Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted

We still have 8cms of snow on grass in garden and road outside was near impassible when freezing rain fell earlier this morning.

On foot impossible to walk on unmade road without ice grips.

Temperature now 2°C however melt seems not to be significant!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Even though I haven't got snow cover here it's still sad to hear snow thawing for those who have it, I reluctently took in cup of water which has been out over for over a week and has frozen melted/refrozen many times but looks too mild tonight, quite enjoyed this cold spell though and has been quite memorable over the channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

THE BIG FREEZE is OVER at last :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

Posted

Light snow and freezing rain was forecast yesterday for the east of our region today - I was a little surprised there wasn't more talk about it on here.

Feels noticeably less cold here today, remaining ice and snow patches are slowly melting away, nice to go for a run without the fear of breaking my neck! Still feel this winter has more to offer for us down here, maybe no freeze, but I could see a few surprises in late Feb/March.

I see the model output thread is descending into the usual mix of bickering/ end of winter/ IMBY posting. It's the one thing that lets this forum down for me, all very child-like. I can understand the frustration of anyone in Scotland and Ireland, for whom it's been a poor winter for cold and snow, but I find it a bit of a head-scratcher when someone is actually jealous of another area getting snow, most bizarre.

What does this IMBY word mean, I have never heard of it before!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think we had a mixture of snow and freezing rain last night. There was very hard and thick coating of ice on everything this morning.

Posted

A couple of hours on the Downs overlooking Eastbourne this afternoon and the fun began trying to get up Butts Lane as it was thick sheet ice! 4x4's just made it but there were only two of them at the top car park. Lots of fun watching people in lesser cars trying to gain traction and then turn around again!

gallery_6667_1034_8862.jpg

View from the top when I finally slipped up the access road was obscured by freezing fog, but the snow is still 10cm deep min:

gallery_6667_1034_39315.jpg

gallery_6667_1034_29580.jpg

gallery_6667_1034_81509.jpg

Someone wanted to play in it.......

gallery_6667_1034_6172.jpg

gallery_6667_1034_22956.jpg

Posted

Oh well a fairly decent end to winter for our region. Shame the rest of it was pish. Here's to a decent summer and a better winter next season. Take care guys and gals.

Posted

Oh well a fairly decent end to winter for our region. Shame the rest of it was pish. Here's to a decent summer and a better winter next season. Take care guys and gals.

It's February 12th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

I wouldn't go throwing in the towel just yet. Winter has come late this year. Although things are calming down now, this is a lull. Towards the end of the month, the Met Office believe the SE will be influenced by the east again, and with above average rainfall thrown in for good measure, means one thing.....SNOW!

UK Outlook for Monday 27 Feb 2012 to Monday 12 Mar 2012:

The last few days of February and beginning of March are likely to see changeable weather. Temperatures are probably going to be average or below average for the time of year, particularly in the southeast. Being late February/early March, this suggests that overnight frosts are still likely almost anywhere, especially during any quieter interludes. Showers and longer spells of rain are possible, with an ongoing risk of snow, mainly in the north and east. Rainfall amounts across southern and central England may end up being above average in places by the end of this period.

Updated: 1124 on Sun 12 Feb 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Why is everyone saying winters over? Lest we forget recent years when it has had excellent snowfall in March and even April?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Just got home from wrk still 3 inches plus snow in grdn, very icy as well , but its +3 dgrs so expect most will be gone by end of tomorow ,9 days of good lying snow wth sub zero temps for most of that period was well worth waiting for this winter ,hers to the nxt winter blast...

Posted

A couple of hours on the Downs overlooking Eastbourne this afternoon and the fun began trying to get up Butts Lane as it was thick sheet ice! 4x4's just made it but there were only two of them at the top car park. Lots of fun watching people in lesser cars trying to gain traction and then turn around again!

gallery_6667_1034_8862.jpg

View from the top when I finally slipped up the access road was obscured by freezing fog, but the snow is still 10cm deep min:

gallery_6667_1034_39315.jpg

gallery_6667_1034_29580.jpg

gallery_6667_1034_81509.jpg

Someone wanted to play in it.......

gallery_6667_1034_6172.jpg

gallery_6667_1034_22956.jpg

Great photos - thanks. I havent seen a view like this in a while, really gives a sense of things to the east :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Part 13 unlucky for some....

....but not most of you in this region - shall we try a nice new shiny one soon ready for a new working week :good:

link to the new one here...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72586-london-the-south-east-regional-discussion-part-14/

this thread is now locked !

Edited by MKsnowangel