in the Midlands thread about why some people are seeing rain/snow over them on the radar but nothing actually falling from the sky:

Here is the link to his post:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72525-the-midlands-regional-discussion-part-5/page__view__findpost__p__2262924

It's all just started to pivot in the last half hour or so. Our only hope is that band over the N.Sea, to the NE of Hull. But, I have a feeling this will start to draw SSW shortly and enter around the Wash area. I think the Eastern extent will be a line from Kings Lynn down to Luton, through to Reading and then West to Bristol.

http://winter.buienr...neeuwradar.aspx ;)

Posted

Cocky is imminent, interesting thoughts from the 'Snow Risk thread' in that the current precipitation radar plots dont really tally with the forecasts, very exciting, hope for a twist or two.

Posted

Forecast from Nick Miller on BBC News Channel at 1:30 showed the eastern extent of the snow clipping in to more of the London area, though when he spoke about this he still referred to areas west of London. I think it's not inconceivable that light snow could get as far east as a north-south line roughly bisecting central London; there does seem to have been a very slight eastwards shift of the MO warnings and the foreacst graphics as today has gone on. An interesting evening/night for those in the corridor of uncertainty!

Posted

Nothing we didn't already know really from Peter on London Weather, dusting for East London, nothing for Essex + Kent, with best chance of a few CM's to West of London. Hope for upgrades near the time and that the blob coming in from the North Sea comes in a bit further South.

Edited by Discombobulation Man

Posted

Horizon seems to be disappearing on sheerness webcam! Radar watching and now casting..... Temp dropping down to 2.4c after high of 3.1c.....

Posted

People

Look at the will it rain today radar - that massive blob has our name on it lol come on come on you can make it baby! LOL

Been looking at the sheerness radar horizon slowly disappearing, are you near the seafront? Can you see anything? Lookslike fog.....

Posted

Been looking at the sheerness radar horizon slowly disappearing, are you near the seafront? Can you see anything? Lookslike fog.....

Temp dropping looks very grey which is good....let's hope that it moves over this way (east) a little more...

Posted

As I said earlier...

As an addition to that. We may possibly catch the odd shower as it all pulls away SW. But other than that we are going to be sitting this one out. In the Extreme NW of our region you may have a chance of something a little more potent.

Posted

even if we sit this one out down here in east kent we shouldnt be greedy as most of us had a fair amount across the county last weekend, good luck to those people who get this lot of snow :drinks: