Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Light snow here now too, good to see the MO have extended their warning East, though it looks like it's going to clear our region now going by the radar haha!

Guest archiesmummy

Right so we have a dusting in Grays/Thurrock. Any other reports of at least a dusting in Essex? Nowt in Sarfend.

Well the grass has disappeared again (only had appeared to make the snowman!) Just ran out to measure and is 1cm at the mo that's in an hour..this is in chigwell Essex for those on their phones...

Posted

Moderate snow here in NW London, just a matter of time before it starts settling, should have this over us for atleast the next 3 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Light snow in Marlow, Bucks ...... seems to be slowing as well. I think we are caught in that trough with heavier snow to my W (Oxon) and to the E! :-(

Posted

Right so we have a dusting in Grays/Thurrock. Any other reports of at least a dusting in Essex? Nowt in Sarfend.

We had some very light snow in Rayleigh but nothing of note. Few flakes on the car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Crawley moderate snow, settling on cars and on existing snow from last week end. Been watching via wifes iPhone/face time as I'm in Madrid at the moment - she is getting fed up with holding her phone by the window so that can see it 'live'!

Mixed feelings as I want it to keep snowing but am flying back into Gatwick tomorrow!

Posted

Some real signs (at last) of motion now to the SSW/SW starting to pick up looking at the back-end of the front. Stil a good couple of hours of moderate snow to come. A line from the Wash down to Oxford looks at the moment to be in the bullseye zone, totals will reduce from there the further and south you go.

I think my location won't have a huge amount more to go, but a quick fire 1cm is decent enough considering I expected nothing. Very wet snow.

Posted

Crawley moderate snow, settling on cars and on existing snow from last week end. Been watching via wifes iPhone/face time as I'm in Madrid at the moment - she is getting fed up with holding her phone by the window so that can see it 'live'!

Mixed feelings as I want it to keep snowing but am flying back into Gatwick tomorrow!

Now that is dedication to do some lamp post watching via FaceTime in Madrid :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

to be honest they went by there models.. we went by our ones.. t.e.i.t.s said its all going to go a bit further east then forcasted, i doubted him at first but watching the radar all day then started to believe him.. and outside is the result of heavy snow falling and its now a bit more then a dusting..

I thought the same, I looked at the metoffice changed there forecast about 5 times leading up to this evening. I looked at the radar this morning and thought no way is that going to be a south west only event.... I was right!! Got home at 6ish and thought damn it, then a little while later the Metoffice changed everything.

9t1v03.png

1yd7p.png

Going by the radar and the metoffice forecast, it does look as if London is in the firing line for all the heavy stuff... The radar does look as if it has stuff missing.....

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Snow has arrived in Horsham, kids are now busily convincing themselves that school and work will be closed tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Had much more than a dusting here,a good few cms already and still snowing :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Yamkin, I can't help thinking you are in the wrong job, you are crazy about snow yet work for the team who are responsible for getting rid of it ;-)

Still light snow here in Croydon, starting to settle on paths and roads but they are now very wet so not sure how much we will get, I wouldn't have thought more then a couple of cm's though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

snowing very lightly here for the past hour but not really getting an accumulation, still very fine, flakes about the size of my brain still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just heading back to Surrey via Clapham Junction. Snow moderate here and settling on grass and not salted surfaces 5p sized flakes :)

Posted
Posted · Hidden by IanM, February 9, 2012 - edited original comment, it wasn't the cleverest I've seen
Hidden by IanM, February 9, 2012 - edited original comment, it wasn't the cleverest I've seen

snowing very lightly here for the past hour but not really getting an accumulation, still very fine, flakes about the size of my jap's eye still.

Charming