Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

kold weather

Posted

So peed off! Can't believe I'm 33 and snow gets me this disappointed when it misses us in Sheffield.

No way that precipitation is gonna swing west enough to get us. It's already too far south. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

just rain here, still, how annoying, ah well, roll on summer!

Posted

Well I have given up here, slushy deposits on all surfaces but no proper snow today, the ppn was to east to effect west yorks. Can't belive 30-40 miles away s/e towards scunny they have had loads of snow!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Still coming down steadily around 2 inches of fresh snow though deadlifting in the garden was interesting :rofl:

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

ITV Calender weather forecast states no more than 1cm for "our area" ...im sure some places have more than that now ? what a strange forecast ?? anyway v light snizzle here atm ..not settling atm ...seems like nothing for us according to the radar ...I said that Sat early and we got some later so who knows , thought we might have had something though already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Snowed moderately here since about 3pm, lighter snow before that from 1pm. We've had a few cms in that time so am surprised by the reports from some members of a few inches in their area - looks like some people have done very well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Paul hudson said the weather front will swing round and start heading for south and west yorkshire he said "something to keep an eye on" sounds promising!

ooohhh my last glimmer of hope perhaps?!

Posted

I'm surprised at the lack of snow depth reported across eastern parts. I'm confident eastern parts will see much more in the next few hours, in for a real pasting if the radar is to believed.

Over here we had a brief sporadic burst of moderate snow, which left a sugar dusting on all surfaces. Despite constant drizzle for the last few hours the dusting remains and is frozen under a layer of ice. General snow depth remains the same, minimal if any snow melt from the constant drizzle today, probably due to temperatures been below freezing all day.

Posted

A covering here now but no more than a centimeter and pretty thin on the roads and paths.

A pleasant suprise nonetheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Whilst i agree the system is changing direction, i still think we're a little too far north. Time will tell

Posted

Snowed moderately here since about 3pm, lighter snow before that from 1pm. We've had a few cms in that time so am surprised by the reports from some members of a few inches in their area - looks like some people have done very well!

drove from Pock to Brough at 5pm ............i would say there was an inch at Pock and 3 inches at South Cave

( quite a lot has fallen over the Wolds i would guess )

Posted

Paul hudson said the weather front will swing round and start heading for south and west yorkshire he said "something to keep an eye on" sounds promising!

Watched BBC NW forecast and suggests no such thing, clearing our region (NW Engladn) by 9pm largely and nothing was seen coming over Yorkshire so not sure what he is on about.

Posted

Watched BBC NW forecast and suggests no such thing, clearing our region (NW Engladn) by 9pm largely and nothing was seen coming over Yorkshire so not sure what he is on about.

Yup, it would take such a massiv change of direction to suddenly occur and it looks pretty much impossible really looking at the radar and also the Meteox one seems to confirm judging by its path at the moment...

http://meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

snooooww!!!

Posted

Is this system due to change direction ...everyone is forecasting snow for here but the radar looks like it will clear here by 9ish ...am I missing something ...still nothing at all here ...just rain ...wet roads, no sign of the freezing rain also (not that we want that - v dangerous) ..temp still hovering around 0c

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looks like it also beginning to fragment as well big gaps appearing in the central belt. May have a another short period of light snow before it clears unless thta fizzles out before it reaches us.