Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

I'm liking it. I noticed you decreased the refresh rate from 60 secs to 30 secs. Is it possible you can narrow it down to real time? I'm just thinking of when there's a beast of a thunderstorm over the city. Ahh man, can just see lightning striking the BT Tower now. :lol:

Other than that, though, it's all good.

Cheers 09

Long time coming but we`ll be here for the summer, and if i can get away with 30" reloads i will do......just dont no what to expect if people start watching :unknw:

"Ahh man, can just see lightning striking the BT Tower"

You obviously have the same recuring dream i have......but i bet yours has more massive hail :lol:

i`ll be running more tests tomorrow if the skies are blue enough :good:

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Lovely misty morning in Birmingham

another day,another view

http://www.brumcam.co.uk/

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

EXCEPTIONALLY Dense Fog here this morning. Cant even see about 15 metres across the road!!!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Beautiful frosty misty morning here that wouldn't go amiss in September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

I was driving on the A45 yesterday travelling to Junction 6 of the M42 and there is an electronic road sign asking drivers if they are prepared for wintry weather. Does someone known something and not telling us!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

As expected the channel low appears on GFS, give a horrible washout sunday, always timed for daytime on sundays, reminds me of Xynthia (sundays low) on 28th Feb 2010

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

What an amusing morning it has been weather-wise. Woke up to some very misty conditions outside - a sure sign that the fog shield broke. But as I caught the bus and headed towards the town centre, all of a sudden I was greeted to completely clear sunny conditions with the fog lifted. Looks like this is going to turn out to be a great sunny day. :)

Amazed to think it's March already. So long Winter 2011/12, and next time bring more snow with you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thankfull to see the back of this winter in all honesty. It seems that finding perfect routes to cold and then perfect conditions for snowfall in the midlands get's harder and longer drawn every single winter. This last year of weather has put me off everything weather in all honesty. But this mornings conditions have brought a good summery feel to things and it's uplifted the spirits a little.

Good riddance winter 2011/2012 you were boring, teasing and thoroughly annoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

After some of the thickest fog ive ever seen this morning (Visibility about 20m at best), this rapidly lifted into a stunning day of SPRING, warm sunshine with little or no breaks. Fantastic. :D

Posted

Thankfull to see the back of this winter in all honesty. It seems that finding perfect routes to cold and then perfect conditions for snowfall in the midlands get's harder and longer drawn every single winter. This last year of weather has put me off everything weather in all honesty. But this mornings conditions have brought a good summery feel to things and it's uplifted the spirits a little.

Good riddance winter 2011/2012 you were boring, teasing and thoroughly annoying.

yep i feel like jacking in this hobby too, but i can't as i have been interested in the weather (god knows why) since i was about 10

we seem to always get the same old boring synoptics, and i have had one snow event this winter in 90 days

Posted

I cant understand how some want to see cold and snow again now next week? Thankfully there seems to be No Midlanders thus far who want to see a return to Winter! :D Im hoping it doesnt happen. Winter had had its turn now, the sun is out so get outside and enjoy it I say! I cant understand why people dont like the sun either. Couldnt bear a life of being stuck indoors, curtains shut etc.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I cant understand how some want to see cold and snow again now next week? Thankfully there seems to be No Midlanders thus far who want to see a return to Winter! :D Im hoping it doesnt happen. Winter had had its turn now, the sun is out so get outside and enjoy it I say! I cant understand why people dont like the sun either. Couldnt bear a life of being stuck indoors, curtains shut etc.

its only the 1st of march i give up looking for snow probably around mid to late march, there is plenty time for sun and warmth all the way to the end of october possibly, just because the calendar has flicked to march today don't mean cold and snow can bog off just yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have to admit now - after feeling todays warmth and the whole uplifting feeling, unless we can be guaranteed loads of memorable snow (Which we cant be, especially at this point of the season) that im now looking forward to lower 20's in spring with some great convection and storms. Then a hot but wet summer (if possible) would be brillant.

Posted

I have to admit now - after feeling todays warmth and the whole uplifting feeling, unless we can be guaranteed loads of memorable snow (Which we cant be, especially at this point of the season) that im now looking forward to lower 20's in spring with some great convection and storms. Then a hot but wet summer (if possible) would be brillant.

yep me too but storms and heat are nearly as rare as snow, well here anyway, so i won't be getting to excited about spring and summer, and a two day heatwave lol

Posted

its only the 1st of march i give up looking for snow probably around mid to late march, there is plenty time for sun and warmth all the way to the end of october possibly, just because the calendar has flicked to march today don't mean cold and snow can bog off just yet

Of course Winter just doesnt stop because its now March. But when we have had warm spring sunshine like weve had in the last week bar a day or two, You dont really want to plunge back into Winter again imo. :)

Posted

Of course Winter just doesnt stop because its now March. But when we have had warm spring sunshine like weve had in the last week bar a day or two, You dont really want to plunge back into Winter again imo. :)

i do lol, one week of snow and cold, and one week of warmth i would like i get bored quickly

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

i do lol, one week of snow and cold, and one week of warmth i would like i get bored quickly

Its a fair enough point. I do like snow but I think this overall pathetic winter as made me just want to see the total back end of it. Dont want warm/cold weather to confuse the plants though!

Posted

Its a fair enough point. I do like snow but I think this overall pathetic winter as made me just want to see the total back end of it. Dont want warm/cold weather to confuse the plants though!

though tbh i cannot remember the last time i had heavy settling snow at 1pm in the afternoon in march, of course at night it is easily possible for it to snow in march or even april.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, March is now upon us, no better time to do some spring cleaning and open a new thread...

closing this one now