Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

No snow at all. Blizzards and Gord only just down the A449 from me and I've got nothing!

Looks like youve got lucky.

Just that bit further East Wolf and Quarry Bonk for Blizzards has an altitude advantage,,,, nothing but rain here since 4pm and currently +1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

We were, it was an intense but localised area.

Looking at the radar again, I may be wrong thinking that was the end of it. There's some precipitation up near Derby that seems to be heading our way. And with patches intensifying without warning I wouldn't like to make a prediction.

Don't despair in the West Midlands...I feel things could now be developing. Next couple of radar frames will tell.

..and now we now that the uppers are on our side!

How would say say I stand in west Leicestershire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Well done, Stourbridge (he says through gritted teeth). Rain, rain and nothing but rain here. No snow, no sleet, no last-minute vaguely slushy deposits. Nothing but pure rain. At all. Throughout. Full stop.

Not that I'm bitter. Oh no. ;)

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Turned back to sleety drizzle as it calms down again...so still very marginal...the intensity obviously helped bring the snow flakes down.

Posted

Is it me or is there a slight chance of that precipitation pepping up again north of birmingham?? it looks as though it might???

Yes the gap in the ppn is starting to fill in, slightly north of Birmingham.

Bish

Posted

Well done, Stourbridge (he says through gritted teeth). Rain, rain and nothing but rain here. No snow, no sleet, no last-minute vaguely slushy deposits. Nothing but pure rain. At all. Throughout. Full stop.

Not that I'm bitter. Oh no. ;)

It's kind of nice that we're being congratulated for a quick 10 minute burst of heavy snow!

Sums up the whole event for the West Midlands really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's kind of nice that we're being congratulated for a quick 10 minute burst of heavy snow!

Sums up the whole event for the West Midlands really!

All I can say is that I dread to think how I would have been feeling right now if this had happened on Saturday as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Where have the Northants posters gone? Surprised there's not more excitement at what's showing on the radar. It looks to me as though there's quite a bit of snow with our name on it over the next few hours, and heavy snow too! :)

Sat in my study with lights off watching the snowfall. Is there any more beautiful sight? Flakes are sparkling as they fall as if star dust falling from the heavens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Turned back to sleety drizzle as it calms down again...so still very marginal...the intensity obviously helped bring the snow flakes down.

Sounds like ice pellets here. That snow and this what is probably freezing rain will make things real lethal in the morning.

Posted

Glued to the lampost. :lol:

Haha! Good man. I keep running back and forth. Radar looks juicy especially if that heavier stuff to our north can hold it together just a bit longer without weakening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes the gap in the ppn is starting to fill in, slightly north of Birmingham.

Bish

It's evaporating PPN Bish, nothing falling from the sky, I'm under it on radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

According to radar snow should start picking up a little here soon. Wouldn't be hard.. these are the smallest flakes ever witnessed, millions of the buggers, but they're sub mm in size. Barely even see them using a lampost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well people are reporting snow falling from nothing showing on the radar in Yorkshire :s how confusing

Posted

No, don't loose faith aj............trust me, I'm a Bishop, I know all about faith :winky:

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well people are reporting snow falling from nothing showing on the radar in Yorkshire :s how confusing

or they're telling porkies :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Sat in my study with lights off watching the snowfall. Is there any more beautiful sight? Flakes are sparkling as they fall as if star dust falling from the heavens.

Alright, alright. No need to rub it in.

I'll just stare at the light dusting we've got on the path.

Hurrumph.

Posted

I think not, that is perfection right there!

Posted

BBC weather have ignored the snow in the south east and the graphics start at 1am in the morning

a case of egg on face

Posted

No, don't loose faith aj............trust me, I'm a Bishop, I know all about faith :winky:

Bish

You need to have a word with your pantheon Bish, because the weather gods have pooped on us today! ...lol

Posted

Some light stuff over Burton on Trent heading this way. Nothing to get excited about at the minute but we've already had one small surprise this evening...so you never know.

Snow melted off pavements but still on cars. I do live in a narrow street with rows of terraced houses on each side though so it would be hard to keep a dusting like that down here with the warmth from the houses. I reckon if I walk out the back it'll still be there.